It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-20, Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Keratin Amino Acids, Beta-Glucan, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, d-Limonene, BCC12-Base.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't get why everybody says it's good. I bought it after reading a ton of good reviews on it and it was less expensive than other masks. I used it for like a year on and off and it never worked for me. Right after i used it my hair would always feel greasy no matter how much i rinsed, and left a residue on my hands when i would straighten my hair. The next time i washed my hair, the residue would be gone and it was like i never applied anything to my hair. The smell is okay but that's the only good thing i can say about it. Really confused. BTW i have a lot of fine hair (like my overall hair is full but each hair is fine) that gets greasy easily, is really soft and frizzes easily.

on 10/9/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this mask in the past and so has my sister. I think it's safe to say that any girl who messes with chemical services- probably has their own horror story! Here's mine.. I finally got my hair to grow out past my shoulders, then one day I decided to bleach my entire head on my own, after it had been heavily highlighted twice in the past month and a half. Needless to say I was left with straw like orange/yellow hair. My dad even commented on how fried my hair looked (thx dad!) so I went to the salon and chopped the worst of it off, up to nearly my chin. I also colored my hair to a nice blonde shade. I was still left with short, very dry and damaged hair. I bought this mask and use it once or twice a week depending on how damaged my hair is. I leave it on for 30 minutes or longer to get the full effects. After a month I went back to get my roots touched up & my stylist commented on how my hair was in such great condition, especially for being a blonde!

Pros-It works!
A little goes a long way (good slip)
I like the tub (you can get every last bit out)
Smells nice
Actually repairs damage over time
Makes hair smooth and manageable
Adds some shine to over processed hair

on 9/21/2011 3:29:00 PM

This is great if you have kinky curly hair! finding a great conditioner is crucial when you have curly hair! i really liked this one. didn't weigh my hair down. my hair looks sooo nice after i put it in...you can definitly tell the diference!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Nothing short of amazing. Smells great, doesn't weigh my hair down, enhances my hair color... everything about this is great! I use it once a week or once every two weeks. Love it.

on 9/19/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Holy smokes! SO I had a recent bad salon experience: i had shoulder length hair and I wanted to get the "ombre" look (think Alexa Chung) but what I ended up with were these crazy brassy panels and a weird base color....not at all what I asked for. So I went back to the salon FOUR times and they still couldn't fix it. So what I ended up with in the end was just straight chocolate brown hair, and for a girl that has always been blonde, I hated it.
So I attempted to fix it myself (big mistake.) I used Ion Color Corrector (which worked really good at getting rid of the color with out bleach,) and then dyed my hair a light golden blonde. It ended up orange, so I very stupidly put a light blonde ash over it and my goodness was it ugly. Then I decided to just call it quits and go to another salon to fix my mistakes. Luckily, the girl I got was amazing and fixed it right up. But needless to say, after having about 8 processes on my hair in a little over a month, my hair was fried. She trimmed off the worst of it, but my hair was still dry and unmanageable.

UNTIL I USED THIS STUFF.

I signed up for MUA on account of this stuff, if your hair is over processed, GET THIS. Seriously, my hair feels amazing, and you cant even tell how unhealthy and dry it was a week ago.
I also read good reviews on the leave in treatment, so I am going to go run out and get that too. But I can't imagine my hair feeling any better.

on 7/31/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

A lovely swapper, seeing this on my wish list, sent me a generous sample of this treatment. I'd been wanting to try it for a long time, and needed to try it since returning to the heat and dryness of Arizona. It's OK. It's almost too heavy--so much so that I find it difficult to rinse out (even when used very sparingly) and that my hair feels and looks weighted down after it dries. I also dislike the heavy, sweet scent that lingers no matter how much I rinse. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to try it (I've gotten several uses from the generous sample packet), but I will not purchase the full size. I much prefer B&B's Quenching Masque to this one.

