April 19, 2014 | 1362 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by OrangeUGlad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It got a medium coverage that's definitely build-able if you have enough patience and want more coverage. It doesn't dry me out, or turn me into a grease monster, which is always a good sign. If I wasn't so lazy with face makeup, I'd wear this stuff every day. Unfortunately I can only motivate myself to slap on some foundation one day out of every five weekdays.
Since it gives you moderate coverage, it looks nice and natural which is perfect for my everyday needs. I find that with one "layer" it kinda blurs out any imperfections rather than covering them up completely, which I personally like when I'm out and about doing everyday stuff. If you really want your face to be flawless, you're gonna have to build on it though. I don't have many blemishes except for the odd scar and sometimes red patches on my cheeks right below my eyes. This stuff does a nice job of smoothing them out and giving my skin an even tone.
The bottle is nice enough. It's glass, and sturdy enough to be dropped a few times. It comes with a pump which dispenses just the right amount. I haven't had any issues with product drying up inside the nozzle and then getting spit out at violent speeds, which is another bonus.
Overall I think it's a great product. It's versatile. You can use it as a everyday thing to make your skin look smoother and dewy, or build it up a little when you're going somewhere fancy and want to look blindingly perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of this foundation, it clings to any dry patches you have whilst somehow still being quite moisturising so my tzone get incredibly oily. I also can't believe they can call this an invisible foundation because you can see it on top of your skin in natural light, almost like a powdery mask. The only good pointed about this foundation is that it photographs well and does come in a huge range of colours.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this foundation in the summer of 2012. Although I thought it was amazing at first, it did become less greater towards the fall/winter time because it was too drying on my skin. This is not a foundation for girls with dry skin because it feels itchy and your skin feels tight. If you have oily-combination skin this foundation wpuld be perfect! The cost is too dear for a foundation so i would not repurchase but was pleasantly surprised with the results throughout the months of the summer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetagirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say about Makeup Forever?!
I was introduced to it about 3 years ago and fell in loooove!!! The foundation is so silky/smooth on my olive tone skin that I have been buying it every time it ran out.
It is a bit pricey at $40 but worth it if you can afford it.

You'll love the feel & the way it looks natural yet gives you absolute full coverage. Use in little amounts so you can save as much as possible :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by iamaycee

One of my HG Foundation! This will always be a staple on my make up kit!:D

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation because its hd, oil free with medium coverage, but I couldn't. This stuff did not last on my oily skin at all. Within two hours I was extremely shiny and my foundation look non existent. This foundation also clogged my pores pretty badly. Good thing I only got a sample of this foundation! Oh boy..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

Foundation is something I always play with. I am not necessarily loyal to any one foundation. However, this one is one of my favorites and I buy it a few times a year. I have medium toned skin and that tans easily. During the Summer I wear 123 and during the Winter I wear 118. I have also found mixing these two colors gives me the perfect shade for those in between times. When it comes to shades, there are plenty which is a definite pro with this line of foundations.
Obviously it is an HD foundation, so this is great for any time when you are going to be in front of the camera. Having pictures done, or perhaps your wedding day when there will be plenty of photos being taken. It won't give you that washed out, ghostly white face!
I have blemish prone skin, acne, old acne discoloration, and redness. (Ugh!) This is a great full coverage foundation, but it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It's easy to wear. Doesn't leave you with a matte finish, would be more on the side of a dewy finish.
Wears all day.
Overall, this is a great foundation! I would highly recommend it. Go to Sephora, let them match your shade, get a sample and take it home and wear it for 2-3 days and see if it's right for you.
I would highly recommend it! One of the better foundations out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this whe I walked into a random Sephora while touring NYC with a couple friend during the Christmas season back in '08. I had no idea that this foundation was building a cult following, I really like it and the way it "clean up" my face but it still looked like my skin. It was not goop and never broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JenniferBBvn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is alright nothing to brag about.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Overall a really good coverage liquid foundation. On good days, I don't even require concealer. However, produces oil too quickly and not ideal for oily skin. Requires touching up to prevent shine. Does not break me out particularly, but requires more attention to remove thoroughly due to its coverage.

Too expensive, but can last me approx 6-9 months using it everyday. Just 1 pump for the entire face (with a bit of remaining foundation to use as concealer if required).

Don't like how loose the cap is. Drop it once and the cap will never fit tightly again.

Update: changed this from a 4 star to a 3 star because I realised more flaws in this foundation as I learn more about foundations. This transfers, oxidizes, and it looks patchy after shine breaks through. Also updated to will not repurchase.