TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.3

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 8/24/2012 9:30:00 AM

I find that this powder does help mattify my face and reapplying it later in the day does not make my face look cakey. I would not repurchase this powder because it is difficult to pick up with my powder brush. The powder is feels dry, not soft or smooth, doesn't look amazing on dry skin as it can make your skin look dull.

on 8/1/2012 6:46:00 AM

I found out about this product on MUA while searching for a good translucent powder. I've been using it for 3 months now and I really love it! It does what it's supposed to. It keeps me matte for hours. I like how this is translucent so I don't have to worry about it not matching my skin tone. I like that it doesn't accentuate my pores/fine lines/dry patches. Even if you apply a ton of product, it doesn't look cakey. You only need a little though. I put this on top of my Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream and I'm good to go. It also keeps my makeup in place so I dust a little over my lids. Also, I like that it doesn't have a smell, unline the Palladio Rice Powder which I tried but was a too fragranced for my liking. I only need to reapply this once a day since my skin is not that oily. I'd definitely repurchase this and I highly recommend it. I so love this and I hope they never discontinue this product.

on 7/22/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After using this for three months I think I can safely review this now. This powder works really well, it makes me much less shiny, the only part of my face that ever needs a touch up is my nose, but thats to be expected. Also I love the packaging, its adorable and is small enough to fit anywhere. Love love love. Also you can find it cheap on amazon.

on 5/14/2012 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use mineral makeup, matte foundation in fair and mineral veil from Bareminerals.
I like this pressed powder because itīs translucent so it works with my fair skintone, it does take away shine, for longer than mineral veil, and it is compact. The packaging is cute but I wold have liked if it came with a brush or something.

on 5/12/2012 6:55:00 PM

This product is amazing... It works well on me, no color ,matte and anti shine. I have a combination type of skin and it is perfect on t-zone.

I purchased this product because of the adorable pin-up girl packaging and also because the quality of TheBalm is great! Sexy Mam is claimed to be a translucent setting powder. Even though for the most part I really enjoy TheBalm products, I'm so-so on this one. I have oily skin so setting powder is essential towards my make up routine. I found that even though this works it does something to my skin I don't like. I often see a "peach fuzz"-like affect on my skin. I can wear it down, but then the powder is basically off. Its so-so, my Maybelline Dream Matte Setting Powder is a lot better. I would not repurchase this.

on 4/24/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product.
I use this with TheBalm's TM in medium.
Since it is so finely milled, I apply with a synthetic brush. If I don't use a synthetic brush, powder ends up looking overdone.
If I overpowder myself, I simply use a setting spray, and I look perfect again.
This is the first setting powder that I've hit pan on, which is a testament to how much I actually like it.
Makeup lasts all day unless I am in extreme humidity or get very sweaty.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

It's like any pressed powder out there.... A bit orange though. Nice if you have really oily skin which I don't have...

on 4/24/2012 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this in my T-zone.

It really is just a setting powder - it doesn`t provide a silky finish like some other powders can do for me.
This is both a plus and a minus; the plus is that the foundation finish doens`t change - and it really doen`t give any colour.
The minus is of course that a silky veil finish is very pretty(but also very often breaks me out, and can face in strange ways during the evening)

I read a review that warned against putting on to much/several times, and I agree.
It looks good(gives a matte finish nothing more and nothing less) if I put some on - but gives a strange finish when I put on too much(and by too much I mean what I would normally apply if it was a ordinary powder).

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! I've had this powder close to a year now and while I've definitely made a dent, I haven't hit pan even with everyday use and a few touchups.

I have fair, dry, sensitive skin but no acne (just mild redness), although my skin can look a little shiny on occasion despite its dryness. I don't wear foundation, just a bit of highlighting concealer around my nose, chin, and under eyes, and this is perfect to set the concealer and give a soft matte glowy look to my skin. I don't look shiny ever with this on but it doesn't give a flat look, more like a soft velvety diffused look. It does a great job at blurring pores and giving an even look to the skin without looking cakey (even after multiple touchups!) and I don't feel the need to reapply it during the day :) One light application with a buffing brush in the morning and I am good to go :)

Packing is so cute with the retro vibe and since it's truly translucent, it gives no white cast in photos.

Here's to flawless skin with TheBalm's Sexy Mama!

**I will most likely repurchase if I can find it as I bought it on sale when thebalm was being cleared from my local drugstore. I kind of want to try Mac MSFN so I may not repurchase but it definitely is worth it :)

Recommended for Normal Skin