April 23, 2014 | 982 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this foundation. I should have known better than buying it without getting samples first.
I saw the problems myself and when my husband got home he said that it made me look like I had wrinkles (I do, but they do not stand out with my normal Sheer Miracle mineral makeup). He also told me that it looked like a plastic mask and went on to relay to me what his grandmother looked like at the funeral home.
I am happy so many of you like it so much. I guess different things work for different people.
Why, oh why have I bought another expensive item to be thrown in the trash?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My mother purchased this item, however for some odd reason they gave her a shade that was definitely too dark for her skintone. Seeing as to how I have a darker complexion, I decided to start using it. I didn't realize it was for mature skin until I read the other reviews, but regardless, I don't see the harm in continuing to use it. I use a mac 187 stippling brush to apply the product in a thin layer. I do so by ONLY stippling (no swirling) to achieve that 'airbrushed' look.

In my opinion, this product does not immediately look phenomenal - it takes some time for it to attain that 'dewy' look..but once it does - it is gorgeous. The only thing I dislike about this product is that if I examine my face closely (if my nose is almost touching the mirror) I can see the foundation sitting somewhat ON my skin. I don't know if this is just because I am examining my face too closely, but every foundation i've used has done this. Overall, I love the way it makes my face look (so beautifully smooth - this has never been achieved by the other foundations that I have tried) but not when I am microexamining my own face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Provides great coverage and like all dior foundations comes in good shades. It felt rather thick and sticky of a texture on my skin. Not at all as smooth as nude, forever or airflash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST! i didn't think foundation could look so natural yet still cover. i used this as an undereye concealer and it looked so much better than my lancome concealer. WOW. I can't afford this but i am goinng to get it when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again. It is the best foundation I have ever used. Having a bit of dry skin now at my age, I needed a smooth finish and formula that did not cake on my skin. In the past I have had a lot of trouble finding a good color match as well. Finally, I tried the Dior Capture Totale. I admit to being hesitant at first because of the price; it is a lot of money for a foundation. But you get what you pay for, and if it works for you it is worth it. You can spend a lot of money buying cheaper brands that don't work and end up being thrown out, or sitting in a cabinet drawer. This product does everything it says it will. It gives light, even, smooth coverage with just a drop or two. It gives skin a youthful luminescence and light, and covers well without caking. It adds moisture without being greasy, heavy, or thick. I cannot believe how Dior came up with this formula, but I am grateful that they did! It contains a serum, so is skincare as well as makeup. It also contains some sunscreen. It is buildable, but one or two pumps are generally more than enough; and it does not sit on top of the skin, but melts into it giving an amazing finish.

I have worn this foundation for about one month now, and I am pleased with it as when I first tried it. The SA recommended 010 Ivory for me, and she was right. It looks very natural, light-infused, and youthful. I could not be happier.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Queenkitty03

I'm a makeup artist and even I have a hard time finding a good foundation. I've always liked the way Estee Lauder double wear gave me coverage, but I felt like it clogged my pores, so I'm on my next journey for the perfect foundation and unfortunately, it won't be ending with Capture totale. I applied it with an HD brush so there should've been a full but light coverage throughout the day, but after about two hours, I looked about 10 years older. The foundation was falling, and it was so shiny! I used the Dior Hydraction hydrating serum prior to it, as recommended, and it was just an absolute failure. Not worth $75 ;(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to spoil everybody's fun, but I must make something clear here.

This silly generalization that mature skin invariably means its dry and shriveled like a prune is really getting old (pardon the pun). At 56-going-on-57-years-old anybody will tell you I'm pretty ripe. But that does NOT mean that I have dry, shriveled skin. On the contrary, while my skin is not quite as oily as it was when I was young, it still IS oily.

So what about mature gals with oily skin, like me? Right, most of us don't have deep-crease wrinkles all over our face (in fact, I have been diagnosed with looking a good 10 years younger than I am, on occasions), but that does not mean we don't have other skin problems that come with age. There is nothing more irritating (for me) than testing those "for mature skin" products and finding that 99% of them are thick, gooey concoctions, greasy enough to be used for basting. We oily skin gals DO eventually graduate from Clean & Clear, you know.

Which brings me to the foundation in question,. I will not, of course, say that it's a bad product. But ladies with "mature" oily skin might want to be careful with this one. I tried it and all I got was an oily slick (even after setting with powder). It felt thick, didn't really offer that much coverage, pooled in my pores and made me so shiny, I must have been reported by every satellite floating in outer space.

I have no doubt that this product works wonders on women with dry skin. But I'll have to give it a pass.

Memo to cosmetic companies: try to diversify your concept of mature, do us a favor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I was excited to try this, because I love the capture totale line (yes i know it's for mature skin) and I can't really say that it's HD or full coverage. Not sure if it is supposed to be full coverage though..it's light coverage and very moisturzing so my oily skin did not like it...
didn't like the texture...would only reccomend to mature ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by 38young

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my second purchase of 020 shade of Dior's Capture Totale liquid foundation. I have fair skin with a slight olive undertone. Although expensive, a little goes a long way and the pump dispenser ensures that none is wasted. I apply this with my fingers although a foundation brush also does the trick. The foundation boasts SPF15 as well as anti-ageing benefits. The product gives a medium coverage which can be increased with use of more product. The end result is a slightly dewy finish which looks very natural and feels soft and supple. Buy this on Strawberry net to ensure you're not paying premium department store prices. Will defintely re purchase (my third bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

I have combo skin, very sensitive prone to breakout and this works like dream! The Dior artist told me to apply lightly with brush and just focus on undereye, nose, and cheekbone area. After that, I dust a light amount of loose powder over and get a flawless, soft look. I am light/med golden and use 031 (Sand), but in winter wear 020 (Cameo). NOTE: Do not overapply this foundation as it will look heavy. Using the brush is key! Also, on pics, this makeup makes you look like a movie star- for a generally non-photogenic person, I LOVE my pics!!! Highly recommended :-)