April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Intervene

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by natily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation gave good coverage and was very natural looking, although i have quite dry skin and it exentuated it a bit. so i would think it would be better for normal to oily skin types as its quite mattyfying, and is realy a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by chocolateluver

I love this foundation! I've been using it now for about 6 months. Like other users have stated, it is definately drying. But, I typically have oily/combination skin so it is great especially in the summer months. When my skin feels a bit dry in the winter, I add a little bit of my favorite facial moisturizer to the foundation and that helps it glide over my skin better and it still provides great coverage.
I really love how this product evens out my skin tone and covers my (rather large) pores.
Even better, many people tell me how healthy my skin looks! :)
It is a little pricey, but the bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. Plus, the other day, I got the free bonus gift with my foundation purchase which had a TON of different products in it. I love receiving free stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by luvlymoon

I really like this foundation. I originally got this for my mother, but since we both have the same skin color and undertone, we share this. It provides great coverage and never looks like a mask. It makes my skin look radiant and natural. I highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by JAREDISAAC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I am like the majority of people on MUA as I too love this foundation. I am quite fair skinned and the 02 soft shell is as close of a match as I can get, although could use a touch lighter. I find that if I apply less, the color seems more natural and not as dark than if I apply too much. I have somewhat oily skin and usually find that foundation doesn't last too long on me, but low and behold, Intervene held up to the test. I live in a climate that is very humid in the summer, and found no problems at all. A bit costly but one pump is all you need, and this usually lasts all day . So far, this is the best foundation for me. Who knows, I might read another review on here and decide to try something else , but for now, I think I will stick with Intervene.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ct0118

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS WILL BE A LONG ONE.....

I LOVE IT!!!! I am an african american female with a caramel complexion. Most products from MAC, E.L. BB, Lancome, etc. are either too dark or too pale. I'm right in the middle of two colors at everybody's counter. Even Prescriptives didnt have a color for me unless I custom blend (which is more hassle than you know). I had the same problem with Fashion Fair (no color, too oily or too matte). Everything I bought looked like makeup. So historically, I haven't been a daily foundation user because I could not get a natural look.

I too felt Elizabeth was geared towards older non-ethic women. Surprise! Surprise! After 5 years of searching, I've found the treasure - Intervene Foundation. At 39, I have combination skin that's starting to patch in the cheek area and I've been getting breakouts on the chin and cheek area as well (people say it's hormonal - quite possible). (but I've NEVER EVER had acne before) I've had to change my skin care after 8 years to address these issues but am now at the point where foundation has to be daily.

Intervene (Soft Tan) is awesome. I look fresh, vibrant, dewy, natural all day. I've never liked the powdered look, nor do I like to be greasy..(yuck).. but Intervene makes my skin look happy and exciting and fresh (flirty). Usually after about 3 hours, I get the oily forehead because of my t-zone, and you can see the makeup separating. Not anymore. I can go all day!!! Usually about 4:30 (right before leaving work) I'll take a tissue and lightly dab my forehead and I'm back to the same morning face. I love it!

All I need is one pump and my foundation brush for all over coverage (face/neck). I have some scarring on my cheeks from the acne that's not covered completely, but it's toned down significantly. My next trek will be for concealer, but I'm in no hurry because I'm totally pleased and more confident with my appearance after using this foundation.

I gave it a 5, because it's a perfect color match, it looks great, it makes me feel beautiful, it has staying power; it does everything I want it to do.

I gave it a 3 for price because I felt it was average among others. I've paid as high as $65 for foundation, so at $36, it was a pleasure to purchase it.

I gave it a 4 for packing because I'm not sure how easy it will be to get the end of it out because its a pump. However, the pump minizes the amount of bacteria and extra oils that can get into the bottle. When using other liquid foundations, after a while, the makeup would start to separate or look oily in the bottle and wouldnt go on well. Even compacts have me worried, so I really appreciate the pump.

