Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this so much! It is an unbelievably creamy, soft, just beautiful powder highlighter. I'm an NC25-30 in the fall/winter, & this suits me then, or in the summer when I'm really tan (NC 35-40) because it has several varying shades. The *color* of this may be able to be duped with cheap imitations such as Physician's Formula shimmer strips, (which many say are a dupe of this) but that's it. The texture, beauty, subtlety, staying power, and finely-milled, silky-soft luxury of this Dior masterpiece cannot be duplicated. Neither can the happy feeling it gives me just to take out the pretty compact : ) Can u tell I adore this? I never feel nearly as fabulous when I take out my PF Waikiki strip, I have to say. And isn't that feeling part of the thrill of using HE makeup? That, and the amazing quality of course! Also, the PF shimmer strips are much, much frostier than the Amber Diamond. This is hard to pick up in pics, where they look very similar, but in real life, especially in the sunlight, the Dior is much more subtle than the PF, which looks like a glitter bomb exploded on ur face, and ends up all over ur face throughout the day. This gives you the most gorgeous sheen and luminousity when applied to your cheekbones, or anywhere else u like to highlight, and stays in the place u applied it throughout the day. It's not glittery, it just lights up your whole face and gives your makeup that finishing touch, that makes u look and feel amazing. It also doubles as an eyeshadow, and comes with 10 grams of product, which is about twice the size of your average highlighter. And did I mention the packaging? I still store mine in the adorable little velvet pouch it came in, I can't bring myself to throw it out lol, but the navy compact with CD on the front is very sturdy, luxurious, and elegant, with a large mirror that always comes in handy. This will work as a highlight on every skintone. Yes it's expensive @ $44, but I don't regret this fabulous splurge for a second! If u want a designer imposter, by all means, the PF is a pretty highlighter, although, NOT a dupe. But if u want perfection in powder form, go for the Dior. (I know some will vote this review unhelpful becuz i dared to say the HE product is better than the DS "dupe", but oh well, it's true!! LOL)

as much as i want to love this, it does not look good on me. it looks kind of chalky and artificial almost... instead of using this as a highlighter, i utilize it as eye shadow more. the lightest shade as brow bone highlight and other shades on the lid. i have yet found a suitable highlighter for my skin. i have tried lorac spotlight...which did not look good and i own nars albatross, which is too yellowy, shimmery so i am currently not using highlighter and use a light shimmery/ brightening blush towards the top of the cheekbones to give a glowy effect.

I LOVE this product. I initially found out about this through a makeup tutorial with Mille Mackintosh, and I immediately went out to buy it. I was surprised it wasn't out with all the other products on the counter, I had to ask the MUA for it, and she said this was because they are discontinuing it! I really hope they don't do this.

I swipe this over my cheeks, underneath eyebrows and a bit on the top of my forehead and it's beautiful. Really complements any blush, and perfect for summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just bought this about a week ago but I am LOVING it! I have oily skin so I never bought highlighters before, why emphasize something I want to hide? But then I got a foundation that took all glow away, so I had to buy one. This is great!! I am Clinique Alabaster, BE Fair, very pale, pink undertones so I was surprised that the Amber Diamond looked amazing on me! It goes on like a dream and blends so easily onto the skin and lasts a long time (even after a baseball game in st. louis heat)! I have even been using the two darkest colors on my eyes as a base and crease color. It is a great value and will last forever! And it comes in a nice little velvet pouch to add to the luxury feel! I will probably get the Rose Diamond one as well!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this after watching Pixi2woo glowing-bronze tutorial. It gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. I like to use this as highlighter under the brow bone than those regular MAC shadows. Very beautiful, you should get it.

What an amazing glow this provides. Truthfully, I bought once and returned due the crazy price...but not before I swatched it... and it stayed on my mind and I eventually found myself returning to buy it once again. The shimmer this provides is multi-dimensional, not overdone, just enough to catch a glow from certain angles. Love this and will continue to use up. At lease alot of product for the 44$ pricetag.

Quite a pretty highlighter. However, it is quite sheer. I did find it settled into lines in my face almost emphasizing. I have to be really careful where to apply it. But overall, not a bad product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I adore this highligher. If you have large pores and tend to get oily, this is the best highlighter for you. I have tried several highlighters from deptartment to drugstore over the years only to be left with chunks of glitter everywhere. Now, this is very expensive ($44 US) for a highlighter but I feel that it is worth every penny. I'm blown away by the high quality of this. This powder is so finely milled and feels silky soft on the skin. You only need one quick swipe to make your whole face radiant so this will last you years. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still plenty left. You won't get obvious glitter with this highlighter. Amber Diamond gives off this soft focus glowing sheen that looks very natural. The color in the pan looks dark but no actual color shows up on my skin. What I get is a veil of a warm candle light glow that makes my sallow olive skin appear bright and fresh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin is acting up a lot so till now I couldn't justify getting a more expensive highlighter and opted for drugstore ones that set in my pores, looked weird and somehow made my skin look even worse. But one day, after a particularly bad day, even bad week I thought, why not? And I got it!
Oh, wow! It looks amazing, it is soooo finely milled, it looks like my actual skin is glowing and doesn't emphasize my pores and it never looks garish. I am really happy about this!
But beware glitter/shimmer/shine lovers! This gives a glow that can get to show as microshimmers in the sun but that's it. Some of my friends dislike it and can't understand why I bought it because "it doesn't show up much". It works perfectly for me but I can easily see how some won't like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Best highlight that I've tried! Gives my cheeks the prettiest sheen. I can't use this everyday though because even with proper cleansing, I still broke out a little where I applied it. Which I usually do if I put anything shimmer on my cheeks.