July 29, 2014 | 2145 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kmpack

AMAZING. Every foundation I love seems to be discontinued. I used Maybelline Shine Free for years before that was discontined. Then after a long hunt, I found my next beloved foundation Revlon Colorstay Active Light...also now discontinued. I was beginning to get discouraged when I ran across great reviews of this foundation here. I decided to give it a try and could not be happier. This applies like a dream, I would say coverage is medium but definitely buildable. It's not a true matte finish, but is semi-matte and very silky. I set this with my MAC blot powder and I'm good to go! Love it! It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. Crossing my fingers that this doesn't get discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought I found my HG foundation but sadly I broke out a TON from using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

well i have tried so many foundations (mac,estee,lancome, laura m, mufe,too faced, urban d, revlon, maybelline, be, loreal etc etc.) just about everything to cover my oily acne prone skin.. and i have to say i love this product. it provides medium to full coverage, does not oxidize and doesnt make my skin any oilier, just natural and pretty!!, and if i set it with powder, it stays put and dont have to blot.

the only downside is that it took me a long time to decide which color i wanted, its hard to pick with the frosted bottles..i am an nc 30, but my skintone is hard to match bc i have yellow peachy undertones and i bought creamy beige and sandy beige...creamy beige is slightly too light and sandy beige is slightly too dark..so i mixed half a pump of each and it matches my skin!!! sucks that i need to buy 2 colors but oh well still cheaper than sephora or anything from the mall and it comes with a pump!!

i apply with my fingers and it gives me a flawless finish and afterwards just buff in either mac blot powder or coty airspun translucent with my ecotools bronzer brush..and makes my skin look like butter!!! hope they wont discontinue will keep on buying

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by tonsofcurlz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore foundation ever! I began using it around Nov. 2009 and still have not found anything I like better. The quality is top notch. I use Creamy Beige and it matches my skin perfectly. It doesn't oxidize and provides medium to full coverage for me. This foundation has never caused me to break out (stay away from the primer, though!) and seems to improve the quality of my skin. I don't have any proof of this, but I never have breakouts when using this product. I don't see any sort of shimmer from this foundation, so I'm not sure what the reviewers below are referencing. Have already repurchased and I'm glad my shade is still in stock. It seems CVS reduced the Inspired by Carmindy inventory to select shades so I'm grateful I can still buy it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Hate to be a hater but this was a very shimmery foundation that was way too light for my skin. In the light, I looked like a disco ball. To be fair, I don't think anything can replace my pur minerals as I'm addicted to powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by MiakoKoneo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great! After trying to find greener makeup to replace my old stuff, my sister told me about Carmindy's line of makeup and thanks to all the great reviews, I waited for 2 weeks until my local CVS had it in stock and bought it.

First of all I have this shade in porcelain and it matches my pale skin beautifully. Usually lighter colored foundations are too orange for me. This consistency is really good too, not too goopy or liquidy but more like whipped cream consistency (if you shake the bottle before using). It feels really light on my skin yet I would say it has medium to full coverage. It lasts about 5-7 hours without looking a little run down, and thats with powder and a primer. I have quite oily skin so thats fine with me!
    Ive been using it for about a week and im definitely happy with the results. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by m3c

Update again... 8/2011, still love it, still find it difficult to locate her line anywhere, three of four stores that carried it, no longer do. I truly plan to stock up when I find it again tho. HOWEVER, one thing is that it doesn't seem to last very long. It lasts on your face, but the jar doesn't last nearly as long as other lines, yet I will only wear this so guess I'm screwed. Also, I wish they used sunscreen, but I'm guessing they don't because it must mess with the product so it doesn't wear the same, I have no idea why else they wouldn't use it.

