November 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

first of all, i love clinique, seriously, they got the best make up products- both quality AND price (Chubby stick, Even Better makeup, Butter Shine Lipstick). obviously I really wanted to like this product.
anyway, I bought it in Neutral (shade 4). color is beautiful, looks outstanding on skin, very smooth, covers up well, looks like my own skin, not cakey, ultra light feeling on skin (hate heavy makeup that feels like a pile of chemicals/creams on skin). also, it has 15 SPF. this seemed like perfection. BUT...
it gave me the WORST BREAKOUTS EVERRRRR!!!!!
i'm 25, my skin isn't oily anymore, it's even drier in winter. i hardly get pimples. but man, this gave me 5-6 HUGE pimples!! it looked like i got some rash or something, and i don't have sensitive skin.
this is just pure garbage. i tried it 3 times (a few days apart from each other to make sure my skin isn't irritated) on a fresh, exfoliated clean skin, and each time i got the same result - MASSIVE BREAKOUTS!! disappointed.
do yourself a favour and don't even come near it. it's made of silica, talc and nylon, paying $32 for talc that's causing you horrible pimples is just plain stupidity in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NW15-NW20 and have this in "Fair".
I like Clinique products because they are not scented and i never was disappointed with them. This is not an exception.
I like that this powder makeup is very finely milled and matches my skin color perfectly.
I use it either only as a powder over a tinted moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge shade 01 or Nars Radiance in Finland) and add a bit to the places where i need some more coverage - chin, nose area where i tend to get some redness.
Or I also use it on its own to create a no-makeup look. This is doable only it you have pretty good skin or if you have already used concealer on your redness and acne. I dont have any major skin issues, so it works very well for me with a bit of concealer underneath.
I also find that over the tinted moisturizer it mattyfies my t-zone for a long time, the skin stays matt for a longer time then with a regular powder. I am a clinique skin type 2 though only - dry combination, so no idea if it would act the same on really oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seriously, Clinique?? Are these colours for real skin?? I wonder... I bought this first in 3-light and 4-natural. 3 was much to light for my NC35, and 4 was an odd pinky-brown. The first made me look ashy and ill, the second made me look red. Sits on pores (and mine are huge), oil control below zero. Generally, Clinique's foundations and powders have awful colours at least for mediterranean skins like mine. Why did I ever bother - and went back for a second one?? I wish I knew...In fact, apart from the blended face powder in 'invisible', I don't think I will bother with Clinique's makeup ever again...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lhern093

This product is probably great for people whose skin doesn't breakout. Like for someone who is starting with makeup, it's light and okay. But my skin is acne prone and since I've heard great things about Clinique's line I decided to try it out. WORST BREAKOUT EVER. My skin produced so many breakouts, I literally started crying, my skin has never been this bad. Throughout the day I could FEEL my skin creating the oil and feel the breakouts occurring, it's nasty. Also, the oxidation is terrible but that could be since I have a few acne scars. I used to use MAC studio fix before this and I'm going back to it. MAC S.F. never broke me out this bad, it's very matte and even and not oily. Sadly Clinique left me so disappointed with their product. I will not be purchasing it again due to the sensitivity of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. I love the huge mirror this compact has, much larger than most. I wish the compact color was not that "Clinique" green but that is a minor complaint for such a stellar powder.

This is a smooth, light powder that has a nice spf 15 that does not irritate my rosacea. All the colors are neutral and sheer. I would not really consider this opaque enough to qualify as a powder foundation but it does leave bark skin looking polished. It does not separate or sink into the fine lines around my mouth. All in all a really great powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xSunshiinex

This is the best powder foundation that I've ever used!
After going through a multitude of foundations in an attempt to find one pale and decent enough looking for my horribly pale skin, I ended up going to Myers where I bought Clinique's Almost Powder in the lightest shade, which was 'Fair'.
The coverage is supposedly 'sheer' but I found that this wasnt the case, and the coverage is very buildable.
The foundation is pale enough for my skin and covers the few blemishes that I have on my forehead. The size of the packaging means you only get a small amount of the powder but to my surprise it has lasted me for more than two months, and there's still a fair amount left.

