April 20, 2014 | 1730 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by catherinee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because people said it was like nars orgasm. Luckily for me, I bought it 50% off and am very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this blush, I been using it for about 2 years. It's a lovely rosey/bubblegum pink with gold shimmer.

I have roughly NC20-25 skin and this looks really natural on me. I don't use loads, just enough to give me some subtle colour and look a bit more alive. :)

I am actually going to go against the grain and say that I like the brush that it comes with! I find it really easy to apply with the brush, just one or 2 sweeps, and then I use the other side to blend.

I agree that after the first few uses the blush does harden somewhat so it takes a bit more effort to get colour on to the brush. However, this is not too much of an issue for me.

Once the blush is on my cheeks its not as shimmery as it looks in the pan which is good cos I don't want to look like a glitter ball.

My favourite blush, I have another colour, forgot which one, which is also nice, but this is my staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by yellowcard101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love these blushes. i have two. one in rose frisson #54. the colour payoff is not good, but the trick is to get ur brush damp and then it works really well. just worried about the surface hardening overtime. i got this for only 3.99$. the second blush i have is lilas do`r. the colour payoff is better. i loveeee the smell. haha i am a huge scent person. it is not overwelming, just nice. i dont have any regrets about this product. and it has an amazing gold shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Irenetennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bourjois blush quite a long ago and i definetely wouldnt buy it again. Even though it has a perfect colour that makes you buy it from the very fist moment, and its smell is nice, the texture is not what i expected. The colour is poor when you put it on face and it doesnt glide to give that clear definition of the blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Romana003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this blush- it is a staple of my makeup collection. I find that it gives me the same kind of rosey-peachy glow that NARS Orgasm blush gives me; it is subtle, but nonetheless flattering. And I think it is particularly flattering on skin that is perhaps a bit more fair with more neutral/warm undertones. For this reason, I also prefer to wear this color when wearing neutral/warm colors, as I think the peachiness of the color might clash/make your skin look drab if you're wearing jewel tones or cooler colors. I also find that on me, the color has good staying power, and I don't need to put a ton of it on in order for the color to show. Its pleasant rose-scent also adds to the feminine appeal of the product. Though perhaps not for everyone, I do like the shape of the brush- it is curved slightly to conform to the shape of the blush, and it fits neatly inside the container, making it a perfect product to carry around in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day. What's more, its shape also makes it helpful in applying the blush to the apples of the cheeks- I find the curve fits the contour of my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I bought this over a month ago. This blush is pretty average in performance and quality to me.

PROS: (1) lovely soft rosy color with a shot of gold flecks to warm up the cheeks. (2) even though the packaging is kind of cheap, I like it, itís cute with a little mirror in the inside. (3) when applied right and perfectly blended, it appears natural and warm. (4) lovely soft rosy scent. Normally I donít like my blushes to be scented, but this is an exception. (5) can be applied sheer, or a little more intense.

CONS: (1) this blush is baked and therefore- hard. It takes a lot of effort to pick up any color. It was easy the first few times, but then it hardened in a matter of days. (2) because it is hard to get an even amount of color on my blush, this results in some uneven application. (3) Not as much gold flecks in here as I thought. Once I got through the first few layers, the glitter became less obvious and more dispersed. (4) the brush that comes with it is rubbish, I think it is only there for decor. (5) Made me break out with a little bit of cosmetic acne. I think this had more to do with me trying to vigourasly blend it in.

Overall not bad, but I am disappointed in the quality of this product. Thankfully, this is not a unique color to the brand, I should easily be able to find a replacement. Overall, not bad for a drug store blush though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by clarefp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

love the rosey-ness of this blush, like the little mirror on the inside which is handy. lovely smell!

its not expensive and i find it works for me, but have not tried liquid/cream blushes so may not be the best out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by isap0007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing about it: the smell!! it's really good, i've never had a blush that smelled so good.
Now the colour itself is really pretty, it's a shimmery light pink and it is very flattering on light skin. The only problem i have with it is that you have to put a lot of it to actually show. And I also would like it to have a little less shimmer, but it's ok for nighttime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

the brush is terrible, very prickly and hard to handle.
the blush itself is really nice, it has a faint rose smell
at first i thought the shimmer was too intense, but once i blended i out, it gave me a nice glow
i have pale sensitive skin and this blush looks nice on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shade of blush is gorgeous! I am a massive fan of the Bourjois brand, mostly of their powders. The smell of their products are so lady-like and rosey I can't understand why some people are turned off by it. The size of this blush is probably the only real gripe I have with the product. It's very small and like others have said, it's difficult for a normal-sized brush to absorb any of the product. Also, the brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Can't comment on the quality of the casing, however, I've had Bourjois powders before and have not had any problems with the product drying out. Drop it on the floor, however, and your pwder will be smashed into a trillion bits. The shade is very pink with a lovely dusting of gold shimmer. I'm extremely pale, but the shimmer doesn't actually overpower me at all. It gives me a healthy, "glowy" look when applied to the apple of my cheeks. If you're in the market for a girlish, true pink I highly recommend.