April 21, 2014 | 1333 users online

Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Hair Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'm a little disappointed. I'd wanted to try this product for a long time, since I'm always looking for the perfect hair mask and it got so glowing reviews. It's not sold in my country though, and it took me some time to find it online. It was quite expensive to get, but admittedly not as expensive as Bumble and Bumble Creme de coco, which had been the closest to perfect I'd ever come across. I should note that I really do need a very good mask, as my hair is genetically thin and brittle, and nowadays color treated and quite long too. I also have a dry end problem which trims only get rid of for a very short time.
Sadly,this mask did not live up to my expectations at all. The good part is the consistency; it's very nice and thick which means it's very user friendly; it doesn't run or slip out or anything, you smooth it on and it stays put. Also, it doesn't need to stay on for long; you can use it in the shower and remove it before getting out. You just leave it on while washing and shaving. Last but not least, it doesn't weigh hair down at all.
However, any effects this has on my hair are very short lived. After I wash it off, my hair certainly feels softer and smoother. It does help detangle better than a plain conditioner would, and hair feels and looks better ( though not drastically so to be honest).
Then the next morning it's all gone, almost as if I had never used it. The effect just fades away completely. Soon as I wake up, my straw ends are back with a vengeance. Needless to say that by the time I wash my hair again, it's in the same need of a full force moisturizing treatment yet again.
I tried leaving it on longer than indicated on the instructions, but results were the same. I prefer to use it as a regular conditioner every time I wash now, and it works very decently as one, but of course this totally defeats the purpose; this is not supposed to be an everyday conditioner that works, it's supposed to be a treatment. Also I didn't see much change to my hair after systematic use.
Frankly I wonder if there's any possibility the product I got was a fake. It's just so strange to me that it works so well for so many people but is so underwhelming to me. Unfortunately, because it's not available in store, I will not be able to find this out any time soon.
So the best thing I've come across is still B&B Creme de coco, which sucks because it costs an arm and a leg here. I will not repurchase nor would I recommend this based on my experience. I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, but based on my authenticity concerns I'll just give it a 3 for good measure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

An ULTA employee recommended this for my dry-brittle & majorly sensitive to hair loss after using most conditioners. (My hair doesn't shed when I wash/comb my hair, just every time I use ANY conditioner) So this product claims to:

1.detangle 2.restore moisture 3.restore elasticity 4.soften 5. smoothen 6.shines 7.body 8.nourishes 9.defrizzes 10. improves color.

Now that I started with dry-brittle hair I was expecting claims 2.3.4.5.8. & 9. to be a no brainer & see visible results in just the first wash. But NO it did not deliver this. It did however live up to 1. 6. & 10. (Although # 10 meant it also highlighted my grays to look shinier sigh) Now comes to #7.enhances natural body--DEFINITELY NOT. As a matter of fact I have never lost sooo much hair in the past. Felt like I just permed/relaxed/bleached my hair together x10. I had clumps of hair down my back just sliding down! My tub drain was clogged & I was afraid to undo my towel after to see how bald this made me!

For reference I have used Joico, Terax, Neutrogena, Redken & the famous Macadamia oil deep repair mask prior to this. I don't have a genetic/nutrition defect that's causing the hair loss & I'm not saying these products are bad/not worth it. They just did not leave my hair moisturized & prevent the hair loss after use.

