July 28, 2014 | 1271 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is terrible, not very convenient if you travel as the container is made of glass. It smells horrible, it does not sting my eyes but it is not effective to remove eye make up. Not particularly impressed, would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by roadsidesnow

the alcohol in dr hauschka products are vegetable derived and steam distilled, they are non-drying and neccesary in order to derived the extracts from the plants, just so ya know :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by chu_chu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of my second one, I do have mixed feelings though. I really love the fact that it is an all natural cleanser what we are used to product from dr hauschka compared to other brands their make up remover is very chemical which isn't in the case of Dr hauschka ofcourse. It doesn't irritate, sting or itch at all like other products tend to do and it doesn't make my eyes red or the skin around it. I really hate other make up removers because of the fact they burn my eyes I hate using it. This is why I do love this product, it removes quite a lot, but mascara is a bit harder to remover I need several coats and don't get everything off, what I also don't like is the greasy texture. My eyes feel very oily then. What I also don't like is the bottle it is hard to get all the product out of the bottle. But overall I think it is a good product I don't dare to use any make up remover with chemicals so this is a good option it is quite expensive but it is good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is truly a soothing cleanser. I prefer cleansing milks over any other type of cleansing product and I have tried dozens, but this is by far the best of the bunch. I am on a complete Hauschka regime and I use this in the evening to remove the little makeup I use and cleanse the skin it does the job perfectly. I am prone to allergies, and this does not irritate my skin at all, even if I get it in the eye, I can just gently rub it out and my eyes don't even tingle. So reassuring!

I know Hauschka receives a lot of mixed reviews, but I am so happy I decided to try it. As some of you know, according to the Hauschka dermatologists this is supposed to be the second last step of your night regime before the toner (ie. you are not supposed to use any moisturiser at night) and I really feel it is adequate even for my dry skin. I now wake up with glowing skin even though I used no night cream. Amazing!

The only con is the glass bottle. The pump has a closing function, but Im not sure it is reliable enough to take the bottle with me travelling. But they sell small travel versions of this one at a low price. The travel minis are quite cheap, about 2-3 bucks for a 10 ml bottle that is an excact duplicate of the standard container, and they can be refilled, so I plan to get on of those.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dolphinhl

i love how rich (yet not oily) this cleansing milk feels on my skin! Removes every bit of makeup (even the waterproof eyeliner & mascara) !!

On days when my skin feels a little dry, using this cleansing milk simply replenishes the moisture! I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am almost at the bottom of this product.Well I have dry skin,so it was comfortable to use during the winter,it lasted me 4-5 month only for night time cleaning.But I wouldnt buy again for 2 reasons,first I think it doesnt clean well,I dont know if only me have such feeling,and the other reason is pump it is striking and I have problem to get product out of bottle,it is annoying.
Also I dont like heave glass bottle. I much more like Ahava cleaner milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Kcole1514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizing cleanser!
It does contain Limonene, however it is not a carcinogen, (as mention in a prior review), actually quite the opposite.
Limonene Properties:

Studies have shown that limonene have anti- cancer effects. Limonen increase the levels of liver enzymes involved in detoxifying carcinogens. The Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a system which eliminates carcinogens. Limonene seems to promote the GST system in the liver and small bowel, thereby decreasing the damaging effects of carcinogens. Animal studies demonstrated that dietary limonene reduced mammary tumor growth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by natalia34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my view this cleansing milk is the best that I personally tried. It leaves my skin very moisturized and baby-soft. I even leave it sometimes (when I feel like that) overnight instead of the cream and the effect is gorgeous!

I actually did it accidentially the first time - one evening was so tired that, after washing and cleansing my face, just had strength ehough to reach the bed and fall asleep. :) And, to my surprise, the nest morning I woke up with a very fresh glowy complexion!

Also must say that, in spite of the fact that I am very allergic since childhood, almost all Dr. Hauschka's products match my skin perfectly. The only problem is... a bit pricy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by flojob

I used this cleanser for several months, but in the end it was a little too rich for my skin and I started to get pretty oily. It doesn't work at all as a make-up remover. It is very gentle and not at all stripping, but not the right product for me. I will probably give it a try again down the road if my skin begins to dry out as I age.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Glee2544

Yes, it takes a while to get used to this and to see results, but I love how it has calmed and soothed my skin. Really feels like it's feeding my skin and also removing mineral makeup/dirt off my face. I've used it morning and night for over a month now and I'm still happy. Sometimes at night I also use the cleansing cream on my oily Tzone and that has helped too. Gentle but effective. And I still have over 3/4's of the bottle, so it will last a long time! (normally just use 1 squirt for my entire face). My sensitive skin does a little dance at night after using this!

Edited to say when the weather warmed up this cleanser was not powerful enough to keep my pores clean. My rosacea flared up and I ended up switching to a different product because this just wasn't doing the job well.