Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 6/22/2014 2:36:00 AM

HG item. I love this!! I replace it every 6 months..but be sure it says Salux on the cover. Don't get the knock as it is not the same. The original is about $3 and the knock off is $1. Don't be cheap find the real thing!

This product has gotten rid of these redish bumps i used to have on my upper arms and even my hip thigh area. I used it all over and what a miracle product. You can't say that too often.

I would totally replace it becaus I stock up when I go to the Asian supermarket and stock up!!

on 6/20/2014 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I will never bring sugar or sneak my mums coffee grounds into the shower again!

This works better and is infinitely less messy than scrubs I like to make.

Plus - $5 for it that will last about half a year and make my body wash last a lot longer.
It feels so scrubby and nice, and the length makes it so easy to scrub your back with! It makes my sulfate-free BW nice and foamy.
Ugh, I love this little cloth, I can't be without it now!!!!
Also - as another reviewer so helpfully mentioned, beware of any knockoffs if you're buying online from eBay or such, I guess one way to tell if it's authentic is the packaging and the cloth itself has a tag with the salux label and the fibers it's made from; also saying MADE IN JAPAN.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've used this and several other brands of nylon bath cloths- they all work great! I love to use them with Glytone Retexturize Body Wash, which has glycolic acid... After one wash my skin is smooth and glowing! (Like, J.Lo glowing!) Highly recommend both!

on 5/30/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is definitely a must-have in anyone's shower/bath.

When I moved to the US, I could not find any Salux brand bath towel and forgot to pack mine, so tried some various drugstore brand knock-offs, but none were as good as the Salux cloth. They all fell apart, felt too thin, were poor quality, too small or were barely "scrubby". Also tried Innisfree's bath towel but it was softer, less coarse and therefore - just not what I really wanted.

Driving around one day, I finally noticed a Japanese beauty shop about 30 minutes from my house that stocks them, and bought several. If you can find them where you live, they are affordable (less than $4-5 usually) and just perfect. They are abrasive without being irritating and leave your skin squeaky clean and just perfect. I use less product (be it shower gel or soaps) and it makes a tons of fluffy foam that makes your shower/bath ritual that much better. This is 100x better than any scrub you can buy or make! I would hate to live without my Salux. I can't imagine anyone not liking this product.

on 5/27/2014 7:41:00 PM

This is the best thing to have in the shower. I used to have a back brush and shower pouf now this is all I need. I use my CeraVe foaming face wash for my face AND body. You only need to use a small amount and you get a great lather. My skin is happy so I'm happy.

on 5/27/2014 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again? Yes, MakeupAlley. I would.

In fact, I did!

I was on my first Salux when I was living abroad and went to visit my neighbourhood sauna. I left my Salux in a pail with the rest of my toiletries for just a moment to grab some water. When I came back someone stole it.

Yeah. That's right.

Someone stole my bath towel!

Who would steal a bath towel, you ask? My only guess is someone who can recognize just how awesome this is!

I spent the rest of my time obsessing about getting another one. I scoured stores to see if they sold them. I got doppelgängers from Daiso and the grocery store, but they just weren't the same. They weren't scrubby enough. Not exfoliating enough. Not the right size...

It made me yearn for the early days of when I had my Salux. I didn't know what I had until it was gone.

At first I didn't know what to do with my Salux. It's so long. But its genius is in its length and width. I can scrub my back with ease and, if pressed for time, can wash both my legs at the same time.

It's really amazing at delivering soft, soft skin. Watching the shower drain after I used the Salux was equal parts fascinating and disgusting; I got to see firsthand how effective at exfoliating the Salux was.

It's also great for travel. It takes up virtually no space and it dries in no time.

It's great value. Not just the Salux, itself – which is less than $5 on its own. It also helps to conserve soap. You don't need a lot of soap because you can create an insane amount of lather with the net.

In case you're wondering, I now have a Salux. I buckled down and bought it in bulk. I just missed that level of clean way too much.

on 5/1/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

works great to clean my back where i can't really bend my arms to reach, it works wonders for back acne as well :)

on 4/15/2014 2:08:00 AM

Excellent, simple product that only costs a few dollars. I like this better than a loofah or a body brush because it exfoliates really well but it's also gentle. And long-lasting too. After a few months of daily use I can see and feel a real difference in my body's skin, it is softer and has a healthy glow. And this is not due to lotions or creams (I rarely use them), it's because of this cloth.
Unlike a loofah sponge, the Salux cloth rinses clean after each use so it's more sanitary too. It is made of a scrubby material but I never found it to be too scratchy or rough. And unlike with other exfoliators, I have never once felt like I "over-did" it.
It's funny, after reading all these positive reviews and raves on the MUA boards I expected this product to be something earth-shattering. Then after a few uses I thought "Well this is OKAY but why all the fuss?" Now it's the only thing I use and I can't imagine not having one. This got me through the winter months without having dry, tight, uncomfortable skin.
I feel like this was some of the best money I ever spent and one of the best product recommendations I've ever gotten from MUA.
Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/11/2014 12:33:00 AM

Wow I've been using this literally my whole life and never thought these caught on! Glad to see they did! Any other loofah, shower puff, or whatever else there I just does not make sense to me. After growing up with these, you never really feel clean unless you use one of these things. They are the perfect length to get inch of your back. I believe because of these I've never suffered from body acne, any kind of bumps, or flakiness on my skin. My skin is soft even without the use of lotion. They make your bar of soap or body wash last longer too because that thing lathers like crazy. I take this with me even on vacations because if i don't feel as clean and comfortable. Locally where I live they can be as cheap as 1-3 dollars.
I recommend these to everyone!

Don't let the roughness of it scare you, with more use and when placed under water it tends to get softer. ( But i usually replace mine when it gets TOO soft)

on 4/7/2014 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i am so glad that i discovered salux, because it's wonderful. the first time you use it, it does take some getting used to, it's very scrubby, but after awhile you look forward to it, because it's invigorating and makes your skin very soft. with scrubs, you often don't know what you're going to get. they can be too greasy, too harsh, ineffective or have an unpleasant smell or texture. having a salux also saves you tons of money, and you can scrub your back with this easily. i will never go back to using scrubs!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools