L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

Shea Butter

on 12/3/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a review for the Shea Butter in the tin. I wish this was better, but it always goes rancid in no time. I think the packaging may not work to keep it fresh. I wish it was better b/c I like the company effort to provide jobs through this product development. The store has a terrible return policy and will not exchange or refund for a fresh tin. However, I still love their shea butter soap.

on 11/4/2010 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used shea butter for years. Similarly, I have liked L'Occitane products. You can get shea butter for cheaper, but this is very good quality shea butter that is organic and fair traded. I use this primarily on my skin for the harsh, cold dry winters. It's good on all the tough areas such as lips, face, hands, etc. I use it as a daily moisturizer in the nigh and my skin is soft and silky by morning. Shea butter also has built in SPF8 and it can be mixed in with other natural moisturizers. People with dry hair or scalp can use this as well. I'm not a huge fan of the tin. I actually like the look of it but mine can be rather difficult to open for some reason so I never fully close it. L'Occitane products are a treat for me and I only ever buy them in Europe because I can't justify the expense otherwise. I would buy this product again, but I still have so much of it left. It's a big tin and it will last awhile.

on 9/29/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG lip moisturiser. I keep a large tin in my bedside table to use at night and I wake up with soft, moisturised lips. It's very thick and in cold weather it goes quite hard, but softens easily on warm skin. As it is so thick, I only ever use it at night or if I'm at home, because it looks almost like zinc cream, I put it on so thickly. I like the soft scent and I love the results. Excellent stuff, I just wish it wasn't quite so expensive, but a large tin does last months.

on 9/8/2010 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

wow, I RIS and I didn't really expect this to be quite this rich. I remember getting shea butter from a formulater company a while back but it was not like this. This is great to mix with creams to make it thicker and I use this with a little emu oil on my damp hair to smooth, I also drop some into my hair conditioner. I can see this would make a good pre- shampoo treatment too. Now as far as using this straight from the jar I cannot see myself doing that too much because its very sticky plus the jar itself is very clumsy and I can see how you can drop this (I have) . This is good stuff but if you look on Ebay you can get something identiical for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this. I really liked it but I don't think I'd buy it again because I can get Shea butter for cheaper.

on 8/8/2010 3:10:00 AM

although it's 100% pure shea butter, but i must say shea butter moisturises not good. It did nothing, espite leaves a film on the top. I used it for my lips and my lips continued to crack and bled. The only thing i satisfy about it when i use The body shop lip blame to make lips smooth and some shea butter on the top. Wow you can image that my lips shine very natural.

on 6/19/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A little pricey but it works really well. I like that this only contains shea butter and no fillers. Has a very slight minty kick to it.

on 6/16/2010 10:55:00 PM

I adore L'Occitane products and early in my product-shopping days, the L'Occ shea butter was the go-to shea butter... that is until I got with reality and realized I can get shea butter for 1/4 the price many other places. I appreciate L'Occitane's commitment to excellent quality and ethics, but as a smart consumer, there are way cheaper options.

The product in general is good, it solves a variety of skin issues, especially for spot treating since shea butter is a little thick and tacky.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

RIS and is now a holy grale product. I have very dry skin (even during summer). My forehead is constantly super-dry, and this is the ONLY product that has solved that problem!!! And It's the only product that has healed a dry eczema I've had on my right hand for 10 years. I am SO HAPPY i've got this. Use it every day, all year around. Amazing stuff! :) :) :)

on 4/22/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, super moisturizing and all-purpose as well.
I use it for my hands, feet, lips, my whole body when it feels too dry and even for my face!

I use it at night and when I wake up in the morning my face feels so much softer and it looks so much better.
The only thing I don't like it's the price but a tiny amount of product goes a long way so it lasts for months.