April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product today while at Wal-mart, since I had gone there for the Organix Anti Breakage Brazilian Keratin Therapy serum. I had returned the shampoo from that line because it had lightened my hair a bit [but it's still a good shampoo!], & since I'm doing the Brazilian Therapy Treatment in a few weeks, plus I just needed a new sulfate free shampoo overall, I decided to buy this one. I've tried the Coconut version from this line but since my hair is a bit protein sensitive, & my hair is dry, i needed something more moisturizing. My scalp also gets a bit itchy, & i know teatree oil is supposed to be great for helping that.

I've had a lot of experience with sulfate free shampoos, since my colored hair needs no salts. Besides, they dry out my already dry hair, which is no good. [Sulfates really aren't even needed for cleaning; they're just cheaper, & more available, thus major companies put them in every shampoo. We just all assume we need them due to the fact they've been around for so long]. I know they don't foam up as much but that doesn't mean that they don't clean. This one did actually did foam more than I expected. The consistency was gel-like, as some had said, so mine was thicker as opposed to the runny version some had. I've had runny shampoos before as well though so I know that's somewhat typical of the s-free ones I guess.

After I rinsed, it did not tangle that much, just a wee bit, but the ends of my hair also did not feel stripped at all. I actually was deep conditioning today so I just towel dried & stepped out, & touched my hair when it was semi dry. it was not dry whatsoever. I guess it just depends on hair & scalp type, since though this line gets a bad rep, it has never done me wrong thus far. My hair is dry now & in conjunction with the Anti break serum from the Brazilian Keratin Therapy line [which made my hair SUPER smooth, even for me], my hair feels & looks wonderful. Since this is only the first time I have used it I gave it a 4, which I will update when I've used it a few more times. I usually CO-Wash, so I only use shampoo maybe once a week, or once every 2 weeks. Probably more now that spring is almost on us & it gets hot here.
The packaging is fine, I've never had an issue with it. The price was reasonable, $6 ish at Wal-mart, which isn't too bad. That's around the price for the other ones in different brands anyway.

So far so good :) I like this shampoo a lot, & I don't think it's really getting the proper love it deserves. Not everything works for everyone I guess. Doesn't hurt to try though! Your scalp will love you for sulfate free :)

[edit]: Well, I will return this to Walmart, because my hair needs more moisturization than this can give. It's probably not the fault of the shampoo but just my hair & it's high maintenance :P I actually had better luck with the Nature's Gate SLS-free shampoo, so that's something I'll probably stick with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I was looking for a Sulfate free shampoo that wouldnt break the bank and this was affordable and smelled really good. I find that some products claim to be Sulfate free when they do infact contain sulfates. I think cosmetic co's decided that Sodium Laureth Sulfate free is the same as Sulfate free, and they could substitute any other sulfate they wanted, like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

Shame! Shame on them!! I call that false advertising.

This shampoo contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, looks very similar but acts VERY different. It is plant derived and much gentler on hair and skin. I find it cleans just as well without stripping my hair of all its moisture. It is true that this shampoo dosent lather like Sulfate packed ones, but lather alone does not clean your hair.

I can not tell you how much I adore the smell. It reminds me of chocolate and mint. I know it says tea tree and mint, but tea tree oil smells a bit like chocolate to me.

I get the best results when I add this to very WET hair. Otherwise it's harder to spread out over my head. I also only wash the top 1/2 of my hair. My ends dont need to be scrubbed and when I rinse they get washed anyways.

This shampoo/conditioner leaves my hair squeeky clean and full of body. The scent lasts a few hours but fades quickly. I dont want to smell like shampoo all day but a little lingering scent is ok by me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by meeshmallow

I bought this because it was SLS-free and thought it would be gentler on my coloured hair, and I loved it at first. It foamed up fairly well (considering what I heard about other sulfate-free shampoos) and thought it made my hair nice and soft... for the first few shampoos. After maybe a week I started to notice my roots becoming more and more oily (I thought it might have been the product in my hair at the time). Eventually I had to stop using it because now all I'm concerned about is how I'm going to wash out all the oil buildup. I don't think I will be using this kind of shampoo again. I suppose if you don't have oily hair this would be a good choice, and it does smell great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by edisque

I purchased the tea tree mint shampoo and conditioner because they were sulfate-free and I like to treat my hair pretty gently (itís never been colored, permed, chemically straightened, etc.).

A few days after introducing the shampoo and conditioner to my routine my scalp and hair began to feel extremely dry, but the strands felt coated and dirty. Unfortunately, I did the worst thing possible - stepped up the frequency of my shampooing and left the conditioner on longer before rinsing. I quickly developed a sensitive red rash wherever the products had touched, including my scalp, hands, and neck. I stopped using the products, and after a few weeks and a trip to the dermatologist the rash subsided. It took longer for my hair and scalp to return to normal, but there was no permanent damage.

I believe that the shampoo caused my reaction (my scalp was inflamed, yet I only apply conditioner to the hair ends and shaft) but I now avoid the conditioner as well. Iím disappointed that the products didnít work for me, but I hope this review helps anyone who is experiencing the same reaction. Iíve tried many drugstore brands before and never had a reaction like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by r0se

I wanted to like it, but It left my hair dry. I have short fine oily hair and I was hoping the green tea would help my scalp, but it did no such thing. It smells nice, but it just left my hair dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by DazzleGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These lines of hair products seem nice. I really like this one! I've tried the tangerine olive oill shampoo, and its pretty good too. I really don't understand all the negative feedback on this product. I figure people are using it who really don't need hydration. I use it in the winter, and periodically through the year after I get my highlights and low lights touched up. It leaves my hair feeling so nice!

Only two complaints are that I wish the mint smell was stronger, and I wish they would redo their bottle shape/cap

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by renglish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This left my hair so staticy and dry. I have very thing straight hair and the static caused from this was insane. It smelled nice, but for the price I was expecting more.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by caboodles186

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an African American woman with relaxed hair. I tried this product because it is sulfate free, and I really love the smell of this shampoo. Unfortunately it made my hair feel like straw, big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by k3rsha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite shampoos! i have curly that breaks easy and can get dry but at the same time i cant go long without washing it because it will get oily quick. this product was amazing, it was gentle and made me hair super soft. i loved the smell! and it actually stays in your hair. its alil on the expensive side but is worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by plastics

I still have this product because I hate using it. I use it on days when I'm not going anywhere, because it sucks. It looks like it should be really great, but it's not. It might be organic, but you might as well wash your hair with dirt, it's cheaper. I don't even like the smell that much to be honest. It makes my hair feel gross.