Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

on 9/10/2012 1:52:00 AM

i ADORE green tea! Listen up GUYS & girls of course, but in particular guys who suffer shaving irritation! Green tea is anti inflammatory so if you wipe te teabag gently over your skin after shaving its going to soothe and if the teabag is cold, help seal the pores again. I use this day and night as a toner before moisturiser and i will never purchase toner again, i use many high end products but i genuinely believe there will be few high end toners that work as effectivley as this based on its antioxidant content and price alone.

Also, for people who suffer shaving irritation, another thing you might have in your cupboard that may help, extra virgin olive oil, a good pump, apply it to semi damp skin, and shave in the shower, then pat dry face, apply green tea toner and there you go, hopefully irritation solved, in my case anyhow :) good luck!

on 8/24/2012 10:36:00 AM

Using a mildly warm-cool green tea bag works wonders on cystic acne and helps get rid of these bad spots in a matter of days(nearly instantly helping with the pain and pressure caused by swelling and helping reduce the redness) rather than weeks to months that they take to heal on their own. I also find that it helps even my skin tone and reduce the redness across my cheeks, and makes the pores appear smaller.

on 3/18/2012 5:33:00 PM

I haven't tried this topically, but I've been drinking 1 or 2 mugs of green tea per day for about two months now. I had an awful reaction to a product (Paula's Choice BHAs) and was trying everything (except more topicals - I was and still am terrified of them now) to help ease my breakout. I don't know if the green tea itself has a tremendous effect, but drinking green tea in conjunction with drinking about a gallon of water daily, cutting out dairy and sugar, taking some olive leaf extract and raw organic Manuka honey, eating more fruits and vegetables and almost no refined foods, and getting enough rest seems to really have helped my skin, and body in general. I used to have clear skin, but still the way to maintain that was to use salicylic acid products and benzoyl peroxide. If I didn't use my salicylic acid toner and leave-on product and benzoyl peroxide, I would get breakouts. Now, being terrified of topicals since Paula's Choice, I have not been medicating my face at all, just cleansing and moisturizing, and sometimes toning (all free of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide). My skin is by no means perfect but I am quite proud of it for not breaking out terribly even though I'm not medicating it. I really do think the tea and diet, sleep and general healthy lifestyle are contributing.

I realize after writing this that this isn't really an appropriate place for this "review" but acne is the devil and if this can help anyone, then great. I was a little skeptical of the whole natural thing before, but it really does seem to help. Plus it seems that acne, while it has always been in existence, is much more pervasive these days. I am sure it has at least something to do with our disgusting western diets and lifestyles, and probably too all the products we put on our faces. Anyway...

on 3/9/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am in the minority here. I used a cooled tea bag on my face after drinking the tea. My cheeks immediately broke out into a red, itchy, bumpy rash! I may try it again one day on just my eye area. I gave it 3 lippies for being cheap, versatile, and easy to find. Glad it works for most people.

I would buy this product again... but not for my face ;)

on 3/4/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this, and it works great. Tightens up pores, reduces puffiness under the eyes (if you use caffienated tea). Keeps oil at bay. Dirt cheap. Great recommendation... thanks!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I drink a cup of green tea every morning and then I use the tea bag for my eyes and as a toner. First I take the tea bag out of the tea and put it in a cup with a couple of icecubes while I'm drinking my tea. Then later when the icecubes have melted I put the cold tea bag on my eyes for a minute (following with a moisturizer). Then I rub the cold teabag all over my face. It wakes my whole face up and gives it a nice glow. I usually have puffy eyes and face in the morning and this greatly helps. I don't really break out too much so I don't know how much it helps with acne, but it does seem to help with redness and oiliness. Either way I love the experience every morning, it wakes me right up! Just make sure to follow up with a moisturizer and eyecream when your finished.

For those that suffer with the occasional deep cystic chin acne bumps (the ones that feel like a piece of corn under their skin) that won't come to a head.

This helped me...I brewed a cup of green tea, took out the tea bag, let cool slightly and applied it right over like a compress over the bump for around 10 minutes or so. The next morning I slightly pressed around the bump and it broke open to release the most gross watery yellow puss, etc. It liked liquified it.

So not sure if I caught it at the right time, or if it could of been any tea bag or the hot compress. Regardless, it was such I relief as I know those things can hang around for weeks and weeks. If it doesn't work the first night, just repeat every night to catch it at the right time.

Now it's peeling a little and healing which is fine by me. Those things are from hell.

I don't use this as a toner yet, maybe I'll try sometime.

on 1/7/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I actually use green tea leaves that are bought from a tin can. I add bits of tea leaves into a cup of boiling water, cover the cup with a small plate to keep it warm, and let rest for approximately 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, I take the tea leaves and scatter them flat all over my problem areas (areas with large pores and acne). I leave them on until they fall off on their own. This has really helped with my adult acne. The pimples became less angry, and pores more refined. I haven't tried green tea bags but I am assuming it would give a similar result. Tea leaves I bought from a tin can was bought in China, so unfortunately some of you won't be able to purchase the same item.

on 12/23/2011 4:46:00 PM

Hi I was reading through some of the comments about use of Green Tea for skin care. I recently started using green tea on my skin as I am hyper sensitive to most products and have very dry skin. I noticed that a few people were saying they found their skin drier and or inflamed with pimples. I noticed that I had to use an unbleached teabag to make any difference to my skin and I would suggest that people try to make sure the tea they use is brewed in an unbleached teabag or make your own from looseleaf tea. I have very paleskin and suffer from dark circles under my eyes and I have definately found that using a green tea soaked cotton makeup pad has improved my dark circles.
My husband has very oily and sallow skin and he is prone to pimples but has found that using sage tea has always worked wonders on his skin. Sage tea is also a natural astringent so this is what helps with the pimples.

on 12/20/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Every morning and evening I wash my face in pure green tea and rub the tea bag all over my face for good measure. It has done more over the last few weeks of constant use than any expensive product I have ever used. As a man I have to shave regularly and as I have extremely sensitive skin this can be a real nightmare for me. However, over the last few weeks my skin has been stronger and I have noticed less redness and razor burn/ bumps than I usually get, my skin also feels much more toned and strong. the only reason I started washing my face in green tea was because I didnt like the taste but still wanted my face to feel the benefits. Due to my very sensitive skin I know actually shave using water with green tea bags in it and it has made a massive difference. I have also noticed blemishes and spots have almost vanished. My skin does feel quite dry after using it but this can be simply stopped by using a good non fragranced moisteriser.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products