December 19, 2014 | 1197 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

I love Double Wear mascara, it really does stay put and doesn't smudge at all! Makes lashes look great, easy to apply and amazingly easy to remove - comes off just with a dampened cotton wool ball. So eye make up remover is not actually needed.

If it wasn't so pricey, this would be the mascara that I would wear all the time (it lost a point on high price).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This will be my go to mascara from now on. What a great lenghtening mascara! And it doesn't budge until you take it off with either warm water or eye makeup remover. Definately HG status. I have this in Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara made me love my lashes again! It took me years to find a non-smudge, lengthening mascara that worked for my embarrassingly short lashes (most of them would just cause them all to clump together) that I got to the point where I hated all mascaras and thought I might just give up until one day I received this as a free sample, tried it and thought "Wow!"
It's very expensive, though keeps far longer in the tube and has far better results than any chemist brands that most are drawn to for their low price. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the short stubby Asian lashes but when I curl them and use this mascara, it lengthens heaps without being overly dramatic. It does what it promises and does not clump and smudge. Clumping only happens when I leave a coat to dry before applying another. I do like a bit of volume as my lashes are sparse, but I can't expect that from this. It does what is says and I am satisfied with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love Estée Lauder and I wear a lot of the products but this did nothing for me at all. It really was a let down and I found that it did smudge really badly. I had marks from where my eyelashes touched the top of my skin, horrible. I use a few of the double wear products and love the foundation and eye liner and the lash primer plus but this really was awful.
I have shortish eyelashes and the best mascara for me is Lancôme hypnose, I always go back to it, expensive but brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a "Full & Soft" chick . .. but I received this mascara in a gift set. . .. had it for a while and decided to try today.. . .. I definitely was NOT disappointed. . ... it did clump up a tad but it definitely lengthened my lashes. I doubt I would ever PURCHASE it on its own, but I do like the product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only EL mascara that I do not care for. It seems to be dry and clumpy. And for some reason, this really irritates my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally found a mascara that will make my eyelashes look like a dolls eyelashes. I have been using glamour eyes by Rimmel for years, but I after a while it got dried out. My lashes are long as is but this mascara by Estee Lauder makes it more dramatic, that people think I have false eyelashes on. LOL.. Great product..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by genxer123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Underwhelmed. The formula is dry. Does very little for my lashes except a bit of definition (my lash tips are blonde, so this made them look longer) and a tiny bit of volume.

I have easy lashes, fairly thick and long -- most top-rated drugstore mascaras give me whatever I want: more length, more volume, more curl, more drama . . . I use Stiletto and the Falsies, in both waterproof and not in both cases, and get MUCH better results than EL's Doublewear. (When I wear the two together, as one lovely MUA poster suggested, my eyelashes draw TONS of compliments.)

Oh, and EL's Doublewear, with even just one coat so not very heavy, sucked all the curl out of my lashes. Meh. It's not even waterproof! Just "water resistant." Don't waste your money. Spend a bit more for Chanel, Dior, or Lancome, or spend less at the drugstore (see Paula Begoun's beautypedia site for drugstore recommendations). You'll be happier either way!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. I've tried so many on my sparce spindly lashes & this is the best results yet - makes me look like I've got really long luscious lashes. The only downside is that it doesnt stay a good consistency for long - after about 4-5weeks it starts to go a bit clumpy! :(