December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard about this product on the very forum, and it sounded interesting. I was hooked the first time I tried it! It makes my bar soap lather up fabulously and feels so invigorating on my skin.

I hang it on the grab bar in my shower to quickly let it drip dry each day. it is large enough that I can easily scrub my own back, which is helping smooth out my skin in that hard to reach area.

I already bought a spare one to be ready in case this one wears out. I don't ever want to be without one again!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too rough for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bath poufs are great for lathering but I wanted to exfoliate my skin. I looked for a Salux for months but only came across knock offs. I finally gave in thinking that it couldn't be that must different that the original Salux. However, it was stiff and super abrasive so it ended up somewhat unused.

I recently came across a small Korean beauty salon supply store and they carry the Salux at $3.99. When I tried it, I knew why everyone loved it! Definitely much stretchier, it is abrasive but definitely MUCH softer than the generic. ( I would still never use it on my face though). It is also long enough to sling over my back and scrub comfortably by pulling back and forth. .

Like all manual exfoliators, it can accumulate dead skin cells, oils, soap residue, etc so I clean it every 2 weeks by throwing it in a gentle cycle wash and it dries (air dry) super fast. Salux is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

We love it! I got two of these in white..just looks clean and my husband and I used them in the shower on face and body. These are very abrasive but in a good way. My skin has been really dry this winter and it seems like after my shower my lotion would just sit on top of my skin but after I used the Salux towel my skin is so soft and the lotion seemed to absorb right in. I did use it gently on my face and it did not harm it or hurt in anyway. Love, love....I don't say things are HOLY GRAILS because life is subject to change but I will say right now these sure have body poufs and wash rags beat. Just FYI the towel is a little wider and longer than a hand towel making it very easy to scrub your back...A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

So I am Japanese, and never in a million years did I think I would ever be reviewing this (nor did I expect it to be one of the top "misc beauty tools").

I've been using this since I was a kid, so the roughness is completely normal to me. I can't stand using plushy-soft hotel washcloths or fluffy loofahs (sp?) because I don't feel clean afterwards. I always bring this on trips.

Applying a light lotion after this feels so good. I wouldn't recommend using it on your face daily, but an occasional scrub might be a nice way to exfoliate.

Plus, these dry FAST so they are travel friendly, and more hygienic than loofahs. They can be machine washed on delicate too.

(And the packaging gives you some pretty silly pictures and translations to boot. So you can enjoy soft, clean skin and a good laugh. ;) )

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually purchased this baby at my local CVS pharmacy. I walked right by it before I realized it was a knock off of the Japanese towel. I paid $3.99 for it and used it when I got home. It was amazing! I will use this for every shower/bath. I did use it very gently on my face after I used the OCM to remove all my makeup. My face and body was so soft. I am hoping it will help mine and my son's KP skin condition with repeated use. Would repurchase and check out your local pharmacies if you can't get on online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had lifelong dry skin. I really pamper my face but I'm guilty of letting my back go "out of sight out of mind". My legs in the winter are bad too.

This blows any loofah out of the water. It is very course.

My only knock (and it's an uber picky one) is I hate the baby colors. I would prefer either neutrals or fun bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is an awesome exfoliating cloth for anyone who has skin! I have super dry skin and it exfoliates very well! My skin doesn't feel clean with out it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg! I take baths daily and the amount of dead skin I scrubbed off the first time I used this was incredible. It was as if I hadn't bathed in weeks. Even after daily use, my bathtub is dirty after each use with this cloth. I love it! I even managed to get a layer of dry cracked skin off my elbows that I've had since childhood! I also love the size. It makes it so easy to reach my back. Highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by camrielynn

I just couldn't help but buy one of these after reading all of the wonderful reviews. I ordered mine off of Amazon and it seems legit, even though some people seem to have trouble with fakes. I may order them straight from the website in the future since the price difference is pretty negligible. And I will be ordering more if I need to-I love this towel! When I first tried this towel after opening it up, I wasn't so sure about it. It was pretty scratchy, and I wasn't sure my skin could take it. But after a few uses, I now look forward to its super exfoliating power! I use it with St. Ives Shea Butter body wash and moisturize after with coconut oil, and my skin has never been more touchably smooth. I have always had problems with keratosis pilaris on my arms, and while they have not cleared up, they have gotten smaller and less noticeable. I have only been using this for a few weeks, so I'm hoping they continue to improve! For the price and results, this is one beauty product that is definitely worth it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No