August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase Paste in Fair

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product as I had Bo-oing and didn't like it (after using Erase Paste, I am considering giving Bo-oing another chance)
The SA told me that Erase Paste is the better of the two and covers dark circles, brightens your skin and still covers blemishes and is better than Bo-Oing, hmmm... Well, this did nothing for me. It was too slick to hold onto the skin and maintain colour, I felt like it just yellowed the skin I applied it to and even when it was dry, any powder I applied would just stick to it and crease.

The little applicator was pointless as well. I just didn't like this product at all and the only reason it has 2 lippies instead of 1 is because it didn't break me out or clog my pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

****ABOUT MY SKIN****
I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin, nose and under my eyes, pretty much normal everywhere else. I have horrible, blue-purple hereditary dark circles.
****CONCEALER CONSISTENCY****
This has a thick, whipped cream gel kind of consistency. It's different to any other texture I have tried. Like a thick, goopy creamy gel.
****APPLICATION****
I think the best way to apply this concealer is with your fingers. Because of it's thick consistency, the warmth in your fingers really helps blend the product in to your skin. So I usually use my fingers to apply it, and then finish blending it out with my beauty blender.
****PROS****
--This concealer will cover absolutely EVERYTHING! "Erase" paste is a very good name for it. It will erase everything you need it to. It has amazing full coverage and you only need the tiniest bit of it!
--The colour is very peach/pink based, which is great for counteracting and covering dark circles.
--This concealer has decent staying power. About 8 hours I'd say, which isn't bad.
--This concealer will last you so long!
****CONS****
--The biggest con for me with this concealer is that this stuff creases like an absolute NIGHTMARE! Like omg. I've never in my life seen anything that creases this badly. Probably because of it's strange, thick consistency. No matter what I use (primer, powder), this creases far worse than any other concealer I've ever used, which annoys the crap out of me! A concealer that creases this badly will age your under eye area. Never a good thing! I can't stand the creasing in this. My bf even told me that my under eye area look awful when I wear this!
--This concealer is strictly for under your eyes (IMO). As I mentioned above, it is very peach based, which is great for under your eyes, but not on your face (unless you use a peach/pink based foundation). If you put this on blemishes on your face, they will stand out (as most people do not wear a foundation with strong peach/pink bases). So I would not recommend it for your face (which limits the use of the concealer)
--This concealer gets very cakey as the day goes on! A few hours after I apply it, I look in the mirror and it looks really cakey and un-natural. Never a good look.
--The goopy thick texture won't be the best for people with oily skin, as your skin will look greasy.
--The pot is not hygienic as you have to keep dipping your fingers in to it.
****BOTTOM LINE****
--If you have tried every concealer out there for your dark circles and none have covered them up, then I suggest you try this (if you can get past the intense creasing). This concealer will cover your dark circles instantly. But it's definitely not for people who like a crease-free under eye area. I probably won't repurchase, as I have other concealers that cover just as well and don't crease this badly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Jess1189

I was pleasantly surprised by this thick paste. It does cover a multitude of sins (if you use it correctly...aka tiny amounts), but it's just so expensive...I paid $24 for it at Ulta. On the plus, it has lasted me almost a year! So I guess that balances things out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only undereye concealer I've found that works for me. It does a good job of covering up my dark circles without screaming "she's wearing concealer!!!" and I haven't had serious problems with it melting or crepeing. The downside is it seems to make my (ironically also by BeneFit) mascara smear. However, considering the tough time I've had finding a good undereye concealer, I'll probably deal with that problem by switching up my mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying I was not initially in love with this product, however after much trial and error, and using it for almost a year I've managed to get it to really work beautifully and it's the main concealer I use under my eyes (I also like Mac Moisture Cover but only when I don't need much coverage). I'm going to start off by listing all the things I was doing originally that I feel made this product work against me, and then follow with the exact way I apply it now that gives me a completely invisible/brightened undereye area.

