Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 9/22/2010 6:17:00 PM

I have combination skin that tends to be dry, especially in the winter. I looked for a product that was gentle, to prevent overdrying, and found Dr. Hauschka. While it is gentle and doesn't overdry your skin, it doesn't fully remove make up. I don't wear foundation daily only blush and bronzer, and this product couldn't remove those. I had to follow up with a toner. Another drawback is the hefty price tag. I found Philosophy's "Purity Made Simply" to be just as gentle, but much better at make up removal, and significantly less expensive. Dr. Haushka's Cleansing Milk does have a nice smell, and for me, it lasted about 6 months w. once daily usage. Bottom line: I liked it, it's gentle, and doesn't overdry. However, it isn't good for make up removal and there are equal to better products that are cheaper.

on 9/10/2010 8:31:00 AM

This cleansing milk is easy to use, cleanses well and leaves your skin feeling lovely. I even use it on my eyes, but on moistened cotton wool. It diminishes the look of your pores and leaves skin looking bright and more radiant than the cleansing cream.
My only two gripes are that it is not an inexpensive cleanser but, having said that, there are lots of other cleansers of this calibre of company that are more expensive.
Secondly, there does tend to be some wasteage when you get towards the bottom of the bottle. It becomes quite fiddly to try and get every last bit out!!
That aside, I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin since using this product and my skin looks younger! Who can complain at that??!!!

on 8/29/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I liked this cleansing milk much more than the cleansing cream because at least it felt like it removed my mineral make-up. Reminds me of Christian Dior's Equite eye make-up remover milk (loved it, but I think it's been long discontinued), actually. Still, I'm not a total convert, given how expensive this cleanser is. I've started using sunflower oil to remove my make-up, followed by a warm wash cloth, and it's given me the same results.

on 8/26/2010 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really do love this cleanser, however there are some huge drawbacks. I love the fact that it's all natural and it's so gentle it's one of the only cleansers i've used that doesn't leave my skin kind of red after using. I used this in conjunction with the Dr.Hauschka day cream as my skin was going through a bad patch and i wanted something really gentle and healing. It really has healed my skin and somehow magically seems to have improved the colour and tone of my fair skin. The smell is wonderfully therapeutic initially but after a while of using every night i got kind of sick of it as it's quite strong. The packaging isn't very convenient especially for travel as it's quite heavy glass. The worst thing is the price, i seem to have gone through it really fast and it's simply too expensive to keep repurchasing at that rate. The moisturiser i find alot better value for money as it lasts way longer. Shame i love the product over all but i guess i'll just have to find another all natural cleanser. I find regular drug store cleansers very harsh on my skin :0(

on 8/1/2010 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I didn't find this cleanser moisturising enough for my skin. My skin became quite dry in places, cheels mainly, so no good for my rosacea skin. It smelt lovely though, but it was expensive and I got through it very quickly, so not so affordable longterm. Maybe I was lucky it didn't suit my skin!

on 7/18/2010 2:27:00 PM

I really like this cleanser; I use it frequently (alternating w/generic Cetaphil). What I believe is most important in choosing a facial cleanser is gentleness. It's been my experience that, the harsher the cleanser, the more irritating and damaging it is to my face. It makes me cringe to see people rubbing and scrubbing their faces! The skin on the face is delicate and specialized and requires proper (gentle!!) care. What I love about Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk is the thoroughness of cleansing and makeup removal I get, in addition to it being soothing and – you guessed it! – GENTLE. This never causes a reaction, never strips my skin, never leaves any residue behind. It is just a simple product that works well. It is on the expensive side, but I don't mind spending money on products that do what they promise (because often what happens is you end up spending more in the long run, purchasing product after product that either doesn't work effectively or wreaks havoc on your face). The packaging is glass, yes, and there's a pump. Personally, I don't take this bottle w/me when I travel (I use travel containers that I transfer a small amt of product in) so I actually like the 'heaviness' of this. It somehow adds to the luxuriousness of it sitting atop my vanity. It looks noticeably 'fancier' than a typical drugstore cleanser (although I have no prob w/those and in fact love certain bargain items). One last point: I think some people get confused about facial cleansers, thinking that 'foaming' products that produce loads of lather somehow equal better or more thorough cleansing – that couldn't be any more inaccurate. Creamy cleansers, or non-soapy ones that don't lather, simply lack the (often harsh, chemical) ingredients that make those other cleansers behave that way. So please just try and keep that in mind; suds do not mean better cleansing! continued >>

This cleanser is wonderful!
I'm not surprised to see some bad ratings for DrH, when people don't understand how truly natural products work. If you are using chemical make up, you need a chemical make up remover.
This product removes natural make up PERFECTLY, and my acne is completely gone.
Dr Hauschka stands by their products, (no risk if you by direct from the website!)
Oh yeah, and IT SMELLS GREAT!

on 6/28/2010 2:03:00 PM

This product is terrible, not very convenient if you travel as the container is made of glass. It smells horrible, it does not sting my eyes but it is not effective to remove eye make up. Not particularly impressed, would not repurchase.

on 6/18/2010 5:36:00 AM

the alcohol in dr hauschka products are vegetable derived and steam distilled, they are non-drying and neccesary in order to derived the extracts from the plants, just so ya know :)

on 6/9/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just ran out of my second one, I do have mixed feelings though. I really love the fact that it is an all natural cleanser what we are used to product from dr hauschka compared to other brands their make up remover is very chemical which isn't in the case of Dr hauschka ofcourse. It doesn't irritate, sting or itch at all like other products tend to do and it doesn't make my eyes red or the skin around it. I really hate other make up removers because of the fact they burn my eyes I hate using it. This is why I do love this product, it removes quite a lot, but mascara is a bit harder to remover I need several coats and don't get everything off, what I also don't like is the greasy texture. My eyes feel very oily then. What I also don't like is the bottle it is hard to get all the product out of the bottle. But overall I think it is a good product I don't dare to use any make up remover with chemicals so this is a good option it is quite expensive but it is good.