Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Wow. i could not believe my eyes! The best face lift i have had in months!
To be honest, when I tried this foundation on my wrist I had doubts (yeah I know this is a wrong spot but what are you gonna do when you are in the store and you are already made up? where do you try new foundations?? on your hands and wrists... we all do that!).
I said, seeing it on my wrist I was not 100% convinced as I found the texture weird, it was super runny and it took forever to blend and to dry when applied. I was scared that it would look greasy and took forever to dry of my face as well.
However, in the end i bought it as it had a very good price, like 25 Euros (other foundations are soo expensive! you can't get anything like Dior or Chanel or Lancome for less than 41 Euros!!) and I am always in the life-long quest of finding the new HG foundation.
So I bought it in shade Soft Sand 05, has a neutral tone (so it is neither yellow nor pinky); this shade is darker than my usual foundation shade, but I am still quite tanned and this suits my tanned tone now (matching the neck/body tan).
Application: smooth, it is a tad runny, but it spreads evenly, melts into skin and yeah, it covers everything with just one layer!!!
I have brown spots (melasma) and I applied a drop more on the damn spots, and *magic* everything was concealed (=no concealer needed!!).
What I got: an Extremely smooth, younger looking face! A real face lift. I was amazed.
Fixed it with my usual loose powder.
The result is matte but NOT flat (your skin looks natural but not dewy, but I do not go for the dewy look, prefer matte) and really long staying; no need to blot until midday, which is the average/good performance for a foundation on me (I have a shining T-zone in summer that is always to be blotted & powdered during the day).
I am really impressed wiht this foundation; I am going to buy it in a lighter shade to match my winter skintone. LOVE!

on 6/29/2009 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am not a big fan of liquid foundations but do tend to wear them for special occasions. The colour Soft Sunbeige is the perfect colour match for my NC20-25 asian skintone!! I love the fact that it's lightweight yet provides great coverage and doesn't feel masky nor does it become chalky. In fact, my skin looks radiant and very natural. Plus it's very long lasting!! I also love the pump bottle and one pump is more than enough to cover my face. I usually apply this with my fingertips as it provides more coverage with a natural look. Definite repurchase. EDIT: Noticed that whenever I wear this I get little fleshy bumps. Stopped using it due to this reaction.

on 4/25/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had a hard time with this. I loved the pump applicator. It took me 2-3 pumps to cover my face, and it was medium to light at best. This didn't cover anything. I wore it for about a week before I could and finally could put my finger on what I didn't like. It looked natural--- had the lightest shade, shell, and it lasted all day. But, I had to blot, and it accentuated every dry spot and pore on my face. It did nothing to improve my face and no smoothing effect, I looked better without makeup than with this. As mentioned already, this also had a drying effect. It was like double wear makeup --but a higher quality and a more natural look.
EDIT: I've been using this more in the summer. I put it on with my fingers, and I don't put any powder on top of this. it ends up looking more natural. doesn't oxidize, and hasn't been drying me out yet. i like that it has sunscreen. soft sunbeige is a better match, though might be too dark. shell is too pink. i think this could be good makeup if you get the right match. not sure i have the right match. shiseido liquid still the best i've found. not sure i would repurchase because it exaggerates all the dry areas on your face.

on 3/28/2009 4:45:00 PM

I have to say, after trying and testing a lot of foundations over the years, this has to be one of the best i've had. I've been using it for about a year now, and although i have strayed, i keep coming back to this, as nothing else compares. It does everything you need it to, the coverage is very buildable so you can have it sheer if you have great skin already, or for those like me who have slightly larger pores and a few blemishes, the coverage can be built up to hide spots and even out skin tone. It has never made me break out and it does say on their website that this foundation is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic as well as being oil free. It has never sunk into my pores and as long as i moisturise well before applying it, then it never dries out my skin! It's my little gem!

on 2/5/2009 3:51:00 PM

this foundation gave good coverage and was very natural looking, although i have quite dry skin and it exentuated it a bit. so i would think it would be better for normal to oily skin types as its quite mattyfying, and is realy a good foundation.

