Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set

4.7

I got this brush set when I first started doing my makeup, after using it for about 2 years I think I have all my feelings about this brush set sorted. Here's the break-down:

Eyebrow/Eyelash grooming brush- I really like to de-clump my lashes and this brush did wonders, I also enjoyed the eyebrow brush to get the perfect shape.

Angled eyeliner brush- One of the worst brushes I have ever used for eyeliner. As much as I tried to love it I couldn't and would resort back to using my MAC eyeliner brush. BUT I did find it useful as a lip brush and frequently use it for applying lipstick.

Eye shading brush- Standard, not particularly special eye shadow brush.

Concealer Brush- I don't actually use concealer. Because both this and the eye shadow brush were virtually the same I just used it as a second eye shadow brush. Once again not anything special.

Blush Brush- I also don't use a lot of blush... if any. So I used this to put on translucent powder.

Case- Since mine is an older version I think my case is different than the current one. Mine is a roll up that is a giant pain in the behind to travel with, leaving my brushes EVERYWHERE. Not to mention there is no "Room for both brushes & makeup essentials" as they state on their website. FRUSTRATING.

I'd also like to point out the lack of crease and foundation brushes in this kit is slightly frustrating. Although they do sell foundation brushes separately they claim their "shading" brushes should be able to put on a "shadow base" and " can be used for shading, highlighting, and blending". Technically all brushes CAN be used for all of those things, but should they be? Short answer, no. I find this brush isn't good for blending and can make highlighting and shading harder (and harsher). But perhaps I am just being a brush snob.

Overall these are an extremely inexpensive and flexible set of brushes that can take a lot of travelling (despite the case). They will work for almost anything you need and are great brushes for beginners and people who don't want to spend a lot of money. Unfortunately for me I have outgrown these brushes and now have a wonderful assortment of other brushes :)

OMG THIS BRUSH SET IS AMAZING! As a beginner in makeup, i wanted a nice quality brush set that wasn't too expensive. My close friend who started to get interested in makeup a little while before me recommended this brand. I went out to look for it on boxing day. It wasn't on sale but who cares, it was super cheap! The brushes are very good quality, they don't shed and are very luxurious. You can buy these anywhere practically: shoppers, london drugs, walmart, even pricesmart! I use the sephora anti bacterial brush cleaner btw.

Blush brush: I actually use this for powder because I tend not to wear blush. The brush included with the set looks more like the powder brush on the website because it is denser and does not taper in. It is a great brush for pressed powder (I don't use loose but I might try and then update this review).

Concealer brush: My concealer is bad to begin with so this brush doesn't really make a difference. However, it is so similar to the eye shading brush so I use it as another eye shading brush (again, I will update!).

Eye shading brush: This brush is good but not super great. It doesn't pick up a lot of color but it works for loose eye shadow powders.

Angled eyeliner brush: I use this with my physician's formula gel/cream eyeliner and it is FABULOUS! Very easy to control and not too sharp (aka it doesn't hurt if you accidentally stab yourself). I've heard that it works for filling in brows but I mostly use a brow pencil so I wouldn't know.

Lash comber/brow groomer: It works as an average lash comber, gets rid of clumps nicely and depending on the mascara, makes your eyelashes curl a teeny bit more. The brow groomer is average as well but it is easy to clean so that's a plus.

Overall, this is a great brush set for anyone from beginner to pro and I highly recommend it! :)

on 7/10/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

love these brushes! good value and super soft! (:

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

definitely a good investment, with make up tools you-get-what-you-pay-for, and these are the best i've ever used, especially the powder brush! i've them a while and they're still like new, they don't irritate the skin and good at blending the make up.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love it and soo.oo cheap, I wished they had black handles though

on 4/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Nice brushes, good price. However they started shedding after a few months even though I clean them properly, and the metal started coming loose.

on 4/18/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love these!!! My favorite brushes out of the 6 has to be the eyebrow groomer and concealer brush. All of the brushs' bristles are incredibly soft. But I have to point out that I was a little bit disappointed with the eyeshadow brush, because I saw that the brush applied the eyeshadow very loosely, making the result a bit messy. Overall, I think this is a very good set, which I got for $17 at Ulta.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just picked them up from winners the other day because they were so cheap and needed new brushes. I was really impressed by it!! It is unbelievable soft, way softer than my mac brushes. I find that it doesn't shed at all and is super soft on my face. It makes applying my makeup funner. Would reccomend this to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really like that this comes with it's own pouch! It's great for keeping other tools you use. I use the blush brush the most for my bronzer, and it's NEVER shed on me after many washes. I'm not much of an eye shadow wearer, but the eye shading brush does work well for it. It's also good for concealing. The concealer brush gives nice coverage too, but you can never have too many concealer brushes imo :) All the brushes work very well. What I like the most is that they haven't shed on me after many washes, and I bought them for a good price :)

on 4/10/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I own two sets of these for three years. Every brush in this set is excellent quality, never sheds or looses shape even after rigorous washing. Soft on the skin but firmly packed. Eye shadow brush is best for creams and packing on product over primer. Shades prone to fallout will be slightly harder to work with on the eye shadow brushes.

Top Rated Ecotools Products