on 7/24/2011 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product, but I use it sparingly. If I use it more than once a week, my hair gets greasy and weighed-down feeling. It works best for me immediately after I've highlighted my hair...it really does help take the dryness out. I usually use it one day a week after that, and seems to restore moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It makes me sad that I have to give this amazing product 3 lippies. I used to LOVE this stuff when I lived back in NY - it made my dry, damaged hair soooo smooth, shiny, and soft. It really is a 'miracle'. Unfortunately, I tried using this again after moving to California and I guess the water is harder here (which means it's more likely to leave product residue on hair and skin). My scalp got itchy after using this and my back broke out so bad =( This is a great product, but the oils and tons of silicones in it made my skin have such a bad reaction. Also, it is SUPER expensive ($30 for a small, flat tub). I have switched to Enjoy Luxury Conditioner, which is another rich conditioner but doesn't contain oils and lots of silicones that break me out.

on 7/17/2011 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little disappointed. I'd wanted to try this product for a long time, since I'm always looking for the perfect hair mask and it got so glowing reviews. It's not sold in my country though, and it took me some time to find it online. It was quite expensive to get, but admittedly not as expensive as Bumble and Bumble Creme de coco, which had been the closest to perfect I'd ever come across. I should note that I really do need a very good mask, as my hair is genetically thin and brittle, and nowadays color treated and quite long too. I also have a dry end problem which trims only get rid of for a very short time.
Sadly,this mask did not live up to my expectations at all. The good part is the consistency; it's very nice and thick which means it's very user friendly; it doesn't run or slip out or anything, you smooth it on and it stays put. Also, it doesn't need to stay on for long; you can use it in the shower and remove it before getting out. You just leave it on while washing and shaving. Last but not least, it doesn't weigh hair down at all.
However, any effects this has on my hair are very short lived. After I wash it off, my hair certainly feels softer and smoother. It does help detangle better than a plain conditioner would, and hair feels and looks better ( though not drastically so to be honest).
Then the next morning it's all gone, almost as if I had never used it. The effect just fades away completely. Soon as I wake up, my straw ends are back with a vengeance. Needless to say that by the time I wash my hair again, it's in the same need of a full force moisturizing treatment yet again.
I tried leaving it on longer than indicated on the instructions, but results were the same. I prefer to use it as a regular conditioner every time I wash now, and it works very decently as one, but of course this totally defeats the purpose; this is not supposed to be an everyday conditioner that works, it's supposed to be a treatment. Also I didn't see much change to my hair after systematic use.
Frankly I wonder if there's any possibility the product I got was a fake. It's just so strange to me that it works so well for so many people but is so underwhelming to me. Unfortunately, because it's not available in store, I will not be able to find this out any time soon.
So the best thing I've come across is still B&B Creme de coco, which sucks because it costs an arm and a leg here. I will not repurchase nor would I recommend this based on my experience. I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, but based on my authenticity concerns I'll just give it a 3 for good measure.

on 7/4/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

An ULTA employee recommended this for my dry-brittle & majorly sensitive to hair loss after using most conditioners. (My hair doesn't shed when I wash/comb my hair, just every time I use ANY conditioner) So this product claims to:

1.detangle 2.restore moisture 3.restore elasticity 4.soften 5. smoothen 6.shines 7.body 8.nourishes 9.defrizzes 10. improves color.

Now that I started with dry-brittle hair I was expecting claims 2.3.4.5.8. & 9. to be a no brainer & see visible results in just the first wash. But NO it did not deliver this. It did however live up to 1. 6. & 10. (Although # 10 meant it also highlighted my grays to look shinier sigh) Now comes to #7.enhances natural body--DEFINITELY NOT. As a matter of fact I have never lost sooo much hair in the past. Felt like I just permed/relaxed/bleached my hair together x10. I had clumps of hair down my back just sliding down! My tub drain was clogged & I was afraid to undo my towel after to see how bald this made me!

For reference I have used Joico, Terax, Neutrogena, Redken & the famous Macadamia oil deep repair mask prior to this. I don't have a genetic/nutrition defect that's causing the hair loss & I'm not saying these products are bad/not worth it. They just did not leave my hair moisturized & prevent the hair loss after use.

If you don't have easy to break hair & are only looking for soft, shiny hair, maybe this product is a miracle. But at the price of about $30 your only getting 8 oz, less than the average shampoo bottle, it might not be such a 10 on 10.