Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This mascara holds a curl, is definately water proof and lengthens pretty well. However, it's tough to get off and i feel like it makes my lashes fall out more than normal. For a drugstore mascara it does it's job, but nothing spectacular.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My HG Lash Stylist was discontinued and this is the closest thing I've found to it. I put my old comb wand from the Lash Stylist kept and it forms a tight seal and perfect fit, and discard the wand it comes with. This mascara is thin but not as thin consistency as the Lash Stylist, but still thin enough to use with the comb. The thin non-clumpy consistency makes it easy to apply 1-2 thin coats and comb through with the Lash Stylist comb wand. I blot the mascara comb on paper before using each time to prevent applying too much product just like I used to do when I had Lash Stylist. It really is waterproof and doesn't flake or smudge all day. I remove with oil-free liquid eye makeup remover on a cotton pad.

For anyone who misses their Lash Stylist and has saved their comb wand or can find a replacement one online I recommend this mascara. You just clean your Lash Stylist wand with eye makeup remover and soap, place in a new tube of Define A Lash (and throw away the wand it comes with) then repeat this process when you need to replace your mascara. It's not perfectly the same but it's close as I've found so far and I've been trying many many mascaras since it was discontinued.

I was really dissapointed with this mascara, the reviews had seemed pretty good. I got this for about five bucks so it was a good price. This mascara is really heavy and therefore dosnt hold a curl so although it gives good length you can't see it. Since visibly long lashes are my priority this dosn't work for me. It's also very hard to get off and MAKES MY LASHED FALL OUT when I'm trying to get it off.The wand is also WAY too bendy. Not happy.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this mascara does exactly what it promises. defines, curls, separates and thickens. it does the job really nicely for me on a daily basis with my heavy, straight lashes. a lot of mascaras do absolutely nothing for my eyelashes because of how straight and heavy they are, that's why i really like this.
a few other things, are that it is really black, it really is waterproof, the plastic bendy brush and bristles really get into the roots of the lashes and it creates and holds a curl really nicely even when i've done a sloppy job of eyelash curling. this is really buildable too.
i also really love the bright green tube, as it helps me find it easier and is nice and cheerful :)
would continue using.

I swear by this product, I love it so much! I've had quite a few people tell me my lashes look so long when I'm wearing it which makes me so happy :)

So, I like this because it gets right into the roots of your lashes. And I like the super bendy wand (I know some people don't) but this helps get right to the roots more easily.

It's great for people who wear contacts or glasses because the mascara does not run into your eyes and it stays on really well. This makes it a bit harder to get off at night but it's not too bad. I'd rather have a mascara that lasts all day anyway.

Only problem for me is the price. It's now priced at 8 in the UK when I first got it for like a fiver. I have tried other maybelline mascaras for 5 and they are rubbish compared to this. So it's worth paying the couple of pounds extra. And it lasts me quite a while!

This is definitely my favourite mascara. I have gone to repurchase but superdrug are only selling the normal one at the moment and I really want the waterproof so I'll see how that goes.

I was recently on a mascara trying mad binge, once upon a time I had amazing long lashes and after Bearing child a lot of my lashes had fallen out and become brittle, and I had also changed my mascara a lot of times and couldn't remember which one I used to use. Currently using a maxfactor max mascara (which was ok, but just ok) I made the stupid mistake of talking to a clinque lady who talked me into a 'great mascara' that was 15!!! It wasn't great. I stumbled upon define - a- lash whilst in a cheap makeup shop and I was literally stood there thinking this seems familiar, the Bright green packaging and I remembered it was this I used to use. I had long given up hope of my lashes ever looking like they used to but WOW. I have rated this mascara well because it deserves it. I curled my lashes once and applied a few coats and each lash was long, well defined, with some volume. (there is a volume version of this for all those who want volume) I was amazed and so stupidly happy that I had my old lashes back!!!!! And all for 3.99!!! It's also avaliable on eBay just as cheap. I bought waterproof because I've been told it holds a curl better than regular, I haven't found this to be true but this mascara holds my curl all day, after tears and rubbing it didn't budge and the only con to this mascara is that its bloody hard to get off in waterproof so I will be buying the non waterproof! But I love it ! For all those that love a defined long lash (not super curly) I would recommend!!!

The perfect mascara that separates and lengthens my lashes! But after a swim all the volume is gone.. - DISAPPOINTED!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I went on vacation and forgot to bring my mascara, so had to buy some when I got there. They didn't have my normal brand CoverGirl LashBlast, and i was at the beach, so I needed something waterproof. So, I grabbed Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof mascara. When using, no doubt it was waterproof, but I like my mascara to seperate my lashes evenly, lash by lash, while this brand of mascara seperated my lashes into 3 big clumps holding together my lashes. I am back using my regular kind, and when I am in the water I wear the Define A Lash, but It's not as good as it should be considering the price.

Although it is water-proof, it smudges and create dark circles under my eyes. Disappointed!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The formula is pretty good-it's pigmented which I appreciate. However, the brush is a total fail. It was too flimsy and did not separate my lashes whatsoever because it would just bend. My lashes ended up clumpy and it did not lengthen or voluminize at all. I use the formula with another brush.

Popular Mascaras