September 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 2:38:00 AM More reviews by spajunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love l'occitane soaps there the best. i think that this soap moisturizes well and doesnt break me out like alot of soaps do. i also like that it doesnt have a overpowering scent. i think it smells really good. it makes my skin so silky that i dont need to apply lotion after. the only thing i dont like is the price but its such a good product that its worth it though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the milk soap. My skin gets very dry from cheap soaps. This one is perfect! Lathers so well and smells so nice. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by essentialoil56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these and have them in so many scents. my fav is the milk coz I can use it with any body lotion afterwards, chestnut a very close second and vanilla bourbon. the last two have the strongest scent I think along with ylang ylang (head clearing floral) and verbena. others have just a hint of scent like lavender and cinnamon orange, its a very creamy lather and great for sensitive skin, I always stock these up and panic when I run out

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by katmacc

I'm a soap junkie! Like other reviewers have said, once you use a "high-end" soap it's really hard to go back to the drugstore brands. I love the shape and size of this soap - it just feels nice in the hand. The scents are very nice, too - refreshing and light, not perfume-y. However, I found this soap to be too drying to my skin. Too bad - I really liked everything else about this product, but will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by IcyMimosa

For someone with sensitive or dry skin, this is the BEST soap, ever!
This is the only soap my bf can use. I am a soap freak and loves experimenting with different kind of high end soaps, french soaps, handmade soaps. L'occitane soap is the only one that doesn't make my bf's back break out into complete disaster! personally I sometimes prefer shower cream since they are more moiturizing, but this soap is just as moiturizing if not more, and leathers very well too. I cannot rave enough about this soap ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 3:42:00 AM More reviews by teabox

GREAT SOAP. CLEANS SUPER WELL. Dense and highly concentrated, like their other soaps. Not one of those lotion soaps (Dove, Caress, etc) that melts in the shower stall and leaves icky slicky after feel. Lotion is for after shower not DURING shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

What a disappointment! This soap was very average - average scent, average lather, average feel. I don't get all the raves. Honestly, my Dove bar for sensitive skin beats this one in all of the above, so I'm just glad that I got it as a present to try out instead of buying it myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Misialicious

I bought the soap b/c of all the reviews here. I didn't really like them that much. The scent was nice and all that, but I found it to be drying for my skin. After I would get out of the shower my skin would feel all tight and I would need to immediately moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I grew up in France and I have memories of using L'Occitane Honeysuckle bar soap- so these are definitely a trip down memory lane for me!
Beyond the nostalgia factor, I find the soaps to be the most moisturizing on the market- not only do they not dry out my skin, but it actually feels moisturized. When I use these, I can skip the lotion, and my skin is not dry or tight.
My favorite scent is honeysuckle- and I am mostly partial to it.
I buy these in France when I go back- the prices are much better there, and they are more readily available.
I definitely recommend this soap for a little luxury in the shower!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mookiewookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first time using "fancy" soap and I don't think I can go back to using regular soap!I used to think it's silly to spend so much $$ on something that's literally going down the drain...but this soap left my skin soo much smoother than my usual Oil of Olay soap and it smelled really good too.The lather is really thick and creamy..just the way I like it!My bf really loves it too and he smells just like a baby after using the Milk soap.I can't wait to start on the Verbena one! I'll update later to let u girls know exactly how long it takes to finish up a bar.