December 22, 2014 | 1795 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by EightNineTen

Looove this. I only use this 2x/week because I think it's too abrasive for everyday use. Evens out my skin texture and makes my skin super smooth. If you use this very frequently, I think it will be drying, but for occasional use, it isn't. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by humbyrdd

love this stuff, its cheap works good but isnt to harsh. i use it twice a day. ive used the mary k microdermabrasion product and this seems to work as well and is cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by danicajonas

I love this product, it's my holy grail scrub! The exfoliators in it are so small, and it smells fantastic, really makes a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sonal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this scrub! I have tried the other St.Ives scrubs [black and blemish(found grains to be bit sharp), gentle (very few grains and creamy), invigorating (many grains but not sharp)]. Out of these 3, I liked invigorating the best and have been using for many years. However I find I have to be careful not to scrub too hard with it. And with my daily BP use, I am finding using the scrub everyday is drying out my skin badly. However I still do need the exfoliation. So recently when I ran out, I decided to try the microdermabrasion one and I must say I am very pleased. It's a gel like with very fine beads and you can rub it in all around even with pressure. It says on the package that it is gently enough to be used everyday. Price is a bit more than the other St. Ives scrubs but I feel it is worth it for the quality of the product as the grains are very fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is fantastic! Not only does it work very, very well, but it smells nice and it's extremely inexpensive. It's a gentle cleanser which is full of a micro-fine exfoliant, almost the texture of sugar granules. I like to use it in the shower to wake my face up and feel super clean. The packaging is nice too, it's a little squeeze tube which will allow all of the product to be used when you get to the end.

This is way better than the apricot scrub, IMO, because it's not as harsh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. It has smaller grains than the St. Ives apricot scrubs, and I like that. The walnut granules in those are supposed to be way too harsh to use on your skin. Even though it isn't true microdermabrasion it is a really good scrub. I use it once a day and that is fine for my skin. I used to use a facecloth with my cleanser, (Clean and Clear makeup dissolving cleanser) but I prefer to save those for the shower. I also like the way this works better. It's really good for helping to get rid of any "flakies" so that you can a) put on foundation etc without it emphasizing these and b) preps your skin real well for any moisturizers or treatments (I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid) I'm very happy with this and will keep it as a staple for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MaliceInMakeupLand

This is my HG scrub, I love it! Personally I find it mild enough to use everyday without it being too harsh on my skin (as long as I dont excessivley scrub my face). My white heads have gone, my skin is smoother. Packaging is easy to use, product isn't super dirt cheap but for $9.90 AUD I cant complain this scrub works better then my collection of high end products for 1/5 the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Five

Many are stating that the product doesn't appear to be grainy enough. I find this very concerning. Our skin is . . . well, skin. We don't need to Brillo pad our skin into submission. If we use effective products that are also gentle on a regular basis as opposed to sporadically every once in awhile, our complexions will be all the better for it.

I like the fact that it doesn't have a heavy scent, is very gentle and also effective. I habitually follow up with another frugal favorite, Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask and my face and neck are virtually line free. I am 42.

I do believe this will be one of my new favorite frugal finds. I also use it on my chest then rinse and dust with Bare Minerals. Get that baby's bottom glow right to my shoulder blades.

Work those products, ladies! Bold beauty for just a few bucks!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Em, I'm still on the fence. It's not harsh at all, but it doesn't really feel like a microdermabrasion scrub at all. I would say, it is almost too mild to be classified as "microdermabrasion". My skin felt squeaky clean after using this, but I didn't feel that it did anything spectacular. I guess you get what you pay for, though - it was only 3.49 (on offer from 4.99 or so).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. A tiny bit goes a really long way, used on wet hands or mixed with jojoba oil or a cleanser. It's dirt cheap considering how little I need (the tiniest blob). I use it a couple times a week, being careful to rub with almost no pressure and just spend time tickling little circles all over my sensitive and acne-prone face, and follow up with lavender and coconut oil and I'm laughing. Beautiful.

If used too often, or rubbed too hard, it can definitely be harsh, though the granules are nice and fine. I have, a couple of times, been a little over-zealous with it........I'm going to try ground almonds, or oats, or brown sugar, and see if they're effective enough to replace a store-bought product, since that would be my preference.