TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 11/11/2012 9:47:00 PM

I loooooove this powder. After some crappy experiences with translucent powders (not really translucent, not milled fine enough, cakey looking, doesn't set foundation, emphasized dry spots, etcetc..) I found one that does none of these things! I think I have used powders that were milled finer but they were more like foundations, not setting powders, so I can understand the texture. This powder also somehow makes my bbcream better match my face, even tho it's colorless it has I don't know maybe a warmness to it? I'm not sure how it works lol but it definitely doesn't make me look lighter or ashey, just smooth and poreless and..natural. My makeup doesn't transfer withb this powder (which is was before) and it doesn't alter the look of my contouring or bronzing efforts when dusted over all that. I'm not a super oily person, so I can't speak to the oil control but the sides of my nose do get smudgy after a some time and I don't find that happens with this powder on. Since I'm mostly dry I was worried this would emphasize flakes but nope, it doesn't! Insread it sort of settled beneath flakes instead of right on top of them so they're less noticible. This powder is like 25 bucks at Duane Reade but you may be able to score it cheaper at TJMaxx or Marshall's. Just make sure ilt's not tampered with, it's not sealed, it just has a carboard sleeve. If you're gonna carry it around do not chuck the sleeve! The box is only magnetic. Also, you will need a fluffy brush preferably synthetic to avoid getting to much product (and you don't need much at all). Other than that an excellent buy!

on 10/25/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!! I never thought that a powder would help get through the day with my oily/greasy skin....all i have to do is apply this on my foundation, no touch ups or anything, once a day will save me! I don't have to worry about being a shiny disco ball any more :P The price is a little off, but it's worth it..

on 10/10/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very shiny skin and this just works okay. It doesn't come with a brush or sponge to apply with which is really inconvenient. I find that a sponge works best because it gets enough product. I also buy Lancome dual finish powder and I find that price per gram the Lancome is actually cheaper. I will stick with that.

on 8/24/2012 9:30:00 AM

I find that this powder does help mattify my face and reapplying it later in the day does not make my face look cakey. I would not repurchase this powder because it is difficult to pick up with my powder brush. The powder is feels dry, not soft or smooth, doesn't look amazing on dry skin as it can make your skin look dull.

on 8/1/2012 6:46:00 AM

I found out about this product on MUA while searching for a good translucent powder. I've been using it for 3 months now and I really love it! It does what it's supposed to. It keeps me matte for hours. I like how this is translucent so I don't have to worry about it not matching my skin tone. I like that it doesn't accentuate my pores/fine lines/dry patches. Even if you apply a ton of product, it doesn't look cakey. You only need a little though. I put this on top of my Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream and I'm good to go. It also keeps my makeup in place so I dust a little over my lids. Also, I like that it doesn't have a smell, unline the Palladio Rice Powder which I tried but was a too fragranced for my liking. I only need to reapply this once a day since my skin is not that oily. I'd definitely repurchase this and I highly recommend it. I so love this and I hope they never discontinue this product.

on 7/22/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After using this for three months I think I can safely review this now. This powder works really well, it makes me much less shiny, the only part of my face that ever needs a touch up is my nose, but thats to be expected. Also I love the packaging, its adorable and is small enough to fit anywhere. Love love love. Also you can find it cheap on amazon.

on 5/14/2012 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use mineral makeup, matte foundation in fair and mineral veil from Bareminerals.
I like this pressed powder because its translucent so it works with my fair skintone, it does take away shine, for longer than mineral veil, and it is compact. The packaging is cute but I wold have liked if it came with a brush or something.

on 5/12/2012 6:55:00 PM

This product is amazing... It works well on me, no color ,matte and anti shine. I have a combination type of skin and it is perfect on t-zone.

I purchased this product because of the adorable pin-up girl packaging and also because the quality of TheBalm is great! Sexy Mam is claimed to be a translucent setting powder. Even though for the most part I really enjoy TheBalm products, I'm so-so on this one. I have oily skin so setting powder is essential towards my make up routine. I found that even though this works it does something to my skin I don't like. I often see a "peach fuzz"-like affect on my skin. I can wear it down, but then the powder is basically off. Its so-so, my Maybelline Dream Matte Setting Powder is a lot better. I would not repurchase this.

on 4/24/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product.
I use this with TheBalm's TM in medium.
Since it is so finely milled, I apply with a synthetic brush. If I don't use a synthetic brush, powder ends up looking overdone.
If I overpowder myself, I simply use a setting spray, and I look perfect again.
This is the first setting powder that I've hit pan on, which is a testament to how much I actually like it.
Makeup lasts all day unless I am in extreme humidity or get very sweaty.

Recommended for Normal Skin