September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I got the shade light to dark blonde, and it looked way too reddish brown on me! My brows didn't match any of the shades! I did like the formula though. The consistency is perfect for the natural look and it glides on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by SofiaRN421

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect brow pencil. Thin enough to fill out specific areas. Never leave home without it! Will definately buy again and stock up when there is a BOGO sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I use this pencil in Light Brown and Medium Brown to define the arch and extend the wing. I use another product to fill in but this is great for arches.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to agree with several other reviewers, it is just too waxy or soft for me. My eyebrows, which are almost non-existent, appear drawn on-which although that is almost precisely what i have to do (plus, they are so pale now) HOWEVER, I, of course, do not want them to appear "drawn on." Almay had the perfect brow pencil, which I have no longer been able to find for well over a year now! I need a very fine point, that is more hard than soft, but not too hard. I do not look good with thick brows. I had been settling for this, but, the one I just bought is going back! I am resolving to find something better, somehow!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

JUST as good as any MAC or Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil. I've tried them all. I do prefer a powder over my eyebrows, but when I want a bolder look I go for Define-a-brow in dark brown.

If it helps at all, I have a demonstration of how I apply it while I talk about how I like it (split-screen style) on Youtube. Search wjmalique and MAC Drugstore Haul :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Jaded11885

***MAC DUPE ALERT***
I was pretty surprisingly impressed by this! I thought I'd try other brands than MAC and found this little precious at CVS. It was half off so I said fuck it and I almost love it! Not a fan of the little comb at the bottom but other than that completely identical to the MAC brow pencil! Same size and the light blonde is the exact same color. Its not as thick and it smudges a little more than the MAC pencil but for like $5 vs $16 you can't really bitch. Overall Im pretty stoked, now I gotta go back and buy the other colors for my kit!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have light brown eyebrow hair and bought the dark blonde shade (I was using MAC omega to occasionally fill in before). If I had gone darker (there is a light brown shade), I think it would have been too dark for my eyebrows. The formula is just waxy enough to keep hairs down and blends in well with the rest of my eyebrow. I never thought eyebrow makeup made a difference until I used this. The only negative is that I have to twist it up once or sometimes twice when applying it which uses up the product faster. I would recommend if you want a little bit of wax and color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes here but I really did not like this product. I have tried using it various ways; one line, small strokes, small strokes then blending, stippling, light hand, heavy hand etc, and every time my brows wind up looking fake and drawn on. I have dark brown hair, almost black - it seems all eyebrow products for dark brown lean towards red. The staying power is a joke as far as I can tell, I can rub it off by licking my finger and rubbing the product away.
I will stick to my Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer, the wax looks super natural and is a better colour match for my hair. It also truly lasts all day without rubbing off, melting away nor smearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a blond, so I find the most natural-looking method of filling in my brows has to be with a powder or a pencil with a dryer formula. Define-A-Brow is too waxy for me; I don't want to be able to see the colour on my actual skin beneath the hairs. I really like the comb on the end for my eyelashes though.

UPDATE: I've learned to make this work for my very blonde eyebrows. My facial hair is very fair, yet I like a bolder brow, so it did take quite a bit of growth in technique to get to this point with this product. Since revisiting it, I like it for its fine tip. It does take a long time to get full but natural-looking brows, as blondes will likely find you have to be gentle and precise, essentially drawing in hair at a time. It also fades throughout the day, but a gel will likely fix that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KimD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If MAC's Eye Brows in Spiked is a 9 (nothing's perfect!), this pencil in Dark Brown rates an 8! One suggestion for improvement: a spoolie at the end instead of the current comb.

BUT THIS SHADE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED!! It's official, and now off Maybelline's website. Major sad face. I have black hair, so only the Dark Brown works for me. If you can find this, stock up!!