September 22, 2014 | 1620 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by WhitneyJLopez

This mascara is reallllllly wonderful! Similar to Hyper-Lash by Smashbox, however where Hyper-Lash is super thin, Bionic is PERFECT! I love it! A little technic tid-bit...start at the base of the lash-line, and then wiggle up! Have an amazing day!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mmhuebel

I received a deluxe sized sample of this product and was happy to try it out. I was not, however, happy with the mascara. By late afternoon, it has flaked and smudged off - and I only apply mascara to my upper lashes. I tried it once or twice more, with the same results. I also had a sample tube of Smashbox Lash DNA - and that has been great. This one, though, is not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cin27

I have always heard great reviews from friends about this product. Maybe it is because they have beautiful long lashes . I recently bought the TRY ME kit and this mascara was included. I can honestly say I am NOT impressed. It didn't do anything fantastic for my lashes, and I will probably never purchase he full sized version. If you have long lashes then this is the product for you. Only PRO: It does not get messy when trying to remove.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first applied this mascara I was having a WTF? moment because the formula wouldn't adhere to my lashes. I had to dig the wand right in from base to tip to get coverage, and even then the tips of my lashes were still bare. I wondered if my tube just happened to be defective?? I logged into MUA and when I started reading the reviews of this product, realized there is nothing wrong with my mascara, it's just not a good product. My lower lashes had the same problem, the product wouldn't adhere to the lashes, I had to keep applying in order to get the tips covered, and by that time it was clump city. I'm not overly impressed with Smashbox cosmetics as a general rule and this mascara is yet another example of why. Expensive and totally ineffective. I plan to return it to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by click

This is a truly awful mascara and a big disappointment. I got it as part of the On in 5 kit, after a SA @ Shopper's Drug Mart raved about it (but unfortunately I bought the kit at the duty free so there was no returning it).
Anyhow, this mascara went on clumpy, made my lashes heavy and gloopy, in no way enhanced them in length or volume, and after wearing it for 2 days in a row, my eyeballs were so red and irritated I thought I had pinkeye. While my eyes can tend to be sensitive to different mascaras, I have *never* had that happen before!
I had to throw it away, which is a shame because it's a pretty expensive mascara on it's own.
If it were possible to give zero lippies, I would. Hated, hated, hated.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mer1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a HUGE love of Smashbox products, but this one is awful!
My lashes are clumpy after applying.
Would not purchase again... too many other great mascaras on the market!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am just having the worst experience with the mascaras in the Sephora mascara sampler set. I threw out the last one (Lorac) after a week - something I never do, I always try to get at least some use out of not so great products.
I then grabbed the next one in the pack - turned out to be this. Well, I think it is almost as bad. It is not quite as clumpy as Lorac was but it does not do much at all, can't deposit the mascara on my lashes..I also thought I got a bad tube or it is old or something (I have had the set for quite a few months but did not open the tube until now) but having read the other reviews would just say that this is simply a very poor quality product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

This was the absolute worst mascara I've used.
I saw this in sephora's mascara top picks (something like that) boxes. And I tried on a lot of them. For some reason I ended up with this one. I think I had a bad tube. but whatever, MUA-ers you can decide for me.
There isn't anything special about the want. Just a normal wand.
But when I opened mines up, it looked very wet, very clumpy. I thought maybe I'll wipe up some with a tissue and try again. No. Still clumpy and wet.
When I applied a coat of it, it was just so disgusting. Not only did it not curl my lashes, it just left black clumps on my lashes. I have fine asian lashes. They're not short, pretty average in my opinion, but not long like other girls. It just clumped it up and it dropped down. So disgusting.
major disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by tvcutie

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Four letters for this product: C-R-A-P.

Worst mascara ever made. I think my pretend "kiddie" mascara I got when I was 7 years old was a better formulation than this! And, it's so surprising for Smashbox... I have been such a fan with many of their other products.

Save your money... stay away from this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in the LastStash box and I've used it for about a week now. This mascara just doesn't work for me. Something about the brush makes it hard to grab onto my lashes and so there's hardly any product rubbing off on my lashes and therefore no product or results. I would not repurchase this product.