The shape and look of the bottle is quite lovely and makes it appealing to the eye. I really like pretty things so the packaging was a perk for me.

Thanks to Elizabeth Arden. They've done it!!! Please don't change the formula or the colors available. Everytime I like something, it's discontinued (readers beware)

UPDATE: Still using Intervene (Soft Tan) Jan/Feb was a little drier in the cheeks so I just used a little extra moisturizer and viola!!! I've even patted moisturizer over the makeup and still looked marvelous. I like applying with a dry foundation brush. But my favorite is a damp foundation brush - I just quickly swipe it through running water and dab the excess water onto tissue paper - one pump of the foundation to the back on the hand and apply.

I still love this foundation. I'm still getting compliments, even from ladies and you know how we can be. :)

I'm almost out of it, which is a first for me. I dont think I've ever used a complete bottle of foundation because something always happened whether, seasoned changed, product began to separate in the bottle, broke me out, dried me out...it was always something. With this product, I didnt even have to buy a winter color!!!! Can you believe that?

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I normally use Estee Lauder's Lucidity but I thought I would try Intervene. The color match is perfect and I love the pump dispenser. One pump is more than enough.

The foundation does have a propensity to be a bit dry after application but if since I moisturize and prime I'm not having a problem. It's got great stayiing power which is a plus. The only minus for me is that the coverage is at most in the medium range but that's why they make MAC concealer. *g*

Overall I think I will purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by WhiteWolf1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff was awful, not at all meant for dry skin. At first it looked great, face looked flawless but then it started to dry my skin out. It has since been flushed down the drain and won't repurchase. It's a shame because I had such high hopes for this after reading great reviews and it fooled me by those first few days. Again, definitely not for dry skin types. In fact, my skin even started to peel some from this foundation, so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I was directed to Eliz. Arden by a young SA, who said she used this foundation herself, and she was quite surprised she liked it so much as E.A. has a reputation as being for the matronly crowd. I am using this in the lightest colour, Shell. It is a bit more pink-based than I am used to but works well. I am over 50 with combo/oily spot-prone skin also prone to redness. Texture of this foundation is quite light and nongreasy and it applies easily. Coverage is medium but feels lightweight, color does not oxidize or turn orangey and this foundation doesn't seem to slide off midway through the day when my skin is oily. So far, no breakouts or problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

It is only my third day so I may have to update but so far so good. I have very pale skin which tends to flush red. I am over 50 but not too wrinkly so I was a bit unsure when I sat down with the EA lady! She used a serum before she applied the makeup. to my surprise the lightest shade did not work, but 03 Sun beige did. She gave me a sample and I found that people were complimenting me on my skin (not a common thing!!!). So, I went back and paid 25 for this - I am sure you ladies get it cheaper in the US!- I love the pump - this is a real bonus. I moisturise, use my MAC primer and apply lighly. I only use one pump and that is plenty. It gives light feeling coverage which is what i am looking for. Usually I add a whisk of powder. So far, I am delighted with the look, the feel and the staying power. I will return after a few weeks to tell you if this changes.
UPDATE: still really good- I have to say if you prepare your skin and dont use too much it is really good. The best thing for me is that it is a natural look and the colour is a really good match for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkclover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read some good reviews of this on another cosmetic site and decided to try it. The first day I tried it I liked the coverage and finish well enough. It actually reminded me a little of the discontinued Air Wear by Loreal which was one of my all time favorite drugstore brands. It is a bit more matte than what I normally use and I needed to really blend it. You will definitely want to moisturize well before using this because it will be hard to blend otherwise. It's even better to start blending it when there is still some "slip" to your face before your moisturizer is dry. I found this out because I applied it after my moisturizer had soaked in and the consistency was almost too dry to get a natural finish. After using this for a few days I did start getting a few pimples here and there so I have stopped using it for a little while and will give it another shot. For me there is nothing remarkable about this foundation, so I will keep on my seemingly never-ending search for one that is.