July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love Estée Lauder and I wear a lot of the products but this did nothing for me at all. It really was a let down and I found that it did smudge really badly. I had marks from where my eyelashes touched the top of my skin, horrible. I use a few of the double wear products and love the foundation and eye liner and the lash primer plus but this really was awful.
I have shortish eyelashes and the best mascara for me is Lancôme hypnose, I always go back to it, expensive but brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a "Full & Soft" chick . .. but I received this mascara in a gift set. . .. had it for a while and decided to try today.. . .. I definitely was NOT disappointed. . ... it did clump up a tad but it definitely lengthened my lashes. I doubt I would ever PURCHASE it on its own, but I do like the product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only EL mascara that I do not care for. It seems to be dry and clumpy. And for some reason, this really irritates my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a mascara that will make my eyelashes look like a dolls eyelashes. I have been using glamour eyes by Rimmel for years, but I after a while it got dried out. My lashes are long as is but this mascara by Estee Lauder makes it more dramatic, that people think I have false eyelashes on. LOL.. Great product..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by genxer123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Underwhelmed. The formula is dry. Does very little for my lashes except a bit of definition (my lash tips are blonde, so this made them look longer) and a tiny bit of volume.

I have easy lashes, fairly thick and long -- most top-rated drugstore mascaras give me whatever I want: more length, more volume, more curl, more drama . . . I use Stiletto and the Falsies, in both waterproof and not in both cases, and get MUCH better results than EL's Doublewear. (When I wear the two together, as one lovely MUA poster suggested, my eyelashes draw TONS of compliments.)

Oh, and EL's Doublewear, with even just one coat so not very heavy, sucked all the curl out of my lashes. Meh. It's not even waterproof! Just "water resistant." Don't waste your money. Spend a bit more for Chanel, Dior, or Lancome, or spend less at the drugstore (see Paula Begoun's beautypedia site for drugstore recommendations). You'll be happier either way!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. I've tried so many on my sparce spindly lashes & this is the best results yet - makes me look like I've got really long luscious lashes. The only downside is that it doesnt stay a good consistency for long - after about 4-5weeks it starts to go a bit clumpy! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good mascara but not the best. Definetely separates the lashes and makes it long but nothing really special. Defo keeps the curl of the lashes last all day. I've noticed when I use this before I apply my false lashes, I don't need to apply the mascara again because it just looks flawless and keeps it's position.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, despite the fact that it's overpriced. i have long lashes, but this mascara makes them jump off my face. The classic brush easily separates and volumizes lashes and gives impressive length. My lashes feel very soft and the mascara lasts all day. it's water resistant, too. It comes off easily with a water soluble cleanser. I love this stuff. best mascara i've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara without much research here but I am glad I did. The size of the product is smaller than the other HE mascaras I had before. What the product really get me is the promise of no smudging and I have to say it keeps its promise very well.

I did not get any smudge after a full day of wear. With careful application in the morning, there is no clumping, smudging or flaking throughout the entire day. I am really surprised by the result. As much as I enjoyed Lancome and Dior, they always give me a bit smudge at the end of the day.

I have medium length straight asian lashes and this mascara lengthens quite well. It does not weight my lashes down and is able to hold the curl for a satisfying period of time.

I use SAO to remove it and it comes off easily. Also, during the entire process of removing it, there is still next to none smudge. The mascara comes off as little black bits. Even with gentle rubbing around the eye area, I do not get racoon eyes, maybe a little bit of color but this is so much better than other mascaras.

I am very impressed by the formula itself and its ability to keep its promises.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by icing78

Got it in a GWP and love it! I have Asian eye lashes yet I don't have to use lash curler withi this product to lift my lashes. It lengthens and doens't smudge. I think this is comparable to EL's Sumptuous, which is my favorite mascara.