Overall:
PROS-
- Amazing coverage
- Pale enough even for my skin!
- Handy mirrored-compact packaging
- Stays on most of the day without the need to reapply often
- SPF 15
- Comes with a sponge

CONS-
- Only a small compact
- Can be quite drying around my nose and forehead

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

This is by far the best powder foundation that I have ever used. Works like a dream giving me medium coverage without looking fake or cakey. My skin is acne prone and sensitive but this stuff didn't irritate it (didn't help it either but the product is not aiming at it). I find that it somewhat controls my oily skin which is more than I expected.
For performance I would give it 5 lippies but the packaging deserves 3. I decided that when I am spending on makeup I have to be happy with each aspect of it so I won't be getting this till they change the packaging. Till then I will be using liquid foundation and setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by idhren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite make up base all time. I love mineral make up but I hate the loose powder as it just gets everywhere. Clinique's Almost Powder Make up isn't a "real" mineral make up, but I like it anyways, and I love the fact it's compact SO much.

This is very suitable for my dry, sensitive skin and it doesn't make my skin look powdery at all, which is pretty amazing. It even looks better and better when the natural oils of the skin start to come up and mix with it. My nose will start to shine though, so I always need some touch up, but luckily the packaging, despite being ugly, is easy to take with me.

Fair and Fairly Light are both great shades for my NC15-20 skin, Fair being the best match overall, but Fairly Light giving a better coverage for the coupe rosa. When I tan in the summer I use Light. I do however wish these shades were just a tad more yellow, because my skin tone is so golden these neutral shades can look a bit reddish.

The brush that's provided is pretty awful, I always replace it with a sponge to do the touch ups on the go. Normally a kabuki is the best tool with this foundation.

It has medium, buildable coverage, which looks great, but to my taste it could be even a bit better. Like I said I have coupe rosa on my cheeks, and you can kinda see it despite of this product. I so wish this could be more like the Finnish brand Mschic's Baked Mineral Foundation, which has amazing coverage and even a subtle sheen, but it looks a bit too heavy on skin so I frown upon it and often go for Clinique instead. If these two could make a love child, it would be The Bomb.

All this said, I have purchased three packages of this product and will continue to purchase in the future, if I don' find anything even better (not holding my breath). The price of this product is pretty steep, but it does last like atleast 6 months with frequent use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A confession here: I bought this for no other reason than I wanted the GWP from The Bay. I don't use any foundation at all. After getting my rosacea skin treated with Gemini laser 2 years ago, all I wear is the Shiseido SPF 38 sunscreen for face and some concealer. Sure I have a powder for my extra-oily T-Zone but that's about it. However, as I was browsing for something that'll qualify me for the GWP without going ridiculously over the minimum purchase ($28.50 CAD if you want to know), I saw this product off to the side. It's basically a sunscreen powder, with 13% titanium dioxide and 2% octinoxate, and it's $31. Any additional physical sunscreen is good for me, so I took a closer look.

Have to say the colour selection proved a bit disappointing for me; I'm on the light-medium side in terms of skin tone and there was literally ONE shade for me - 03 Light. Fair was too light and Neutral was too dark. Ultimately, this being a powder, I figured it wouldn't be too big an issue if the colour is a bit off. Time to go home with this little green compact and the coveted GWP (so cute - but that's another story).

I applied this powder with my EcoTools bamboo bronzer brush - a dab of powder, lightly buffed on. I was a bit surprised to see some coverage coming out of this...granted it's sheer, but overall it definitely evens out my skin tone some. I DID notice there is a slightest white cast due to the titanium dioxide, but as someone who wears 9.4% zinc oxide daily, what's another bit of white cast? Nevertheless if that's not what you like, do keep in mind this potential.

How does it wear? Not too bad, actually. It keeps shine at bay for my T-Zone for about 3 hours (and yes, for an oil slick like me, that's "not too bad"). It's a better record than the powder I was using, which is Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. No clogged pores from this, either...but then again I tolerate physical sunscreen ingredients remarkably well. To reiterate, if you haven't had good experiences with higher percentage of zinc oxide or titanium oxide, go for another powder.

Overall I'm quite happy my desperation for the GWP brought me to this. I wish it were cheaper but hey, then I wouldn't have gotten my GWP (ha). Toss the sponge and use a good quality brush, and this is a "heavier" powder that just might give you enough coverage if you're going for a sheer finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by victoriaarcher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely textured powder. I use this over my BB Cream or over a light foundation like Aqua Lumiere to set and mattify. Perfects my skin and takes away any shine, never leaves a cakey or over-made up look. Keep it in my handbag all the time and use it every day. A great product!