Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/10/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I panned this product in an earlier review because I received a sample of this and of Chanel's Vitalumiere Fluid Foundation at the same time. Comparatively, the Vitalumiere felt initially better on and Capture Totale felt heavier on my skin. This was in summer. Having said that, I changed my mind because we moved to Paris dead in the middle of winter and Vitalumiere just couldn't cut it...my skin just did not feel protected from the bitter dry air and the makeup just did not seem to stay.

Decided to try my Capture Totale sample again and this time, the "heaviness" of the foundation felt more like a better barrier against the climate. When I purchased the full bottle, I did not regret it...pretty good product especially in winter. My skin felt protected, it definitely gave a better coverage than Vitalumiere and I was surprised I could have been so wrong about Capture Totale in the first place. The price is steep for a foundation, but would repurchase again.

I decided to buy this product because I was amazed by the quality of Dior's other foundation, The Lifting Foundation (it firms and tightens my skin like a miracle). And this product was nothing like that.

I bought this foundation cos I loved the idea that it got nutrients, vitamins, and kind da like a skincare plus foundation concept. So I thought it's worth my money. But the quality was very disappointing.

It's heavy, thick, and the colour doesn't suit my skintone. It's too orange for me. I bought it last summer and I stopped cos it's too heavy, then I waited to re-use it again in winter, but still NO GOOD.

I have combination skin and it turned my skin Oily...hahaha...probably it's too rich for me.

on 5/2/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

After my foundation was discontinued- I tried this- I have been very happy with the results- you just need to really take the time to get the proper shade- and the selection of colors is different than what I was used to-plus the treatment for skin is in the product so it is a different formula - I also do the capture totale serum and cream and capture totale eye cream and the dior skin flash primer on with a smash box primer- my skin looks and feels fabulous! I took me time to find a new routine and I use CLP loose powder to set it and carry with me the diorskin pressed powder- the shade of the diorskin loose powder just was not right- really beautiful luminous skin- I love it!

on 3/27/2010 10:16:00 AM

I generally think that you get what you pay for, but in this case, no way! I love foundation and caved in to a real pushy salesperson who talked me into this. I really wanted to love this. But I have to say that I hated the way this foundation settled into every freaking line and pore that I have and became cakey during the day. This made me look worse than many cheap drugstore brands. dont waste your money.

on 3/21/2010 2:06:00 PM

This foundation leaves a nice feathery-light finish that smooths out the imperfections in my skin without looking too mask-like. It blends easily and covers well. I like the pump-style container as well.

The only thing I don't care for is the SPF. I figure, if I want SPF, I'll buy SPF. I'd rather not have it forced on me in other products. This foundation, however, is one of the few that doesn't seem weighted down by the addition of SPF.

on 3/7/2010 12:46:00 AM

I am 39 years old, Asian, pink undertone, and have combo skin with Tzone. This product is expensive. The color I bought was Sand which I thought was too orange for me but suggested by the SA. I don't mind paying more for a product as long as I enjoy the product and it gives me results. This product, like others in the reviews, looked so good when I first put it on and for the next 4 hours but then later in the day it looked like someone put their hands on my face and smushed my makeup. It looked terrible! Even with translucent powder for my oily areas in the Tzone and primer, it did not help. It literally looked like the makeup was falling off my face. I wanted to love this product so much. I did not even sample it as I wanted to love it! I read rave reviews in Sephora for this product so I bought it. I bought it at Nordstrom. The salesperson was very nice when I returned it. When I put this product on my face, it was cool and went on so smooth. It was absolutely beautiful (except a little too orange). I didn't need concealer or even moisterizer, it was that good in the morning. It hid the sun damage on my cheeks and my uneven skin tone. I did not break out or have skin irritation. I used a cheap foundation brush and it looked great. It felt like I had no makeup on face, it was natural even though it covered my blemishes and skin damage very well.
The packaging for the product is beautiful. It has a beautiful pump. The bottle is glass and a bit heavy so you know the quality (of the bottle) is very good. The only downside is the pump can't be removed once you have finished the product which I feel is a waste of a bottle that can be reused or recycled. I understand the pump is unremovable so the product stays fresh and uncontaminated but still what a waste of beautful glass.
If you want to try this product, I suggest sample it first. It was $75 when I bought it in January 2010 in Portland, Oregon. Try a range of colors so you find one that is suitable to you.
When I went to buy this product at Nordstrom, I did not have a good experience with the SA. The SA was young so maybe she was not experienced with customer service. I told her I would like this product but was not sure what color. She looked at the side of my face and told me Sand. I looked at it and told her I thought it was too orange. She told me I had an orange undertone. I told her I had on bronzer and maybe that was why I looked like I had an orange undertone. She again told me I had an orange undertone. She put the Sand on my hand and showed me that it matched my hand. Well, my hand and my face are two different colors. She gave me the product and I bought it because I thought she is a SA who must know what she is doing and since this was my first foundation purchase I just didn't know anything.
My point is: Trust your instincts. No one knows your skin better than you.
I could have returned the product and tried a different color but I did not because of the oiliness of the product. If it was not for the oiliness and wrong color, it would have been perfect!

on 2/8/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently ended up using my Kanebo foundation and was surching for a new foundation. I have tested tiny jars (samples) made by S.A.'s from Helena Rubinstein Liquid light, Guerlain Parure Gold, Dior Capture foundation, Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate radiance.
This is the worst among the one I've tested. Really terrible. Cannot understand that someone wants this on skin. Sorry, but this is not- done! This is paint with particles to reflect light. Very made up look with this foundation. I have dry skin so I have to put a bit more then one pump for face, neck,...If you want to look like made up, then this is it. No men likes to see that kind of paint on the skin. Realistic? I really do not understand how reviewers can call this natural! I don't want like a doll. Using less then one pump is not the goal of this product. This product definitely wants to cover, not to make your skin beautiful. I didn't ended up using the large sample. Also very chemical.

on 1/28/2010 5:22:00 PM

Wanted to love this foundation. I should have known better than buying it without getting samples first.
I saw the problems myself and when my husband got home he said that it made me look like I had wrinkles (I do, but they do not stand out with my normal Sheer Miracle mineral makeup). He also told me that it looked like a plastic mask and went on to relay to me what his grandmother looked like at the funeral home.
I am happy so many of you like it so much. I guess different things work for different people.
Why, oh why have I bought another expensive item to be thrown in the trash?

on 1/28/2010 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mother purchased this item, however for some odd reason they gave her a shade that was definitely too dark for her skintone. Seeing as to how I have a darker complexion, I decided to start using it. I didn't realize it was for mature skin until I read the other reviews, but regardless, I don't see the harm in continuing to use it. I use a mac 187 stippling brush to apply the product in a thin layer. I do so by ONLY stippling (no swirling) to achieve that 'airbrushed' look.

In my opinion, this product does not immediately look phenomenal - it takes some time for it to attain that 'dewy' look..but once it does - it is gorgeous. The only thing I dislike about this product is that if I examine my face closely (if my nose is almost touching the mirror) I can see the foundation sitting somewhat ON my skin. I don't know if this is just because I am examining my face too closely, but every foundation i've used has done this. Overall, I love the way it makes my face look (so beautifully smooth - this has never been achieved by the other foundations that I have tried) but not when I am microexamining my own face.

on 1/24/2010 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Provides great coverage and like all dior foundations comes in good shades. It felt rather thick and sticky of a texture on my skin. Not at all as smooth as nude, forever or airflash.