If you don't have easy to break hair & are only looking for soft, shiny hair, maybe this product is a miracle. But at the price of about $30 your only getting 8 oz, less than the average shampoo bottle, it might not be such a 10 on 10.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbear87

This stuff is great! I tried that neutrogena deep conditioning mask one I forget it's name and kerastase chroma riche and another one in an orange jar- ha what a joke, I was being cheap and used to use the neutrogena
One a lot n bought it instead if this
And was like thinking- it will have same results - oh no!! The rest of my hair was
Fine except the ends - hello which r the point! This one makes it so I can run my fingers completely through but the neutrogena just until
My ends. Anyways This gets my stamp of approval times a
100,000!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cryslw1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

miracle is an exaggerated claim for this mask. A little below average and no better than a regular drugstore conditioner. For 36 dollars i expected a lot more from this product and it didn't deliver. I don't recommend this mask to anyone on makeupalley there are much better products for 1/9 the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyRoseWolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely works. My hair has recently been bleached a lot and it's helped keep it from feeling like straw. It keeps the frizzies away, but I wouldn't say it's a miracle though. I don't think I'll buy it again just because it's sooo expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it's an 8...maaaybe. i just used this mask for the first time combined with the leave in product. my hair is pretty damaged from coloring and heat styling. there is one section in particular around my face that is the worst. i've been getting pretty desperate and decided to get this based on the reviews. i have to say, it is the only product i've used that got rid of that fried, crunchy feeling, so that is AMAZING. my hair is softer and shinier. however, it didn't give the overall smooth appearance i was hoping for. flyaways, frizz and some damage are still pretty visible which was a pretty big disappointment. i'll keep using this in the hopes that the effects are cumulative and will progressively make my hair better and better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask after having fallen in love with the shampoo (see review). I honestly attribute It's a 10 products to having saved my dry and damaged hair.
I was initially using the shampoo and the daily conditioner, until I purchased the mask. Now I use the shampoo daily, followed by either the daily conditioner or the mask. I do prefer the mask over the daily conditioner, but I find that using the mask daily can be a little too much. I use the mask four times per week on average.
This mask is very emollient and moisturizing and makes my hair very soft. I purchased the mask in the large 17.5 fluid ounce tub with the pump dispenser. One pump is all that is needed for my past shoulder length hair.
The scent of this mask is pleasant. My only complaint is that none of the It's a 10 products share the same fragrance. Though I do like the scent of the mask and the daily conditioner, I wish that all of the It's a 10 hair products were the same scent as the shampoo. I will continue to re-purchase this along with the shampoo and the daily conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by simi531

OK, this is the thickest most moisturizing mask I have ever used - and I have used them ALL. It was pretty expensive (30.00 at CVS) but I finally bought it to help some of the damage in my hair. I have used it twice so far and it really does what it says. My hair is softer and stronger. I could tell when it was wet that it did not make that snapping sound (eek!) when I combed it. I did not expect much from it because I have so many other "let downs" in my bathroom cabinet. This really seems like a keeper. I don't know yet about build up or actually healing my hair in the long run, but right now I just want my hair to appear healthy while I try and grow out the damage. I also use the leave in spray which works very well. You don't need much of the spray or the mask - a little does really go a long way. I like the flip top cap on the tub type container - it is so much easier than having to twist open the cap. This could be heavy for very fine hair, but I would suggest diluting it with a little water and just using on the ends. It really is worth it for the softness that you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely AMAZING!
I had a lot of split ends and damage from dying my hair a few weeks ago. I went to the salon and my hair ended up not being what I wanted, so I went to Sally's the next week and bought the color I wanted. Well, my hair didn't take the dye well and looked patchy so I had to dye it again. That's 3 times I dyed my hair in a matter of 2 weeks. =
I am glad I ran across a review for this stuff, or I'd never have known about it! I actually purchased the leave-in treatment (which I LOVE as well) and it came with a sample of this mask. I got two uses out of the sample packet, and now I know I need a whole jar!

This hair mask smells sooo good! It conditions, detangles, and really makes my damaged hair look healthy again. It adds body and makes my hair super soft and manageable. I have tried many conditioning treatments and this one definitely takes the cake!

I will be purchasing the full sized jar very soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by FayeFleurDeLis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A little pricey than the other hair masks but it's definitely worth it if ya got $30 on you <3 it's amazing. I got better results with this than the neutregena triple moisture mask. I only wish it were a little bigger because I'll be buying this stuff forever hehe