November 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by blondepearl

Meh. I know it's a baked blush- but its pretty much impossible to get a good amount of color on my brush. And the pigment could be better. Lorac's baked blushes don't have that problem. I know this sounds strange and the brush is waaaay too small- but for some reason when i used that brush instead of my normal ones i got more color on my cheeks? Strange. Bourjouis has dissapointed me once again, previously with their Smokey Effet eyeliner. But I do like the style of the packaging. That's the only reason I gave it another lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

C'est l'amour! I adore this blush--it's so pretty and to me it smells like candy (that's my experience anyway)! I have many blushes, but this one is special. Even on days I don't wear it, I love to smell it. I won't describe this blush because it's already been done, but I just had to rave about it! I don't even mind the fact that the blush hardens with time; I have a very stiff small "kabuki" brush I got with something else that works great with this. The only downside is that I'm now addicted to Bourjois blushes--I want them all--but they're not available where I live. I just ordered a set with Rose de Jaspe in it, so I can keep one blush at home and carry one with me. Because it's all things French and lovely inside a sweet little pot!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

I dont like this! I was soooo exited to try this out, just because it looked so pretty in the box. Finally my aunt gave me a coupon so I could get this blush for free. See I got it, and I just wish I'd spend my money on something else. I'm blond, blue eyed, and my skin is like 02. I look like a clown when I wear this!!! It's way too dark. So If your skin is light I would not recommend this.. maybe it works for others but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by starallen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had this back in college, it was one of my first Sephora purchases and I wasn't crazy about it back then. For some weird reason, I decided to give it another try... perhaps because the brands we have in the country I now reside in are limited and I had to lower my standards from what they were in the US... anyway it's not terrible, but it's not all that and a bag of chips either.

The color is quite pretty, a cool bubble-gum pink balanced with gold shimmer. The trouble comes when you apply it to your cheeks...

The formula is rock hard and does not blend easily at all, the skin on my cheeks is very smooth (unlike chin, nose and forehead) and other blushes go on like butter without any difficulty blending. Not this puppy! You have to practically grind it into your skin and it's hard to get both cheeks to match as it will cling to any (previously invisible) flakes of dry skin. I've had better luck with a duo-fiber, but over all it's not my cup of tea. It has a mirror inside and the package is cute, although the brush it comes with is absurdly useless!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by catherinee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because people said it was like nars orgasm. Luckily for me, I bought it 50% off and am very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this blush, I been using it for about 2 years. It's a lovely rosey/bubblegum pink with gold shimmer.

I have roughly NC20-25 skin and this looks really natural on me. I don't use loads, just enough to give me some subtle colour and look a bit more alive. :)

I am actually going to go against the grain and say that I like the brush that it comes with! I find it really easy to apply with the brush, just one or 2 sweeps, and then I use the other side to blend.

I agree that after the first few uses the blush does harden somewhat so it takes a bit more effort to get colour on to the brush. However, this is not too much of an issue for me.

Once the blush is on my cheeks its not as shimmery as it looks in the pan which is good cos I don't want to look like a glitter ball.

My favourite blush, I have another colour, forgot which one, which is also nice, but this is my staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by yellowcard101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love these blushes. i have two. one in rose frisson #54. the colour payoff is not good, but the trick is to get ur brush damp and then it works really well. just worried about the surface hardening overtime. i got this for only 3.99$. the second blush i have is lilas do`r. the colour payoff is better. i loveeee the smell. haha i am a huge scent person. it is not overwelming, just nice. i dont have any regrets about this product. and it has an amazing gold shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Irenetennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bourjois blush quite a long ago and i definetely wouldnt buy it again. Even though it has a perfect colour that makes you buy it from the very fist moment, and its smell is nice, the texture is not what i expected. The colour is poor when you put it on face and it doesnt glide to give that clear definition of the blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Romana003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this blush- it is a staple of my makeup collection. I find that it gives me the same kind of rosey-peachy glow that NARS Orgasm blush gives me; it is subtle, but nonetheless flattering. And I think it is particularly flattering on skin that is perhaps a bit more fair with more neutral/warm undertones. For this reason, I also prefer to wear this color when wearing neutral/warm colors, as I think the peachiness of the color might clash/make your skin look drab if you're wearing jewel tones or cooler colors. I also find that on me, the color has good staying power, and I don't need to put a ton of it on in order for the color to show. Its pleasant rose-scent also adds to the feminine appeal of the product. Though perhaps not for everyone, I do like the shape of the brush- it is curved slightly to conform to the shape of the blush, and it fits neatly inside the container, making it a perfect product to carry around in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day. What's more, its shape also makes it helpful in applying the blush to the apples of the cheeks- I find the curve fits the contour of my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I bought this over a month ago. This blush is pretty average in performance and quality to me.

PROS: (1) lovely soft rosy color with a shot of gold flecks to warm up the cheeks. (2) even though the packaging is kind of cheap, I like it, itís cute with a little mirror in the inside. (3) when applied right and perfectly blended, it appears natural and warm. (4) lovely soft rosy scent. Normally I donít like my blushes to be scented, but this is an exception. (5) can be applied sheer, or a little more intense.

CONS: (1) this blush is baked and therefore- hard. It takes a lot of effort to pick up any color. It was easy the first few times, but then it hardened in a matter of days. (2) because it is hard to get an even amount of color on my blush, this results in some uneven application. (3) Not as much gold flecks in here as I thought. Once I got through the first few layers, the glitter became less obvious and more dispersed. (4) the brush that comes with it is rubbish, I think it is only there for decor. (5) Made me break out with a little bit of cosmetic acne. I think this had more to do with me trying to vigourasly blend it in.

Overall not bad, but I am disappointed in the quality of this product. Thankfully, this is not a unique color to the brand, I should easily be able to find a replacement. Overall, not bad for a drug store blush though.