August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by DommeDiva

From the moment I put this on, I knew I liked it. It moisturized my face and made it feel like butter! I also love the fragrance, I could see wearing this as a fragrance oil too. It smells herbally, like a new age store. I will be using this for a very very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking.... and looking.... and yes, looking - for a serum to add to my regime. I have VERY troubled skin.... desert dry, redness, sensitivity and a tendency towards eczema and psoriasis (thankfully... knock wood... not on my face) so I need to be careful with what I use. The winter weather... just kicks me in the face (and the scalp) EVERY YEAR. This year, I've been determined to head it off at the pass. Armed with a more sensitive approach (eucerine redness relief cleanser instead of my la rochay pose biomedic cleanser) and STRAIGHT UP SHEA BUTTER as a nighttime moisturizer..... I've added this serum (morning & night) and the difference is nothing short of spectacular.

I am no longer scaly on my forehead, and the itchiness... the insane itchiness... is not a problem. My skin looks and feels much better. I am thrilled with this purchase.

It is essential oils, but it's not oily on the skin, it sinks in. It has a very herbal scent, that dissipates quickly and I can follow with my moisturizer (weleda iris night cream - used as a daily moisturizer) and then my makeup and my makeup lasts, looks great & goes on really smoothly. I use three drops in the palm of my hand and spread it on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I have seen no irritation (that's a big deal) and there's been no sensitivity flare ups.. I think it's helped with the ruddiness of my complexion during this winter season.

Seriously... for $25 this is a bargain, that I'm thrilled I found, and hope others will give it a shot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will be keeping this beautiful product in my skin care routine; I can't imagine a day without it!

I tried it because I was noticing fine lines below my eyes and wanted to halt them in their tracks...My skin was also a dull & dry on my cheek areas.

After only a few days of using this, my skin was so smooth and hydrated, and it seems to somehow "plump" the skin so the fine lines look smoother. Overall, it gives a youthful appearance and glow to the skin, so five lippies for sure :-D

How does the product feel on my skin? Well, it is not really "serum;" it is more like a blend of oils -- but don't misundersand me, it is not heavy oil like you may be thinking. They are so so very light that they immediately sink in and absorb into the skin. it is rather moisturizing though, so I have to wait a while to apply my moisturizer.
I am very VERY prone to clogged pores and blackheads, and this does not cause any problem at all. It just perfectly absorbs into the skin without any pore-clogging at all! As a matter of fact, one day when I had a pimple &some clogged up pores on my forehead, I put this on it, and when I woke up it was completely healed and the redness faded too! this stuff has some serious healing properties, perhaps due to the rosehip oil?

Ahh, and last but not least, the smell, the heavenly scent! If this came as a perfume I would buy it & douse myself in it :). I love each night getting to apply this and deeply inhale - it's like aromatherapy - it's a special de-stressing treat I wait for each day :)

ALSO, I love to apply this under my concealer or foundation in the morning because it makes it glide on so smoothly, and gives a glowy appearance to the skin.

It only takes a few small drops a day, so this will last a long time, and I love it so much I will have no problem dishing out the $25 for my next bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This serum, with 11 essential oils and a little Vitamin E and beta carotene is really beneficial for my sensitive skin. It hydrates very well, evens out my skintone, calms my mild rosaecea, and smoothes the fine lines around my nose and mouth. I only use it at night,, and I don't "spot" treat with it. After cleansing, I leave my face damp and gently massage 3 drops into my face. I do use this on my eyelids, too (just gently pat the last little bit left on my fingers after doing my face). It absorbs within 5 minutes and the fragrance dissipates ( a good thing, too, because I'm not thrilled with the smell).

I wanted to see how effective this serum would be, so I don't use any other products with it. After 3 weeks, I don't think I will be needing to add an eye and night cream with it. I wake up with bright well rested looking eyes and velvety soft skin. Worth every cent of the $25 for these results. Also, using 3 drops daily, this little bottle will probably last me through the coming winter.

INGREDIENTS: Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Tritium Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinale (Borage) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Auranitium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beta Carotene, Vegetable Oil

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by icit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in conjunction with the night cream (which I use both night and day) see my review.

For right now I'm only using this around my eyes as I wanted to see how the night cream worked on its own. I have to be super careful not to get this in my eyes which isn't easy if you touch your face alot.

The serum doesn't have the strong scent that the cream does so it doesn't both me as much.

It is an oil so i put a small dot from the dropper under each eye.

I'm thinking of incorporating this with the cream as the winter months approach.

No clogging and I love it so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by peppamint

There seems to be TWO types of serums on the market today: serums that are like lotions and can be pumped out, and serums like this Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum, which are more like an oil and need to be applied with a dropper.

I like serums that can be pumped out, because serums that are like oil make me feel like I'm putting oil on my face and tend not to absorb well. Plus, I really don't like using the dropper.

The only reason I gave this a 3 was because I bought this item not knowing that it would be an oil-type serum. Once I opened it, I decided to try it anyways.

It's not a BAD product, but it isn't AMAZING either. I would have been willing to buy it again (even though it IS an oil-serum) if it had done anything for my skin. My skin looked the same as usual--not worse, but not better, maybe slightly more moisturized (but that effect could be achieved with any other moisturizer).

Though Burt's is classified as a "drugstore" brand, they seem to be trying to become more upscale. The picture of the bottle you see is very misleading: in real life the bottle is much, much smaller. For $25, Burt's is edging into "high-end drugstore"/"low-end department store" territory.

If you like oil-type serums, this could be a good buy for you; it is a bit pricey but could be worth a shot. As for me, I'll stick to my lotion/pump-type serums.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I typically love everyything Burt's Bees, but I hate to say that I wasn't very impressed with this product. Didn't seem to do much for my skin, wrinkles, etc. It made a nice moisturizer, bu for the price - I can get a better moisturizer elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't say I'm impressed with this product, especially trying it after I had used REN's Omega night serum...that oil was nice and light and lasted forEVER (50ml lasted me 5 full months), while I have just been using this product for about 2-3 weeks and it's about 1/3 gone (13ml bottle). For the size of the bottle vs the price ($30 for BB), REN's is comparable; actually it's cheaper - over three times the product for less than three times the price ($78 for REN).

Anyway, besides that point, I found that this product makes my skin look glowing but it doesn't improve the texture of my skin at all, I actually find it makes it worse. I haven't noticed any improvement in fine lines either.

One thing I will try however, is mixing it with a light moisturizer as some other reviewers mentioned, I think I might like the product much better that way, and it will last longer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by infernoagogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product from a great company! A little goes a long way and it lasts forever. I put two drops of this into my daily moisturizer, mix it, and rub it in, concentrating on the areas around my eyes and mouth. Skin is noticeably smoother and more hydrated and it feels great. Smells delicious! Occasionally use it directly on a problem area as well, also with great results. It's pricey for a drug store item ($25), but I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin (acne rosacea). I had a break-out reaction when using this product. Also, I used it underneath the eyes, as suggested, and it didn't do much. I definitely will not buy again.