October 25, 2014 | 1498 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm surprised by the number of negative reviews we have here! I've used many primers before, and unfortunately primer is one of those things where "you get what you pay for". If you're looking for a great primer, and money is no object, try Smashbox or Vincent Longo. Anyway, I liked this primer. It's not the best I've ever used. I didn't feel the apricot color had much of an impact on my look. Then again, I wear foundation, concealer; and powder to set my look. I think it's a decent buy for $7. Not a front runner, though. I'd go with Loreal if you're looking for a drug store primer. It's about the same, but slightly better without the pigment in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Shay83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ATTENTION DARK UNDER EYE SUFFERERS!

I use this product for my pesky dark under eyes and it works like a dream! I prime with this apricot primer, use my GA Master corrector in #2, and then finish with my MAC studio finish concealer in NW 40. Note, it is very little product in all three steps, and I use my finger to apply and blend using patting motions with my ring finger. I am of East Indian decent and my under eye circles are more of a dark DARK brown. This product works great to start counter acting the darkness and really keeps everything in place. I have searched long and hard for any product that helps make me look bright and rested and all I have ever seem to come across are products that make my eyes look like a grey ashy mess! This works great!!

I am definitely going to re purchase....at $7 bucks a pop you cant really go wrong!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have this with the BLUE cap. It's clearish (no foundation color at all) and I actually like it a lot. I don't have many lines left, but what little I do have, this keeps foundation from settling into them. It feels like I've put another moisturizer on but doesn't feel heavy. For me, it does everything it's supposed to do. I will repurchase the 002 version.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Howdy! For all the people who didn't like this (but don't want to throw it in the bin) try using just on the nose area, I tried it just on the sides of my nose and noticed it held my foundation relatively well, I'd say about 5 hours? I also use it mainly on my neck and chest area as it holds my foundation well there. I now use the No7 Protect and Prime as I have very oily skin and it is amazing!! Definitely worth a try! Hope this has been helpful to those who didn't like it so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

I have combination to oily skin and most of primers and foundations do not last much on my face. But despite my oily skin condition, I found this primer to be decent enough to last me almost half day, My criteria as that the foundation and primers I use last almost 12 hours with only powder touch up to fix it.

The performance of this product gradually fades and have early warning sign of oiliness ahead. I recommend this to dry skin because a friend of mine tried it with that kind of skin condition and it worked longer with her.

I hope you find this helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by savannahm97

BUY THIS IN 002 (blue cap NOT dark purple cap)! I've used 001 and it is the worst. It comes out orange and I'm really pale so that does not work at all and it's just bad in general. It doesn't really do anything to keep my makeup on longer. However 002 is perfect! It comes out clear and it actually keeps my face less oily throughout the day. It says it minimizes pores and I have really big pores and I really didn't see a difference. I still love it and ALWAYS use it before my foundation! I have dry skin and this actually moisturizes a little bit! It is a dollar or two more than the 001 because its from the Pro line but it is worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by amyk99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

does not leave my foundation on any longer,especially with my super oily skin, got it in new zealand for 18 bloody bucks, not worth it at all, will not be re purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by andy5251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved this product were getting too hot here and my sis gave me this to try since i have an oily t zone and tho by the evening my nose was kinda oily it is an improvement from not having an primer on since i am not gonna spend too much on products i will settle happily with these and a tad bit of powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a while ago and it was the first primer I tried so I didn't really know what to expect from a primer. The consistency of the product was REALLY thick and it was a beige type of colour. It also felt too heavy on my face, since then I moved on to primer that was more light weight and with clear formula and I can't even imagine to going back to use this primer ever

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by elliezabeth22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh god, whenever I think about this product, I shudder at the memories. The liquid itself is very thick and orange, almost apricot-colored. As I've generally purchased shiny, clear primers, this came as a surprise to me. It glided on well, but the end result was less than satisfactory; I ended up looking spray-tanned and Oompa Loompa-ish. I'm a very pale person. It just made my skin look tacky. The distribution ended up almost universally uneven every time I re-used it, too.
Plus, if you're a person who cares about the synthetic materials put in liquid makeup, especially cancer-causing ones, this primer is rife with parabens.
Needless to say, it's still languishing in my makeup box.
Would not recommend.