April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was pretty disappointed with this product. I'm a huge fan of Korres, and I like the guava and jasmine lip butters. This one however, falls flat. It's still got the same great moisturizing qualities as other Korres lip butters, but I just cannot get over the smell. It smells like plastic Barbie lip gloss, ugh, very synthetic. I'm usually not one of those overly fragrance sensitive girls either.

The reason I will keep using this because I've found its the perfect topping for Benefit benetint, but I don't plan on purchasing another tub.

PROS:
great natural tint
doesn't migrate outside the lip line
very moisturizing

CONS:
smell
cost

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

This balm gives a perfect medium pink hue to the lip with no shimmer or gooey gloss. I love it! Perfect for everyday or can be combined with lipstick for more oomph. It's also super moisturizing and feels great on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

IDk why people like this so much. It may be just me, but I hate dipping my finger into anything repeatedly. It just seems unsanitary. Also the butter itself SUCKS! I mean my mom's Merlot grape seed stuff is better than this...I've been using hers for a while now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great tinted lip balm. It moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of medium pink color to my medium pigmented lips. It is great for everyday look. It is even better at moisturizing than my Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip butter smells AMAZING. I've never eaten a quince before but this is one damn good smelling fruit. I originally wanted Jasmine lip butter but my Sephora was completely sold out. I was going to walk away empty handed but I tried Quince at the last minute and fell in love. It has a lightly perfumed quality to it but I wish the lip butter itself was more moisturizing. It leaves a slight tint of color so you could wear it on its own for a touch of natural-looking color. I find myself reapplying often or priming my lips with another lip balm underneath, and I don't have particularly dry lips!

A bit steep at $10 and I do prefer stick-type balms. If you're like me and tried but didn't like the Pomegranate lip butter, I'd recommend Quince but only if you can get it at a discount.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by celizabeth

Feels great, very moisturizing, and awesome color! It has replaced my usual lipstick. This is the color I've been looking for all my life. It doesn't last as long as lipstick but it just looks so perfect on me (I'm fair with brown hair). I don't really notice much of a smell or flavor, but that's fine with me. This lip butter is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

HG Lip Balm!!!

omg the SMELL!!! and the Finish!! only a slight tint (but hey its not a lipstick is it!) but it leaves my lips SO soft, not sticky, and i dont feel like i have an awful residue! it actually melts into my lips, and actually works as a face cream for my lips ( even when its worn off my lips are in much better condition!)

LOVE IT, i have the pomegranate too, and the body butter in quince is out of this world!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this so much! It is a pretty bright pink color that looks good on my pigmented lips. It is very moisturizing and lasts a couple hours before I need to reapply (which I can do without a mirror). I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sophielondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Guava version impressed me so much I had to buy another one in a different colour. I will quickly say that yes, it's very soft and buttery with a nice texture, lasts longer than Vaseline but however is not the best moisturiser as far as I am concerned - there are better products out there for chapped lips ie Blistex - but onto the important thing, the COLOUR! I love love love being able to put true colours onto my lips, as so often (due to my super pigmented lips) any lip colour oxidises majorly after fifteen mins or so, and my stupid lips change the colour. This happens with all lipsticks and most glosses. After giving up and going au naturel on the lips, I finally found THE most pigmented lip balms on the market. The Guava is perfect for nude lips, and Vaseline Rosy Lips is my one true love for getting a coral-red tint! And now I've added Quince to my collection, which gives the perfect pink. Korres Lip Butters are so pigmented, it gives a beautiful petal pink colour to my lips which lasts for a good couple of hours if I don't eat or drink or rub my lips together, but because it is a balm it stays soft, satiny and shiny. These products are my new must haves, and I like the fact that Korres produces natural products. You don't get much in a little pot considering that they are 6, but compared to the 20 I used to fork out for YSL lippies that then went and changed to murky mauves and browns on my lips, what a bargain! I highly recommend these, and if you are interested in getting yourself a lip butter, the quince is the perfect bright pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this balm. The color is subtle but pretty and ripe, and though it only moisturizes superficially it has a nice cushion-y texture. I like the scent and packaging, and will likely repurchase.