January 30, 2015 | 1511 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Thena

I have used shea butter for years. Similarly, I have liked L'Occitane products. You can get shea butter for cheaper, but this is very good quality shea butter that is organic and fair traded. I use this primarily on my skin for the harsh, cold dry winters. It's good on all the tough areas such as lips, face, hands, etc. I use it as a daily moisturizer in the nigh and my skin is soft and silky by morning. Shea butter also has built in SPF8 and it can be mixed in with other natural moisturizers. People with dry hair or scalp can use this as well. I'm not a huge fan of the tin. I actually like the look of it but mine can be rather difficult to open for some reason so I never fully close it. L'Occitane products are a treat for me and I only ever buy them in Europe because I can't justify the expense otherwise. I would buy this product again, but I still have so much of it left. It's a big tin and it will last awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lip moisturiser. I keep a large tin in my bedside table to use at night and I wake up with soft, moisturised lips. It's very thick and in cold weather it goes quite hard, but softens easily on warm skin. As it is so thick, I only ever use it at night or if I'm at home, because it looks almost like zinc cream, I put it on so thickly. I like the soft scent and I love the results. Excellent stuff, I just wish it wasn't quite so expensive, but a large tin does last months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

wow, I RIS and I didn't really expect this to be quite this rich. I remember getting shea butter from a formulater company a while back but it was not like this. This is great to mix with creams to make it thicker and I use this with a little emu oil on my damp hair to smooth, I also drop some into my hair conditioner. I can see this would make a good pre- shampoo treatment too. Now as far as using this straight from the jar I cannot see myself doing that too much because its very sticky plus the jar itself is very clumsy and I can see how you can drop this (I have) . This is good stuff but if you look on Ebay you can get something identiical for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this. I really liked it but I don't think I'd buy it again because I can get Shea butter for cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by hadeutsch

although it's 100% pure shea butter, but i must say shea butter moisturises not good. It did nothing, espite leaves a film on the top. I used it for my lips and my lips continued to crack and bled. The only thing i satisfy about it when i use The body shop lip blame to make lips smooth and some shea butter on the top. Wow you can image that my lips shine very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A little pricey but it works really well. I like that this only contains shea butter and no fillers. Has a very slight minty kick to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jc3379

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore L'Occitane products and early in my product-shopping days, the L'Occ shea butter was the go-to shea butter... that is until I got with reality and realized I can get shea butter for 1/4 the price many other places. I appreciate L'Occitane's commitment to excellent quality and ethics, but as a smart consumer, there are way cheaper options.

The product in general is good, it solves a variety of skin issues, especially for spot treating since shea butter is a little thick and tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

RIS and is now a holy grale product. I have very dry skin (even during summer). My forehead is constantly super-dry, and this is the ONLY product that has solved that problem!!! And It's the only product that has healed a dry eczema I've had on my right hand for 10 years. I am SO HAPPY i've got this. Use it every day, all year around. Amazing stuff! :) :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Jibriell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product, super moisturizing and all-purpose as well.
I use it for my hands, feet, lips, my whole body when it feels too dry and even for my face!

I use it at night and when I wake up in the morning my face feels so much softer and it looks so much better.
The only thing I don't like it's the price but a tiny amount of product goes a long way so it lasts for months.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Shea cream felt nice. That is about it. Nothing to write home about. I went into the store looking for a honey moisturizer that I really liked but it was discontinued. I decided to try something new so I picked this up. Not worth the price tag.