April 20, 2014 | 1185 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by natalia34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my view this cleansing milk is the best that I personally tried. It leaves my skin very moisturized and baby-soft. I even leave it sometimes (when I feel like that) overnight instead of the cream and the effect is gorgeous!

I actually did it accidentially the first time - one evening was so tired that, after washing and cleansing my face, just had strength ehough to reach the bed and fall asleep. :) And, to my surprise, the nest morning I woke up with a very fresh glowy complexion!

Also must say that, in spite of the fact that I am very allergic since childhood, almost all Dr. Hauschka's products match my skin perfectly. The only problem is... a bit pricy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by flojob

I used this cleanser for several months, but in the end it was a little too rich for my skin and I started to get pretty oily. It doesn't work at all as a make-up remover. It is very gentle and not at all stripping, but not the right product for me. I will probably give it a try again down the road if my skin begins to dry out as I age.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Glee2544

Yes, it takes a while to get used to this and to see results, but I love how it has calmed and soothed my skin. Really feels like it's feeding my skin and also removing mineral makeup/dirt off my face. I've used it morning and night for over a month now and I'm still happy. Sometimes at night I also use the cleansing cream on my oily Tzone and that has helped too. Gentle but effective. And I still have over 3/4's of the bottle, so it will last a long time! (normally just use 1 squirt for my entire face). My sensitive skin does a little dance at night after using this!

Edited to say when the weather warmed up this cleanser was not powerful enough to keep my pores clean. My rosacea flared up and I ended up switching to a different product because this just wasn't doing the job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of scrubbing my face up with cleansers. Don't preach either, because I'm getting old & people are guessing that I'm 10 years younger than I really am... SO...
Momma always said, "Never use soap on that face, or you'll wrinkle!" So I didn't & I don't... Mostly I keep it sparse... Warm water followed by rose water, or sometimes a rose water & witch hazel duet. I use an occasional mask & exfoliate, too. But sometimes I just need to slather my face with a product to feel happier & satisfied & this product is it for me. Helps remove traces of my makeup without turning me into an old hag.

Not much of a smell, not much of a pleasure, but seems to work great with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess whether it can remove makeup or not depends on what kind of makeups you use, this cleansing milk definitely does not clean non-natural based makeup. It works well on DH's cosmetic products. I normally do not use makeup and it works well for me, usually use it in fall/ winter, because it leaves the skin with a slight oily coat after rinsing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It has taken me some time to get used to this cleanser. The smell, texture and price were initially not its most positive factors but over the last 6 months I have grown to love the clean healthy feeling of my skin, the lack of breakouts and the calming effect on my rosacea. This cleanser does not dry out my skin or leave an oily residue on my (already oily) t zone. It has become my hg cleanser and along wih Dr H's Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive has become my foolproof night time routine. Couldn't recommend this cleanser highly enough but as I found it does not work overnight, stick with it for at least a month to let your skin get used to and respond to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by martagreen

I thought I would love this product, but I was disappointed. It's supposed to be good for dry skin, but it dried my skin out even more. It smells like bug spray. And, it didn't do a very good job of removing makeup, even though it claims to. The ingredients are wonderful, but it does contain limonene as a naturally occurring compound in the fragrance, which I've read is a possible carcinogen. Also, I found it a bit pricey (I paid about CAN$40) for a cleanser, even a natural one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this with a Clarisonic -- no press and roll for me -- and it works great. My skin has gotten sensitive since I started on Juice Beauty Apple Serum, so I have to move on due to the alcohol content in this. I still like to use it with the clay mask though and will go back to it if I ever stop using AHAs. Unfortunately, due to my combo/acne skin, I have got to use those.
FYI - to enjoy this product, you must use a moist washcloth to rinse off completely. For Haushka, I had a great experience ordering from Dusson and Beautorium which often have great sales. Regularly, this retails for 36 USD..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by wisienka76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product, so gentle, does not irritate my sensitive eyes, will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the HG of all cleansers, I think its one constant in my bathroom. Although expensive the next best thing is Weleda. The cleansing milk, does a thorough job, I dont use make-up so I normally alternate this between the cleansing cream. Gentle and refreshing for my sensitive skin. Go get some! EDIT: unfortunately this is not a cost effective product for me any more, as much as I like this! Dr Hauschka is a high end range and although does wonders for my skin I simply can't maintain a routine.