December 20, 2014 | 910 users online

Liquid - Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Lesa63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After my foundation was discontinued- I tried this- I have been very happy with the results- you just need to really take the time to get the proper shade- and the selection of colors is different than what I was used to-plus the treatment for skin is in the product so it is a different formula - I also do the capture totale serum and cream and capture totale eye cream and the dior skin flash primer on with a smash box primer- my skin looks and feels fabulous! I took me time to find a new routine and I use CLP loose powder to set it and carry with me the diorskin pressed powder- the shade of the diorskin loose powder just was not right- really beautiful luminous skin- I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally think that you get what you pay for, but in this case, no way! I love foundation and caved in to a real pushy salesperson who talked me into this. I really wanted to love this. But I have to say that I hated the way this foundation settled into every freaking line and pore that I have and became cakey during the day. This made me look worse than many cheap drugstore brands. dont waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation leaves a nice feathery-light finish that smooths out the imperfections in my skin without looking too mask-like. It blends easily and covers well. I like the pump-style container as well.

The only thing I don't care for is the SPF. I figure, if I want SPF, I'll buy SPF. I'd rather not have it forced on me in other products. This foundation, however, is one of the few that doesn't seem weighted down by the addition of SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by winterorchid

I am 39 years old, Asian, pink undertone, and have combo skin with Tzone. This product is expensive. The color I bought was Sand which I thought was too orange for me but suggested by the SA. I don't mind paying more for a product as long as I enjoy the product and it gives me results. This product, like others in the reviews, looked so good when I first put it on and for the next 4 hours but then later in the day it looked like someone put their hands on my face and smushed my makeup. It looked terrible! Even with translucent powder for my oily areas in the Tzone and primer, it did not help. It literally looked like the makeup was falling off my face. I wanted to love this product so much. I did not even sample it as I wanted to love it! I read rave reviews in Sephora for this product so I bought it. I bought it at Nordstrom. The salesperson was very nice when I returned it. When I put this product on my face, it was cool and went on so smooth. It was absolutely beautiful (except a little too orange). I didn't need concealer or even moisterizer, it was that good in the morning. It hid the sun damage on my cheeks and my uneven skin tone. I did not break out or have skin irritation. I used a cheap foundation brush and it looked great. It felt like I had no makeup on face, it was natural even though it covered my blemishes and skin damage very well.
The packaging for the product is beautiful. It has a beautiful pump. The bottle is glass and a bit heavy so you know the quality (of the bottle) is very good. The only downside is the pump can't be removed once you have finished the product which I feel is a waste of a bottle that can be reused or recycled. I understand the pump is unremovable so the product stays fresh and uncontaminated but still what a waste of beautful glass.
If you want to try this product, I suggest sample it first. It was $75 when I bought it in January 2010 in Portland, Oregon. Try a range of colors so you find one that is suitable to you.
When I went to buy this product at Nordstrom, I did not have a good experience with the SA. The SA was young so maybe she was not experienced with customer service. I told her I would like this product but was not sure what color. She looked at the side of my face and told me Sand. I looked at it and told her I thought it was too orange. She told me I had an orange undertone. I told her I had on bronzer and maybe that was why I looked like I had an orange undertone. She again told me I had an orange undertone. She put the Sand on my hand and showed me that it matched my hand. Well, my hand and my face are two different colors. She gave me the product and I bought it because I thought she is a SA who must know what she is doing and since this was my first foundation purchase I just didn't know anything.
My point is: Trust your instincts. No one knows your skin better than you.
I could have returned the product and tried a different color but I did not because of the oiliness of the product. If it was not for the oiliness and wrong color, it would have been perfect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently ended up using my Kanebo foundation and was surching for a new foundation. I have tested tiny jars (samples) made by S.A.'s from Helena Rubinstein Liquid light, Guerlain Parure Gold, Dior Capture foundation, Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate radiance.
This is the worst among the one I've tested. Really terrible. Cannot understand that someone wants this on skin. Sorry, but this is not- done! This is paint with particles to reflect light. Very made up look with this foundation. I have dry skin so I have to put a bit more then one pump for face, neck,...If you want to look like made up, then this is it. No men likes to see that kind of paint on the skin. Realistic? I really do not understand how reviewers can call this natural! I don't want like a doll. Using less then one pump is not the goal of this product. This product definitely wants to cover, not to make your skin beautiful. I didn't ended up using the large sample. Also very chemical.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this foundation. I should have known better than buying it without getting samples first.
I saw the problems myself and when my husband got home he said that it made me look like I had wrinkles (I do, but they do not stand out with my normal Sheer Miracle mineral makeup). He also told me that it looked like a plastic mask and went on to relay to me what his grandmother looked like at the funeral home.
I am happy so many of you like it so much. I guess different things work for different people.
Why, oh why have I bought another expensive item to be thrown in the trash?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My mother purchased this item, however for some odd reason they gave her a shade that was definitely too dark for her skintone. Seeing as to how I have a darker complexion, I decided to start using it. I didn't realize it was for mature skin until I read the other reviews, but regardless, I don't see the harm in continuing to use it. I use a mac 187 stippling brush to apply the product in a thin layer. I do so by ONLY stippling (no swirling) to achieve that 'airbrushed' look.

In my opinion, this product does not immediately look phenomenal - it takes some time for it to attain that 'dewy' look..but once it does - it is gorgeous. The only thing I dislike about this product is that if I examine my face closely (if my nose is almost touching the mirror) I can see the foundation sitting somewhat ON my skin. I don't know if this is just because I am examining my face too closely, but every foundation i've used has done this. Overall, I love the way it makes my face look (so beautifully smooth - this has never been achieved by the other foundations that I have tried) but not when I am microexamining my own face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Provides great coverage and like all dior foundations comes in good shades. It felt rather thick and sticky of a texture on my skin. Not at all as smooth as nude, forever or airflash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST! i didn't think foundation could look so natural yet still cover. i used this as an undereye concealer and it looked so much better than my lancome concealer. WOW. I can't afford this but i am goinng to get it when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again. It is the best foundation I have ever used. Having a bit of dry skin now at my age, I needed a smooth finish and formula that did not cake on my skin. In the past I have had a lot of trouble finding a good color match as well. Finally, I tried the Dior Capture Totale. I admit to being hesitant at first because of the price; it is a lot of money for a foundation. But you get what you pay for, and if it works for you it is worth it. You can spend a lot of money buying cheaper brands that don't work and end up being thrown out, or sitting in a cabinet drawer. This product does everything it says it will. It gives light, even, smooth coverage with just a drop or two. It gives skin a youthful luminescence and light, and covers well without caking. It adds moisture without being greasy, heavy, or thick. I cannot believe how Dior came up with this formula, but I am grateful that they did! It contains a serum, so is skincare as well as makeup. It also contains some sunscreen. It is buildable, but one or two pumps are generally more than enough; and it does not sit on top of the skin, but melts into it giving an amazing finish.

I have worn this foundation for about one month now, and I am pleased with it as when I first tried it. The SA recommended 010 Ivory for me, and she was right. It looks very natural, light-infused, and youthful. I could not be happier.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No