St. Ives Olive Scrub - Elements

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Jojoba Esters, Paraffin, Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, Olive Fruit Oil, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, BHT, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5, Propylene Glycol, Red 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Sorbitol, Olive Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sunflower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Matricaria) Extract

on 2/12/2009 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I don't think this product is bad, but for my personal needs I would not purchase it again. It has a nice texture and consistency, it feels good to slather on your face. It's very moisturizing (which I really like in a scrub), however it doesn't have enough scrub in it. I feel like there's 4 or 5 little scrubby beads in it per use and that's just not enough! My face really doesn't have that freshly scrubbed feeling that you get from using pretty much any other scrub I have ever tried in my life. It is gentle, so if you are wary of using scrubs this may be the perfect one for you. I much prefer Clinique's 7-day scrub and LUSH's Angels on Bare Skin.

on 1/26/2009 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Very average, very forgetable. As another reviewer said, it probably won't ruin your skin, but it sure as heck won't do much FOR it, either. The 'scrub' part is rediculous, they are little balls that are soft and don't exfloiate at all. I don't love st. Ives, but I use a couple of thier products successfully, this one, though, had me scratchin' my head as go what the company was going for?? Won't buy again, and won't miss it when I'm done.

on 1/26/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very gentle but it cuased me to get cystic acne and in a major way.

on 1/15/2009 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to try this cause I wanted to find a scrub that also moisturized my flaky face. I was SORELY disappointed. It left my skin with that tight feeling that I hate and the scrubbies weren't scrubby enough, they were more like little jelly ball things...to use a technical term. Anywho, I haven't found a face scrub yet...so anyone want to help? I'm open to anything! well...maybe not anything

on 12/1/2008 12:46:00 AM

This product isn't going to ruin your life.

The product doesn't seem as exfoliating as the apricot scrub but it's really gentle. Maybe gentle enough to use everyday.

Cleanses quite well. Doesn't overdry my skin (but I use moisturizer because everyone should).

I don't find the smell bothersome, I kind of like it. And the texture doesn't seem bothersome to me either. It's thick but it's not like it's so thick that you can't rub in circles on your face.

I like this product, because the scrubs are gentle enough on my sensitive acne prone skin.

If you're looking for a product that exfoliates really well, this isn't the product you want.

on 10/21/2008 11:22:00 PM

I did not care for this product, which is more like a cleanser than a scrub. You'll get more exfoliation by using a washcloth. I did not care for the film it left on my face either.

on 10/19/2008 1:01:00 AM

I got this product at a Walgreen's, and it didn't do much for my skin. After using it for a little over 2 weeks, I gave up on it. My skin was still the same as before, no signs of any improvement... or any changes.. I haven't tried any other St. Ives products yet, but I hope the other ones do a better job than this one. I definitely wouldn't recommend buying this.

Got this for free from work - and I hate it. The grains are so large I can't imagine it exfoliating a pore the size of texas. It feels like I picked up some gravel from my drive way and started scrubbing - St Ives needs to stop making 'scrubs' with friggin' rocks in them. As a cleanser or whatever this stuff is supposed to be - my face feels really oily afterwards. Maybe someone with super dry skin would like this, but I feel dirty and as if there is residue still on my face from... something.

Not worth the money if you want something cleansing, or exfoliating.

If you have sensitive skin this should work out well for you. I can not use the normal heavy duty scrubbers out there because my skin reacts badly to anything abrasive. But like the other person said this doesnt have many scrubbers so it is alot gentler. I have sensitive skin with dry patches on my cheeks that I wanted to exfoliate away and this stuff worked for it and did not freak my skin out. It leaves your face super duper smooth. I love it. I only use it once a week and it has helped my skin smooth lovely.

I was in the middle of looking for a good new exfoliating product since I can't use my old standby the aspirin mask anymore. My mom suggested this (she's a St. Ives fan) and so I gave it a shot.

Awful, awful, awful! I don't know if it was because I'm on Tazorac or something but this stuff STUNG. I tried exfoliating with it but I just had to wash it off after about ten seconds or so. The part where I DID attempt to exfoliate still had flakes and stuff (the grains in it just didn't seem to do much) but on top of that my skin was an angry raw red. It did rinse off okay though so I didn't really experience any of that filmish thing other people seem to have gotten.

My mom seems to like it as a cleanser though, but she's got pretty tough skin so there you go. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking to use a gentle exfoliator for sensitive skin though, esp. if you're on a retinoid of some sort.