December 19, 2014 | 1528 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Olive Scrub - Elements

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very average, very forgetable. As another reviewer said, it probably won't ruin your skin, but it sure as heck won't do much FOR it, either. The 'scrub' part is rediculous, they are little balls that are soft and don't exfloiate at all. I don't love st. Ives, but I use a couple of thier products successfully, this one, though, had me scratchin' my head as go what the company was going for?? Won't buy again, and won't miss it when I'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by BellaLuella

Very gentle but it cuased me to get cystic acne and in a major way.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by LiamsMom27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try this cause I wanted to find a scrub that also moisturized my flaky face. I was SORELY disappointed. It left my skin with that tight feeling that I hate and the scrubbies weren't scrubby enough, they were more like little jelly ball things...to use a technical term. Anywho, I haven't found a face scrub yet...so anyone want to help? I'm open to anything! well...maybe not anything

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by thelovehandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product isn't going to ruin your life.

The product doesn't seem as exfoliating as the apricot scrub but it's really gentle. Maybe gentle enough to use everyday.

Cleanses quite well. Doesn't overdry my skin (but I use moisturizer because everyone should).

I don't find the smell bothersome, I kind of like it. And the texture doesn't seem bothersome to me either. It's thick but it's not like it's so thick that you can't rub in circles on your face.

I like this product, because the scrubs are gentle enough on my sensitive acne prone skin.

If you're looking for a product that exfoliates really well, this isn't the product you want.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I did not care for this product, which is more like a cleanser than a scrub. You'll get more exfoliation by using a washcloth. I did not care for the film it left on my face either.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ohyeachica

I got this product at a Walgreen's, and it didn't do much for my skin. After using it for a little over 2 weeks, I gave up on it. My skin was still the same as before, no signs of any improvement... or any changes.. I haven't tried any other St. Ives products yet, but I hope the other ones do a better job than this one. I definitely wouldn't recommend buying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

Got this for free from work - and I hate it. The grains are so large I can't imagine it exfoliating a pore the size of texas. It feels like I picked up some gravel from my drive way and started scrubbing - St Ives needs to stop making 'scrubs' with friggin' rocks in them. As a cleanser or whatever this stuff is supposed to be - my face feels really oily afterwards. Maybe someone with super dry skin would like this, but I feel dirty and as if there is residue still on my face from... something.

Not worth the money if you want something cleansing, or exfoliating.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by WickedHuntress1

If you have sensitive skin this should work out well for you. I can not use the normal heavy duty scrubbers out there because my skin reacts badly to anything abrasive. But like the other person said this doesnt have many scrubbers so it is alot gentler. I have sensitive skin with dry patches on my cheeks that I wanted to exfoliate away and this stuff worked for it and did not freak my skin out. It leaves your face super duper smooth. I love it. I only use it once a week and it has helped my skin smooth lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by blahblahblalskdjf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was in the middle of looking for a good new exfoliating product since I can't use my old standby the aspirin mask anymore. My mom suggested this (she's a St. Ives fan) and so I gave it a shot.

Awful, awful, awful! I don't know if it was because I'm on Tazorac or something but this stuff STUNG. I tried exfoliating with it but I just had to wash it off after about ten seconds or so. The part where I DID attempt to exfoliate still had flakes and stuff (the grains in it just didn't seem to do much) but on top of that my skin was an angry raw red. It did rinse off okay though so I didn't really experience any of that filmish thing other people seem to have gotten.

My mom seems to like it as a cleanser though, but she's got pretty tough skin so there you go. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking to use a gentle exfoliator for sensitive skin though, esp. if you're on a retinoid of some sort.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works well to exfoliate my oily skin with some dry spots on my chin and jawline. It does leave your skin a little slick, though.