Well. I can almost not contain the joy I feel at knowing this product exists! This is by far, the BEST foundation I have Ever, EVER, used. I want to grab Carmindy and hug her till her beautiful little green eyes pop out! no, I wouldn't want that, but definitely had to thank her, thank you FB. Maybe we could offer her an award of some kind? too much? ok, maybe just a medal then. Seriously? It is really the most incredible thing ever. My skin looks flawless, my lines though few are completely minimized and don't look worse or caked as most makeup seems to deepen the lines I can barely see around my eyes and with most makeup I suddenly can see them. Not with this. What lines? (and it doesn't even say it does that) The rest of my makeup stays put, it acts as the perfect canvas but the truly surprising thing is that it doesn't feel heavy, in fact I can't feel it at all. Nor can you see it. I look.... airbrushed! And honestly, without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If they ever stop making this, I'm going to freak out! Plan to buy an entire case of it, jic. For those of you who are old enough, you'll remember when I say... they took the sponge off the market as well! (was taking too much money away from the pharmaceutical industry. How completely wrong is that.). And God forbid this disappeared! They only recently, I think in 08 or 09 re-introduced the sponge, thank God. Guess the Pharm. co's were finally making enough money with everyone loaded up on anti-depressants they could afford it. I digress.
    Carmindy. Your make up ROCKS! oh, her pressed powder is incredible, especially the "Neutralizer". At $12.95, this foundation is a complete steal! It should honestly be selling for closer to $40.00! And I am not kidding!
    UPDATE:::
    WELL, it's been at least four months now and I still wake up every morning excited to do my makeup! And this is a big deal for me, especially since I have never used one foundation in my life I liked very much so rarely used it and therefore never had that airbrushed smooth glowy look that I see some women have. Well, now I do and I LOVE IT!
    I don't have oily skin, but I still found that using other foundations or even powder alone I would have to powder my face throughout the day, getting shiny and even kind of oily. With this? I never even think about powdering or even double checking myself during the day. I went 10 hours without once checking my makeup except to re-apply some lipstick. When I got home I needed to quickly get dinner ready and then two hours later I checked my face. I cannot get over it, but it still looks almost exactly the way it did this morning!
    I've read that this is the best Drugstore Foundation that many women here ever bought, but I will go a step further and say that it is the best on the market, that I have used anyway.
    I know everyone has skin which acts differently, but I can only hope that everyone is as lucky as I was with this because it is truly amazing!
    UPDATE: Ok, still LOVE this product, BUT.. Cannot find this line almost anywhere now. It's been taken from almost every rite aid near me, and only one CVS out of about seven of them around the area, carried it. Also, the pump does bother me, it's wiped out more than one article of clothing as sometimes it doesn't pump and then when it finally does, it's splatters. I've checked the web and can find no one mentioning that the line shows as "discontinued" at the places that do carry it. I need to find a place that carries the entire line! I don't know where to get it consistently, anyone know what is going on?

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by rwaheb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. Its not my HG drugstore (that goes to my Revlon colorstay) but its my second favorite. This is my favorite everyday foundation.

Right off the bat, the first pro is the packaging. Thank you drugstore foundation that is smart enough for having a pump. The bottle is cute and frosted. Some may not like that because it gives a false sense of color for the foundation.
    Next, the foundation comes out not to thick and not to watery...perfect consistency. I was thrown off when i first saw it because of its was slightly gray hue, however its one of those foundations that perfectly matches your skin when rubbed in (i guess its the whole "your skin" idea). I don't know if its because it slightly oxidizes or if it just looks better blended in, but hey it works amazingly. Another positive is the coverage. I have hyperpigmentation from previous acne and a breakout every now and then; but just one pump covers my whole face beautifully. I also think its very blendable. I'm a sponge or flat top brush kind of girl but this foundation actually just looks great blended in with my fingers.
    Very mild for those acne-prone people out there. I'm acne prone too but this has never broken me out.
    I really recommend this to people that want a nice natural foundation that has medium to full coverage, from a drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first, I really liked this foundation.It felt very light on my skin, yet covered my pores and redness on my cheeks,wore nicely throughout the day. I liked that it was paraben-free, and contain various ingredients that are beneficial to the skin.
    *Update- I decided to try some other foundations (always in search of my HG), and decided to try this one out one mopre time. I found that it made me look washed-out, and left my skin feeling dry & tight (although I use a moisturizer and have oily skin). Won't be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by alismi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the most perfect foundation for my uber-pale skin. The lightest color, Porcelain, is one of the only foundations I have ever tried that actually matches my skin color and I have tried everything! Most foundations have a slight orange cast to them, which makes my skin look a little oompa-loompa-ish. This makes my skin look, well, like skin. You can barely tell that I have foundation on. It lasts all day and best of all it's very cheap, considering it's only $12.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No