July 31, 2014 | 1747 users online

Hair Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Hair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by callmeDNA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy smokes! SO I had a recent bad salon experience: i had shoulder length hair and I wanted to get the "ombre" look (think Alexa Chung) but what I ended up with were these crazy brassy panels and a weird base color....not at all what I asked for. So I went back to the salon FOUR times and they still couldn't fix it. So what I ended up with in the end was just straight chocolate brown hair, and for a girl that has always been blonde, I hated it.
So I attempted to fix it myself (big mistake.) I used Ion Color Corrector (which worked really good at getting rid of the color with out bleach,) and then dyed my hair a light golden blonde. It ended up orange, so I very stupidly put a light blonde ash over it and my goodness was it ugly. Then I decided to just call it quits and go to another salon to fix my mistakes. Luckily, the girl I got was amazing and fixed it right up. But needless to say, after having about 8 processes on my hair in a little over a month, my hair was fried. She trimmed off the worst of it, but my hair was still dry and unmanageable.

UNTIL I USED THIS STUFF.

I signed up for MUA on account of this stuff, if your hair is over processed, GET THIS. Seriously, my hair feels amazing, and you cant even tell how unhealthy and dry it was a week ago.
I also read good reviews on the leave in treatment, so I am going to go run out and get that too. But I can't imagine my hair feeling any better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lovely swapper, seeing this on my wish list, sent me a generous sample of this treatment. I'd been wanting to try it for a long time, and needed to try it since returning to the heat and dryness of Arizona. It's OK. It's almost too heavy--so much so that I find it difficult to rinse out (even when used very sparingly) and that my hair feels and looks weighted down after it dries. I also dislike the heavy, sweet scent that lingers no matter how much I rinse. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to try it (I've gotten several uses from the generous sample packet), but I will not purchase the full size. I much prefer B&B's Quenching Masque to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by DarcyDoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product, but I use it sparingly. If I use it more than once a week, my hair gets greasy and weighed-down feeling. It works best for me immediately after I've highlighted my hair...it really does help take the dryness out. I usually use it one day a week after that, and seems to restore moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It makes me sad that I have to give this amazing product 3 lippies. I used to LOVE this stuff when I lived back in NY - it made my dry, damaged hair soooo smooth, shiny, and soft. It really is a 'miracle'. Unfortunately, I tried using this again after moving to California and I guess the water is harder here (which means it's more likely to leave product residue on hair and skin). My scalp got itchy after using this and my back broke out so bad =( This is a great product, but the oils and tons of silicones in it made my skin have such a bad reaction. Also, it is SUPER expensive ($30 for a small, flat tub). I have switched to Enjoy Luxury Conditioner, which is another rich conditioner but doesn't contain oils and lots of silicones that break me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'm a little disappointed. I'd wanted to try this product for a long time, since I'm always looking for the perfect hair mask and it got so glowing reviews. It's not sold in my country though, and it took me some time to find it online. It was quite expensive to get, but admittedly not as expensive as Bumble and Bumble Creme de coco, which had been the closest to perfect I'd ever come across. I should note that I really do need a very good mask, as my hair is genetically thin and brittle, and nowadays color treated and quite long too. I also have a dry end problem which trims only get rid of for a very short time.
Sadly,this mask did not live up to my expectations at all. The good part is the consistency; it's very nice and thick which means it's very user friendly; it doesn't run or slip out or anything, you smooth it on and it stays put. Also, it doesn't need to stay on for long; you can use it in the shower and remove it before getting out. You just leave it on while washing and shaving. Last but not least, it doesn't weigh hair down at all.
However, any effects this has on my hair are very short lived. After I wash it off, my hair certainly feels softer and smoother. It does help detangle better than a plain conditioner would, and hair feels and looks better ( though not drastically so to be honest).
Then the next morning it's all gone, almost as if I had never used it. The effect just fades away completely. Soon as I wake up, my straw ends are back with a vengeance. Needless to say that by the time I wash my hair again, it's in the same need of a full force moisturizing treatment yet again.
I tried leaving it on longer than indicated on the instructions, but results were the same. I prefer to use it as a regular conditioner every time I wash now, and it works very decently as one, but of course this totally defeats the purpose; this is not supposed to be an everyday conditioner that works, it's supposed to be a treatment. Also I didn't see much change to my hair after systematic use.
Frankly I wonder if there's any possibility the product I got was a fake. It's just so strange to me that it works so well for so many people but is so underwhelming to me. Unfortunately, because it's not available in store, I will not be able to find this out any time soon.
So the best thing I've come across is still B&B Creme de coco, which sucks because it costs an arm and a leg here. I will not repurchase nor would I recommend this based on my experience. I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, but based on my authenticity concerns I'll just give it a 3 for good measure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

An ULTA employee recommended this for my dry-brittle & majorly sensitive to hair loss after using most conditioners. (My hair doesn't shed when I wash/comb my hair, just every time I use ANY conditioner) So this product claims to:

1.detangle 2.restore moisture 3.restore elasticity 4.soften 5. smoothen 6.shines 7.body 8.nourishes 9.defrizzes 10. improves color.

Now that I started with dry-brittle hair I was expecting claims 2.3.4.5.8. & 9. to be a no brainer & see visible results in just the first wash. But NO it did not deliver this. It did however live up to 1. 6. & 10. (Although # 10 meant it also highlighted my grays to look shinier sigh) Now comes to #7.enhances natural body--DEFINITELY NOT. As a matter of fact I have never lost sooo much hair in the past. Felt like I just permed/relaxed/bleached my hair together x10. I had clumps of hair down my back just sliding down! My tub drain was clogged & I was afraid to undo my towel after to see how bald this made me!

For reference I have used Joico, Terax, Neutrogena, Redken & the famous Macadamia oil deep repair mask prior to this. I don't have a genetic/nutrition defect that's causing the hair loss & I'm not saying these products are bad/not worth it. They just did not leave my hair moisturized & prevent the hair loss after use.

If you don't have easy to break hair & are only looking for soft, shiny hair, maybe this product is a miracle. But at the price of about $30 your only getting 8 oz, less than the average shampoo bottle, it might not be such a 10 on 10.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbear87

This stuff is great! I tried that neutrogena deep conditioning mask one I forget it's name and kerastase chroma riche and another one in an orange jar- ha what a joke, I was being cheap and used to use the neutrogena
One a lot n bought it instead if this
And was like thinking- it will have same results - oh no!! The rest of my hair was
Fine except the ends - hello which r the point! This one makes it so I can run my fingers completely through but the neutrogena just until
My ends. Anyways This gets my stamp of approval times a
100,000!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cryslw1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

miracle is an exaggerated claim for this mask. A little below average and no better than a regular drugstore conditioner. For 36 dollars i expected a lot more from this product and it didn't deliver. I don't recommend this mask to anyone on makeupalley there are much better products for 1/9 the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyRoseWolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely works. My hair has recently been bleached a lot and it's helped keep it from feeling like straw. It keeps the frizzies away, but I wouldn't say it's a miracle though. I don't think I'll buy it again just because it's sooo expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it's an 8...maaaybe. i just used this mask for the first time combined with the leave in product. my hair is pretty damaged from coloring and heat styling. there is one section in particular around my face that is the worst. i've been getting pretty desperate and decided to get this based on the reviews. i have to say, it is the only product i've used that got rid of that fried, crunchy feeling, so that is AMAZING. my hair is softer and shinier. however, it didn't give the overall smooth appearance i was hoping for. flyaways, frizz and some damage are still pretty visible which was a pretty big disappointment. i'll keep using this in the hopes that the effects are cumulative and will progressively make my hair better and better.