October 1, 2014 | 1159 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:03:00 AM More reviews by loz07

This concealer is by far the best I have ever used. I love the two consistencies, the lighter one is great for under eyes and the heavier one perfect for blemishes. You have to apply it well - I find fingers can leave the coverage too sheer. My Bobbi Brown concealer brush applies a perfect camouflage, especially for blemishes and setting it with powder ensures the staying power. The colour range is extensive and I was matched to a shade perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pretty dissapointed with this. Though the color options are fantastic and I like the fact that you get two shades, it just dosen't do a great job at covering. I prefer KA SSE for super coverage by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by christine1ca

have tried & tried, but can't beat this! it matches to start. it also just provides good coverage w/o caking & has a nice consistency.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

Hideously expensive (got this for 30!) but if you are hard to match colour-wise, this is good stuff. Comes with 2 sides: one is thicker than the other, but both are the same shades. The thicker side is good for blemishes and covers as well as any theatrical makeup brand would. The undereye side is not particularly liquidy or illuminating, so be careful when you use this on the undereyes. I prefer it for medium spot coverage.

I am an NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid, C3 in MAC Face and Body, NC25 in other MAC foundation shades, BB Sand, EM Golden Fawn, Alima Golden 1/Warm 1, RMK 102, Asian with light olive/golden skin. Cashew is a spot on, 100% perfect match. The colour literally melts into my skin and I can't even tell where I've applied it!

Use a brush. There's not much product in that little shallow compact, and using fingers means you have to work the product to heat it up and then you end up using a bit too much.

The compact is Becca's usual rubberised spaceship device. It comes with a mirror which is handy.

I'm unlikely to purchase again due to the price, and will stick with MAC Studio Finish, MUFE Full Cover, or Ben Nye concealer wheels.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by beebaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Are they discontinuing this? I saw some on sale at Sephora and from my previous experience with cosmetics I learned that sales=discontinuation. Maybe they are just going to halt Becca sales at Sephora?

I've been using this concealer on and off for over a year now. The compact is tiny, but there is mucho product. It covers blemishes/scars fairly well. The texture is great when I have no make-up on, however I find it to be cakey when I apply it over my TM. The undereye concealer is too dry and I didn't think it covered very well, maybe because I didn't get a good color match? I was a bit overwhelmed with the color selection because there was so many choices. In all, I think this was a decent product, its definitely not the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am NC25ish and I'm using Latte in this concealer. I do love the coverage, it looks very nice and natural and this seems to be a really good match on my skin. I use the medium coverage under my eyes and the full coverage on blemishes or red spots as suggested. I had a real problem with my mascara with this concealer though. I never have a problem with a mascara smudging but when i wear this (and i have tried it with several mascaras) i get some pretty horrendous raccoon eyes, even with powder over this. I got this on ebay for less than half price so I can't complain about the price, but I will only be using this for blemishes which it works well for, and for the very darkest part of my dark circles over my Maybelline Age Rewind tube concealer which I have never had any issues with except not perfect coverage for me. The packaging is cute with a metal rivet-looking top and rubberized coating similar to Nars stuff, only brown. I like that there are two types of concealer in the compact as well. I probably won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

It covers any flaws in my skin, brightens any darkness under my eyes, and does everything its supposed to. It's a bit expensive, but well worth the cost. I can't imagine going a day without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by vintage_fashionista89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer with the LSC about 2 months ago and I don't like it. I find that it creases under my eyes, emphasising fine lines. It doesn't work well as a blemish concealer either, as it tends to cake and look patchy. It sometimes looks ok with LM OF foundation but looks horrible with the LSC! The packaging is a convenient size but the lid is very hard to open and it shows marks easily (just like Nars!) I expect more for the price I paid and I won't be repurchasing.
EDIT: I think I was a bit hard on this product. I still won't use it under my eyes, but it's pretty good for blemishes. I think I was using it too thickly but you get a much nicer effect using a concealer brush. I probably won't repurchase because I prefer my Laura Mercier Undercover but it is not as bad as I first made out! I'll add a lippie :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty high-rated concealer so when I saw it on sale at Nordstrom Rack I had to give it a try. And it's a no-go for me. It sounds so good in theory-- a gazillion shades to choose from, a convenient compact, and 2 sides-- regular coverage and extra coverage. Sounded pretty nifty, right?

Well, when I apply it, it's very difficult to blend. There's just nothing so icky about a makeup look than concealer that isn't properly blended. They recommend the regular coverage side for undereyes. This caked up and made my undereye area look really awful. I do not have dark circles but I like to use a little concealer there just to brighten the area a bit and keep everything even. Well now it looks like I have circles or something because the concealer is so cakey there.

On blemishes, it seemed to cover really well although it was a battle to blend it yet again. Except when I tried to set it with powder, it all got rubbed off even though I barely touched it with the powder brush. So much for long-lasting coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry Mr. Clean, but THIS is actually the magic eraser!
This covers like an absolute dream!! After my moisurizer in the morning I swipe the full coverage side with my finger, press and blend over my blemishes, and repeat under/around my eyes with the medium (lighter shade also) coverage side. Holy crap! Nothing I have used has been so effective at simply erasing flaws. I dust on my HG Susan Posnick MM and my face is flawless all day. I am a PPP with lots of pink in my skin and i have 'biscuit' which is too perfect.
I am a makeup artist and the reason i tried this is because I'm putting a Becca makeup bar into a new salon this month. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No