October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I really like this cleanser; I use it frequently (alternating w/generic Cetaphil). What I believe is most important in choosing a facial cleanser is gentleness. It's been my experience that, the harsher the cleanser, the more irritating and damaging it is to my face. It makes me cringe to see people rubbing and scrubbing their faces! The skin on the face is delicate and specialized and requires proper (gentle!!) care. What I love about Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk is the thoroughness of cleansing and makeup removal I get, in addition to it being soothing and – you guessed it! – GENTLE. This never causes a reaction, never strips my skin, never leaves any residue behind. It is just a simple product that works well. It is on the expensive side, but I don't mind spending money on products that do what they promise (because often what happens is you end up spending more in the long run, purchasing product after product that either doesn't work effectively or wreaks havoc on your face). The packaging is glass, yes, and there's a pump. Personally, I don't take this bottle w/me when I travel (I use travel containers that I transfer a small amt of product in) so I actually like the 'heaviness' of this. It somehow adds to the luxuriousness of it sitting atop my vanity. It looks noticeably 'fancier' than a typical drugstore cleanser (although I have no prob w/those and in fact love certain bargain items). One last point: I think some people get confused about facial cleansers, thinking that 'foaming' products that produce loads of lather somehow equal better or more thorough cleansing – that couldn't be any more inaccurate. Creamy cleansers, or non-soapy ones that don't lather, simply lack the (often harsh, chemical) ingredients that make those other cleansers behave that way. So please just try and keep that in mind; suds do not mean better cleansing! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mollymagdelene

This cleanser is wonderful!
I'm not surprised to see some bad ratings for DrH, when people don't understand how truly natural products work. If you are using chemical make up, you need a chemical make up remover.
This product removes natural make up PERFECTLY, and my acne is completely gone.
Dr Hauschka stands by their products, (no risk if you by direct from the website!)
Oh yeah, and IT SMELLS GREAT!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is terrible, not very convenient if you travel as the container is made of glass. It smells horrible, it does not sting my eyes but it is not effective to remove eye make up. Not particularly impressed, would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by roadsidesnow

the alcohol in dr hauschka products are vegetable derived and steam distilled, they are non-drying and neccesary in order to derived the extracts from the plants, just so ya know :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by chu_chu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of my second one, I do have mixed feelings though. I really love the fact that it is an all natural cleanser what we are used to product from dr hauschka compared to other brands their make up remover is very chemical which isn't in the case of Dr hauschka ofcourse. It doesn't irritate, sting or itch at all like other products tend to do and it doesn't make my eyes red or the skin around it. I really hate other make up removers because of the fact they burn my eyes I hate using it. This is why I do love this product, it removes quite a lot, but mascara is a bit harder to remover I need several coats and don't get everything off, what I also don't like is the greasy texture. My eyes feel very oily then. What I also don't like is the bottle it is hard to get all the product out of the bottle. But overall I think it is a good product I don't dare to use any make up remover with chemicals so this is a good option it is quite expensive but it is good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is truly a soothing cleanser. I prefer cleansing milks over any other type of cleansing product and I have tried dozens, but this is by far the best of the bunch. I am on a complete Hauschka regime and I use this in the evening to remove the little makeup I use and cleanse the skin – it does the job perfectly. I am prone to allergies, and this does not irritate my skin at all, even if I get it in the eye, I can just gently rub it out and my eyes don't even tingle. So reassuring!

I know Hauschka receives a lot of mixed reviews, but I am so happy I decided to try it. As some of you know, according to the Hauschka dermatologists this is supposed to be the second last step of your night regime before the toner (ie. you are not supposed to use any moisturiser at night) and I really feel it is adequate even for my dry skin. I now wake up with glowing skin even though I used no night cream. Amazing!

The only con is the glass bottle. The pump has a closing function, but Im not sure it is reliable enough to take the bottle with me travelling. But they sell small travel versions of this one at a low price. The travel minis are quite cheap, about 2-3 bucks for a 10 ml bottle that is an excact duplicate of the standard container, and they can be refilled, so I plan to get on of those.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dolphinhl

i love how rich (yet not oily) this cleansing milk feels on my skin! Removes every bit of makeup (even the waterproof eyeliner & mascara) !!

On days when my skin feels a little dry, using this cleansing milk simply replenishes the moisture! I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am almost at the bottom of this product.Well I have dry skin,so it was comfortable to use during the winter,it lasted me 4-5 month only for night time cleaning.But I wouldnt buy again for 2 reasons,first I think it doesnt clean well,I dont know if only me have such feeling,and the other reason is pump it is striking and I have problem to get product out of bottle,it is annoying.
Also I dont like heave glass bottle. I much more like Ahava cleaner milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Kcole1514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizing cleanser!
It does contain Limonene, however it is not a carcinogen, (as mention in a prior review), actually quite the opposite.
Limonene Properties:

Studies have shown that limonene have anti- cancer effects. Limonen increase the levels of liver enzymes involved in detoxifying carcinogens. The Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a system which eliminates carcinogens. Limonene seems to promote the GST system in the liver and small bowel, thereby decreasing the damaging effects of carcinogens. Animal studies demonstrated that dietary limonene reduced mammary tumor growth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by natalia34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my view this cleansing milk is the best that I personally tried. It leaves my skin very moisturized and baby-soft. I even leave it sometimes (when I feel like that) overnight instead of the cream and the effect is gorgeous!

I actually did it accidentially the first time - one evening was so tired that, after washing and cleansing my face, just had strength ehough to reach the bed and fall asleep. :) And, to my surprise, the nest morning I woke up with a very fresh glowy complexion!

Also must say that, in spite of the fact that I am very allergic since childhood, almost all Dr. Hauschka's products match my skin perfectly. The only problem is... a bit pricy.