I love this foundation! I've been using it now for about 6 months. Like other users have stated, it is definately drying. But, I typically have oily/combination skin so it is great especially in the summer months. When my skin feels a bit dry in the winter, I add a little bit of my favorite facial moisturizer to the foundation and that helps it glide over my skin better and it still provides great coverage.
I really love how this product evens out my skin tone and covers my (rather large) pores.
Even better, many people tell me how healthy my skin looks! :)
It is a little pricey, but the bottle lasts me about 2-3 months. Plus, the other day, I got the free bonus gift with my foundation purchase which had a TON of different products in it. I love receiving free stuff!

on 10/12/2008 2:24:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I originally got this for my mother, but since we both have the same skin color and undertone, we share this. It provides great coverage and never looks like a mask. It makes my skin look radiant and natural. I highly recommend this to anyone.

on 9/23/2008 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I am like the majority of people on MUA as I too love this foundation. I am quite fair skinned and the 02 soft shell is as close of a match as I can get, although could use a touch lighter. I find that if I apply less, the color seems more natural and not as dark than if I apply too much. I have somewhat oily skin and usually find that foundation doesn't last too long on me, but low and behold, Intervene held up to the test. I live in a climate that is very humid in the summer, and found no problems at all. A bit costly but one pump is all you need, and this usually lasts all day . So far, this is the best foundation for me. Who knows, I might read another review on here and decide to try something else , but for now, I think I will stick with Intervene.

on 9/21/2008 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THIS WILL BE A LONG ONE.....

I LOVE IT!!!! I am an african american female with a caramel complexion. Most products from MAC, E.L. BB, Lancome, etc. are either too dark or too pale. I'm right in the middle of two colors at everybody's counter. Even Prescriptives didnt have a color for me unless I custom blend (which is more hassle than you know). I had the same problem with Fashion Fair (no color, too oily or too matte). Everything I bought looked like makeup. So historically, I haven't been a daily foundation user because I could not get a natural look.

I too felt Elizabeth was geared towards older non-ethic women. Surprise! Surprise! After 5 years of searching, I've found the treasure - Intervene Foundation. At 39, I have combination skin that's starting to patch in the cheek area and I've been getting breakouts on the chin and cheek area as well (people say it's hormonal - quite possible). (but I've NEVER EVER had acne before) I've had to change my skin care after 8 years to address these issues but am now at the point where foundation has to be daily.

Intervene (Soft Tan) is awesome. I look fresh, vibrant, dewy, natural all day. I've never liked the powdered look, nor do I like to be greasy..(yuck).. but Intervene makes my skin look happy and exciting and fresh (flirty). Usually after about 3 hours, I get the oily forehead because of my t-zone, and you can see the makeup separating. Not anymore. I can go all day!!! Usually about 4:30 (right before leaving work) I'll take a tissue and lightly dab my forehead and I'm back to the same morning face. I love it!

All I need is one pump and my foundation brush for all over coverage (face/neck). I have some scarring on my cheeks from the acne that's not covered completely, but it's toned down significantly. My next trek will be for concealer, but I'm in no hurry because I'm totally pleased and more confident with my appearance after using this foundation.

I gave it a 5, because it's a perfect color match, it looks great, it makes me feel beautiful, it has staying power; it does everything I want it to do.

I gave it a 3 for price because I felt it was average among others. I've paid as high as $65 for foundation, so at $36, it was a pleasure to purchase it.

I gave it a 4 for packing because I'm not sure how easy it will be to get the end of it out because its a pump. However, the pump minizes the amount of bacteria and extra oils that can get into the bottle. When using other liquid foundations, after a while, the makeup would start to separate or look oily in the bottle and wouldnt go on well. Even compacts have me worried, so I really appreciate the pump.

The shape and look of the bottle is quite lovely and makes it appealing to the eye. I really like pretty things so the packaging was a perk for me.

Thanks to Elizabeth Arden. They've done it!!! Please don't change the formula or the colors available. Everytime I like something, it's discontinued (readers beware)

UPDATE: Still using Intervene (Soft Tan) Jan/Feb was a little drier in the cheeks so I just used a little extra moisturizer and viola!!! I've even patted moisturizer over the makeup and still looked marvelous. I like applying with a dry foundation brush. But my favorite is a damp foundation brush - I just quickly swipe it through running water and dab the excess water onto tissue paper - one pump of the foundation to the back on the hand and apply.

I still love this foundation. I'm still getting compliments, even from ladies and you know how we can be. :)

I'm almost out of it, which is a first for me. I dont think I've ever used a complete bottle of foundation because something always happened whether, seasoned changed, product began to separate in the bottle, broke me out, dried me out...it was always something. With this product, I didnt even have to buy a winter color!!!! Can you believe that?

on 7/15/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I normally use Estee Lauder's Lucidity but I thought I would try Intervene. The color match is perfect and I love the pump dispenser. One pump is more than enough.

The foundation does have a propensity to be a bit dry after application but if since I moisturize and prime I'm not having a problem. It's got great stayiing power which is a plus. The only minus for me is that the coverage is at most in the medium range but that's why they make MAC concealer. *g*

Overall I think I will purchase this again.