What I was doing wrong:
1) I was using wayyyy too much product which left me cake central, and literally eyes that looked I had aged 10 years...I didn't even know I had that many lines for this to slide into.
2) I tried to conceal my entire undereye area...don't do this you're just asking for trouble and for it to seep into every line
3) I was rubbing it in with a brush or my finger which was causing it to cake in some spots and be streaky in others, so I'd try to layer a little more on top to even out the application which only made it worse so I'd have to completely start over...and I do my concealor after foundation so that sucked.

How I've gotten it to work:
1) I gently dip my ring finger in the tub, and pick up just enough product to cover the tip of my finger and then apply the product only to the darkest area of my undereye/the inner third
2) I hold my finger still to my eye for a moment like a previous reviewer said to sort of let the product warm up then gently pat it into the dark area only...never rub!! NEVER RUB! I pat until it's completly blended.
3) As soon as I finish applying to one eye I immediately set that eye before moving on to the other. This is crucial...if I don't set it immediately it will have already have begun to crease when I come back to it after applying to my other eye. Right now I'm using MUFE HD with a fluffy eyeshadow brush to set it.

I know this application technique sounds ridiculous and like a lot of work which is the reason I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5, but it's the only way I've gotten it to work and I've yet to find any concealor that wears this well when I apply it this way. It never gets dry, it doesn't cake or settle into lines (anymore), and it brightens and conceals my undereye to the point where they look air brushed. If you look in profile, in almost every pic I'm wearing this concealer. So overally, I adore this but it took some time to get me there. I will definitely repurchase because I have never found anything even remotely comparable. It is quite expensive, but like I said I've been using this for almost a year and still have 1/2 a jar left....plus it hasn't dried out. Oh, and I use this in the medium shade which is a salmon color but it works well for my warm skin because for my undereyes I feel a cooler shade actually conceals better. Hope this helps!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by amascovs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am completely on the fence about this product.

For starters, you MUST use a primer underneath to get any sort of coverage with this. I was in a hurry this morning and figured I'd just go the concealer and blush route (no primer, no foundation) and I ended up spending more time on my makeup because without primer, this stuff is a cakey disaster. No coverage, crepey feel, impossible to blend, just overall junk.

However, with primer, this stuff is amazing. The salmon undertones conceal undereye blue/purple tones amazingly, it blends well and has great coverage. For girls with yellow undertones, this may not be your best bet.

I hate the container. I don't know why I went with a pot concealer.

Overall, I can't say I'm in love with it, but for the days when I have time to prime undereyes, it's great. Don't think I'll buy again, for the price I expected a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyDawn4552

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

originally when i bought this, i absolutely HATED it. i found it sticky, cakey, orange and overall ididnt get on with it. now ive worked out a slightly ebtter way to use it, its not my holy grail concealer.
firstly, you need a good primer. and ive learnt hte tip with this is to apply with clean fingers under the eeye and blend with your fingers, otherwise a brush applies too mich and itcakse up in seconds. this still will cake up on me, just not as much. i got this in medium which is a bit too organge,btu i can make it work by applying a light concealer before, it doesnt last to long, and does crease by the end of the day. i wouldnt say its reallt worth the money, im glad i didnt pay full price and got a small version instead.

I dont hate it as much as i did before, but if i do ever use it up i probably wont repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

I just received this at sephore when I was looking for a good concealer to cover my under eye circles. This is not it. It brightens like it says and it looks good, however it is far too thick and it doesn't dry. Still feels pretty damp under my eyes after a few hours and it doesn't last long. Booo. Back to drugstrore brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lilahtov1

Cute packaging AND a good product to match it is always nice. My only complaint is that I tried to use this on the rest of my face (as opposed to just my eyes) and though the coverage is great, it was a little too bright...but that is after all one of the selling points; it's a brightening concealer. Overall, great formula and texture in a cute little pot. I wouldn't say no to seconds.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this concealer!! I'm very pink toned unlike many.. And this is a salmon-y color so it matches my skin perfectly. Most brands think that everyone in this world is yellow and warm undertoned. Love the creamy consistency of this. Would recommend to all pink ladies like myself.