September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

This is a beauty powder and after asking a MA of it's purpose it can either be used as a blush, highlight or evening out imperfections. It's a peachy-pink colour with very fine gold shimmer. I like using it as a very faint blush (I'm NW25) and that's really all it is on me, a faint peachy colour. Great if you want a natural look. Although I do prefer layering it with blush because thats what it is great for, it's like the perfect partner for blush. I have to admit though, one of the reasons I bought this was to get my hands on the awesome pink packaging of Heatherette. It's not been a waste of money though because I have been using it alot to compliment my daily blush! I probably wouldn't buy it again even if I could because it's not a unique colour and doesn't have much colour payoff to warrant buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

NW15

This product was LE with the March 2008 Heatherette collection. The official product description is a pink with gold nuances. It looks a lot like NARS Orgasm, but more pink than peach, and less color payoff. It definitely gives a very subtle (and I mean SUBTLE) glow. I do have to pack it on to get it to show up, and I am the palest person on the face of the earth. I do love it for those days when you just want a little extra oomph, but don't want anyone to know you're wearing makeup. This product gets major points for the packaging - hot pink is right up my alley. In fact, the packaging was probably the main reason why I bought it, and I plan to use it as a powder compact once Alpha Girl is gone. I probably wouldn't buy it again, and since the color payoff is not great, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a skintone darker than mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

This is a beauty powder that came out from the Heatherette collection. The packaging is hella nice because it's in bubble gum pink and has Heatherette printed on the front. I would describe this as a light pink peachy color or just a light pink and not at all chalky. I don't really see the gold nuances at all though. I thought it would be really hard to get color on my cheeks (since I'm using this only as a blush)... but then it's quite easy. I just layer it 2-3 times with my 188 brush buffing it on my cheeks. It would show up as a really pretty pink as if I just came back from the sun or when I'm blushing. I also top it off with a iridescent powder in Belightful near my temples (the C) and on top of Alpha Girl. It's a really refreshing look. The lasting power is okay... I don't wear any primer/foundation/powder and I rub my face a lot so that's probably why it doesn't stay all day. Wearing this as a blush with lipglass in Sock Hop (also from Heatherette) looks amazing. They complement each other. If you are afraid this color looks too light in the pan and that it won't show up on your skin, I suggest try layering it a couple times. If you're not down with layering and prefer a darker/brighter pink that shows up really easily then you can do without it. I would suggest using this as a blush for a nice pinkish glow and just get it for the packaging! Now I'm sad since this is only a LE... so if anyone knows of another color very similar to this then please let me know.

I have a picture of it if you want to check.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

I love every single thing about this product! It is the perfect shade of pink that I've been looking for. It goes on smooth, and looks great on its own or over another blush. I've worn it both ways for different looks, and I'm absolutely in love. Initially, I was only concerned about it buying it because I loved the packaging, and figured it couldn't look too bad since I have quite a few pink blushes, and all of them go great with my fair skin. I was pleasantly surprised when I put this on, and found how much I loved it... not only for the adorable packaging, but for the quality of the product itself. Even though it's limited edition and I won't be able to purchase again in the future, if it was permanent I'd definitely buy it again... but for now I'm set since I got a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

SO PRETTY! I love this stuff. I initially only picked up Smooth Harmony to use as a bronzer and passed on this bc I thought it would be too sheer to use as a blush [which is what I took it to be]. I was right, however, it makes the prettiest all over face color ever! This could definitely work as a blush for a light-skinned gal who likes subtle cheeks, however, even though I am fair, I like my cheeks to be a bit pinkier and brighter. I definitely reccommend this as an AOFC though. I use it on top of bronzer to kind of tone down the bronzer making it look more natural and add a nice glow to my face. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is gorgeous! It's the perfect blush. Pinky peach, a tiny bit of shimmer and it looks so natural on. I'm an NC20, so I use this as a blush and it shows up perfectly. I bought this for the packaging, but am really impressed with the product too. HG blush .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

Oh I am in LOVE with this beauty powder! Its gorgeous! Its a pink peach with a hint of shimmer. It goes on so smooth, a few layers and your glowing! I love this color on my complexion, the pinky peach balances out the pink and makes me look more golden, and vice versa for more yellow complexioned ladies. The packaging is HOT so its fun to pull out of my purse and do touch ups. Its probably my favorite piece from this collection, and a great color for summer! Buy it before it totally sells out! At $22 its totally affordable and will last forever. I'm glad the color is sheer at first, great for all over highlighting and glow. I apply it about three times to get that perfect pink pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by RedPoint

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Alpha Girl is just the best peachy pink for me...I am NC15-20, so I use it as a blush rather than an all-over powder. It's just so perfect go-with-everything daytime blush! And I love the subtle glow( as contrast to the frostiness of Barbie Loves MAC Beauty Powders) it gives. It really looks flattering. The package is also awesome! In short, I love love everything about it! Will I repurchase? I am getting a back-up now. It's so great that I don't ever want to do without it...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by NEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh, I love this product!
It was actually the only thing that I really wanted to buy from the Heatherette collection. The packaging is absolutely amazing and the powder is o so soft.
When I first started using it (I wasn't familiair with the Beauty Powders) as a highlighter, it didn't really show up on my skin. But I found out that when I apply a bit more I can use it as a really beautiful blush!
It's actually the most beautiful blush I've ever used. So, I'm loving this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

This beauty powder is beautiful both in the compact and on my light complexion. I wear Bobbi Brown warm sand and it looks very natural as a blush. I pair this with smooth harmony as a bronzer across forehead, nose, tops of cheeks and chin. Then I sweep alpha girl on cheeks and use lightly hipness, sweetness or some other highly pigmented blush on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me a beautiful smooth and glowing complexion. I like that it doesn't have shimmer and I bought a back up which I have for swap, but just might keep it as I can see this being used quite often.