December 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The tint of this product is probably what makes it or breaks it for most. For me, like a previous poster mentioned, it looks like I'm wearing a terrible 99 cent lip gloss that an 8 year old would wear. I also do not find this product to be terribly moisturizing, but perhaps its more exfoliating like other posters have said. To me, a lip butter should be more rich. Needless to say, definitely wouldn't repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The quality of the lip butter is excellent. When my lips are super dry, applying this almost acts like an exfoliator. Post application, give it some time and you will notice the dry skin coming off if you wipe your lips gently. Obviously it is too costly to use it as an exfoliator! Onto the colour - it is a nice pinkish tint which is great for daily wear. However, the packaging needs to be improved. It is unhygenic and troublesome to dig into a little pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by spuddie

I have seen others on here write what i was just about to so i will keep it very simple. Korres Lip Butter is GREAT! It melts onto the lips and gives just a small tint for the woman who doesn’t need to wear lipstick everyday. ;)
I love the Jasmine Lip Butter so i decided to try out Quince. I'm not a fan at all. I was very disappointed in the smell of the Lip Butter and the look of the tint on my lips. It smells and looks like i have that cheap waxy pink/red lipstick that you get in a make-up pack when you are 10 years old. Also the price is a little steep for what the product is.
So basically i recommend the Korres Lip Butter, but not in Quince.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know what a quince is or what it smells like but I like it!
The colour is coral and very natural looking. I like the finish and how my lips feel while using it.
One lippie off for the pot that you have to keep putting your finger in to reapply!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was pretty disappointed with this product. I'm a huge fan of Korres, and I like the guava and jasmine lip butters. This one however, falls flat. It's still got the same great moisturizing qualities as other Korres lip butters, but I just cannot get over the smell. It smells like plastic Barbie lip gloss, ugh, very synthetic. I'm usually not one of those overly fragrance sensitive girls either.

The reason I will keep using this because I've found its the perfect topping for Benefit benetint, but I don't plan on purchasing another tub.

PROS:
great natural tint
doesn't migrate outside the lip line
very moisturizing

CONS:
smell
cost

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

This balm gives a perfect medium pink hue to the lip with no shimmer or gooey gloss. I love it! Perfect for everyday or can be combined with lipstick for more oomph. It's also super moisturizing and feels great on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

IDk why people like this so much. It may be just me, but I hate dipping my finger into anything repeatedly. It just seems unsanitary. Also the butter itself SUCKS! I mean my mom's Merlot grape seed stuff is better than this...I've been using hers for a while now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great tinted lip balm. It moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of medium pink color to my medium pigmented lips. It is great for everyday look. It is even better at moisturizing than my Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This lip butter smells AMAZING. I've never eaten a quince before but this is one damn good smelling fruit. I originally wanted Jasmine lip butter but my Sephora was completely sold out. I was going to walk away empty handed but I tried Quince at the last minute and fell in love. It has a lightly perfumed quality to it but I wish the lip butter itself was more moisturizing. It leaves a slight tint of color so you could wear it on its own for a touch of natural-looking color. I find myself reapplying often or priming my lips with another lip balm underneath, and I don't have particularly dry lips!

A bit steep at $10 and I do prefer stick-type balms. If you're like me and tried but didn't like the Pomegranate lip butter, I'd recommend Quince but only if you can get it at a discount.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by celizabeth

Feels great, very moisturizing, and awesome color! It has replaced my usual lipstick. This is the color I've been looking for all my life. It doesn't last as long as lipstick but it just looks so perfect on me (I'm fair with brown hair). I don't really notice much of a smell or flavor, but that's fine with me. This lip butter is definitely worth the money.