July 31, 2014 | 2023 users online

Polishes - OPI - Royal Rajah Ruby

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent color. One of OPI's best. I had this color in mind at my last manicure, but was in such a hurry I misjudged "Midnight in Moscow" as a reasonable duplicate. How wrong I was. A tobacco black/brown with shimmer, not the gorgeous ruby red shimmer I was after. I had to run to "Trade Secret" and be able to sort through the racks. Much better atmosphere:) "Royal Rajah Ruby" is a lovely, true burnt ruby red with the most delicate shimmer. I real bombshell color, very Dita Von Teese. I typically wear nail color only on my toes and this makes my pedicure look very sophisticated and (pardon the pun) polished. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by mirandajulian

I love this color and love the fact that it lasts so long. It is a vampy red -really nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my 1st OPI polish that I got from a friend of mine, and she really got the color right for me. It's really a dark, dark red, almost brown with much red shimmer (as someone discribed it like this before).

Maybe I haven't used it so much, but my mom also loves it, it's her favorite OPI. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one is STUNNING! Gorgeous brown with loads of red shimmer; something else, I tell ya :) If you like vampy shimmers I guarantee you can't go wrong with this one... I can't stop staring at my nail. The formula is great and it doesn't chip. Although some say it looks black indoors, maybe because of the fact I KNOW it's not, but nevertheless I always see just dark reddish brown. In direct light of course it looks even more amazing.
One of the shades I'm reaching for often lately.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for the correct color to go with my pale skin. Most polishes look really ridiculous on me. This one is perfect! Only two coats and it looks awesome and it does last!! I will repurchase this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to agree with previous reviewer KatieLynn. This shade reads as black indoors......which is where I spend most of my time. But, my husband & I decided to go somewhere and while he was driving, I put my feet up on the dashboard (today was a sunny day)...........and wow, this is so so so gorgeous!
I think that this looks beautiful in direct sunlight. But I'm not so excited about how it looks on me when I'm indoors. I don't know if I will repurchase, because I may not use up this bottle before it turns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I have a hard time finding the right dark red polish that isn't too garish or too dull. RRR is perfect. It actually is a dark ruby red - think Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of OZ, then darkened enough to be sophisticated. It applies smoothly, only needed two coats and wears well. I too get many compliments on this. It's eye-catching without being loud. Fantastic polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

RRR is a lovely color outdoors, but is one of those shades that does nothing for me indoors. On me, this polish leans a lot more toward brown that I've seen on other people. I'm fairly cool toned, so that may be why. It's lovely outside, but just looks muddy and uninteresting indoors (unfortunately, that's where I spend the bulk of my daylight hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by meatkins

I've never gotten compliments on a nail polish color, but I get complimented on this shade almost daily. Four of my friends have bought this polish after seeing me wear it. Very chic and modern shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by underoos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this shade. I bought it a while ago for a pedi thinking at the time it would surely be too dark for my hands, but I busted it out for a mani thinking it might work for Christmas and I'm SO glad I did. Paraphrasing other reviewers: indoors this looks deep red, almost brownish, with a slight hint of shimmer. But in the sunlight! WOW. I drove to the bank today and could NOT take my eyes off my nails on the steering wheel. The red really pops in the light and the color becomes super complex and sparkly without looking gaudy-- it still looks tasteful. I adore it. One coat gives good coverage but two coats makes it really seamless.