November 27, 2014 | 1370 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alba Botanica - Un-petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is like Vaseline but made with natural ingredients. Lots of oils in it (another reviewer lists the ingredients below) and I agree, it is a thinner consistency than Vaseline. The same results though, so if you use petroleum products for different uses, this is the natural alternative.

Definitely helps with chapped lips, dry hands or extremities. The only store I could find this at was the nearest Whole Foods. Price was reasonable: around the $6 range and I'd definitely purchase again, more for the fall and winter months and for use at the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by penceldesign

Two words: Miracle Cream.

I am on Accutane for acne, have lupus, and have had perioral dermatitis in the past, so my skin is as sensitive as it comes. The Accutane has made my skin drier than Nancy Pelosi's vag, so I started coating my face and lips with Aquaphor, Cetaphil, and Vaseline to combat the constant flaking. Well, you can probably guess where this story is going; I didn't realize that petroleum aggravated perioral dermatitis, and it came back worse than ever before. My dermatologist couldn't put me back on antibiotics since I'm on such I high dose of Accutane, and I didn't know what to do! Without the Aquaphor my lips were so dry they were bleeding. Enter Alba Un-Petroleum. After only 2 days, the redness, pain, burning, flaking, and embarrassment are almost completely gone. This product is incredibly soothing, doesn't exacerbate my acne, and it's so inexpensive!!! The only con is that it makes my face really greasy and shiny. After the PD is resolved I will just use it to spot treat dry patches from the Accutane, and maybe as a nighttime moisturizer. I am ditching petroleum forever, as well as cutting SLS and flouride out of my life. May the "muzzle rash" never return!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by theaterbunny

This is, hands down, my favorite night-time moisturizer. During the winter nights (and sometimes the summer) it is a life-saver for dry skin, and sometimes I will use a very thin layer of it under my liquid makeup as a primer. I use it carefully, since it can make you look very oily, so I usually only wear it to bed.
Smell: The smell is alright. I actually love it, thought I'm not sure why.
Packaging: Great. I love the sanitary application (no pots, thank God!), and I really love the bright bottle. It reminds me that it is there.
Price: I paid 18 bucks for this back in November or December of '09. It is now the end of April '10, and I still have quite a bit left. Not bad, since I use it for my hands and chapped elbows as well. I will most definitely repurchase as soon as I feel I am in danger of running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this product. I bought it as an alternative to regular petroleum jelly and it works wonders. It is thinner in consistency than petroleum jelly but it is still on a thick side. Melts fast but it takes a while to absorb. I dont mind this as I use it overnight.

Ive had seriously chapped and dry hands because of my job (frequent washing). Using this nightly for less than a week gave my hands a total makeover. Now I can go back to using my regular lotions, but I still like to use this at least once a week as a hand mask. I also use it on my lips, and I swear it is the best lip gloss ever! My feet (especially heels), elbows, and other typically dry areas love this as well. All in all, a great and much healthier alternative than plain ol petroleum jelly. A little goes a long way, and this one tube will last me a year!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff for lips, cuticles, feet and other dry spots if you are looking for an alternative to petroleum jelly. The consistency is a bit thinner than petroleum jelly, which I like. A little goes a long way so I'll repurchase at some point, but I won't have to any time soon. My only wish it that it came in a small travel size, too!

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Standards:
Non-petroleum; made without petrolatum, paraffin or mineral oil
No synthetic fragrances or colors
No parabens
Hypo-allergenic
100% vegetarian ingredients and no animal testing

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff!!! Works wonderfully on extremely dry patches of skin that I get on my hands and feet! Way better than vaseline IMO!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I, too, love this product. When I first purchased it I wasn't sure exactly what to do with it - but I now use it freely at night on my face after I have applied my nightime moisturizers. I especially like to use it around my mouth and eyes. Not only does it seem to help hold in the product I have just put on my face, it also seems to moisturize and makes my face look and feel great in the morning. I think you could use this product anywhere - face, hands, elbows, feet - at night to soften your skin. I also use vaseline but this product seems less likely to clog pores on my face...so that is primarily where I use it. Also, since I have to order it on line I am a little greedy with it. Next time I purchase it I will buy more than one tube, I know that. Good product and I want to throw out a thank you - as others have - to Kandee Johnson. She provides great basic make up advice with a heart.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I am enjoying this product. I heard about it from a make-up artist on You Tube how she uses it to seal in moisture over night. It does feel pretty luxurious and like is sealing and protecting my face. I love the natural ingredients and it can be used to take of eye make-up - it was even more effective than my clinique eye makeup remover! This is a multi-purpose beauty tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by justbeverly

This product is awesome. It's totally replaced my addiction to petroleum jelly for chapped lips and more.
I started using it under my eyes as an extra boost. My under eye area was really dry and I can see an improvement after just a few weeks. Thanks Kandee from YouTube!

Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by meisje1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Got it only since they don't sell it in my country. I absolutely love this, it works wonders on dry areas but it does not clogs your pores what so ever. It is very thick but as I said it does not clog my pores or irritate my skin. I love this!