November 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by WindyCityGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after the reviews I read-I moved away from Chicago so there were no Armani counters here in San Diego-
I got the loose powder in Wheat-

Well at first I really liked it, I seemed to glow-
Then I started breaking out-It took until last week to determine that the powder was giving me itchy bumps, an allergic reaction-

On top of the bumps it my skin greasy, it sat way to heavy on my skin and it looked fake-
I found some off my old Armani powder and put it on and I didn't realize how horrible Becca was until I could compare the 2-

Armani doesn't mask the skin, Becca really put a different color on my face and looked tacky-It was like my skin couldn't show through with Becca on me, now it can with the Armani-

I just can't believe it gave me little itchy bumps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! It's like a godsend for dry skin that normally would shy away from use of powder! My hope would be it would be great for every skin type but, my guess is it will perform it's utmost best on us dry skin gals. This is certainly an unusual powder in the sense it almost turns creamy when you feel it between your fingers. It is also not the most sheer powder out there, but at the same time it will perform as if it were, once it has set even though it does present some coverage. It's hard to explain. But I think of this powder almost as a loose form of foundation powder, which makes it great for Beccas very sheer foundations, but also for my favourite TM, from LM. The powder will at first look very matte when applied, but after a while it will morphe with the skin resulting in a very nice dewy finish, highly desired for drier skins that very easily just look aged when powder is applied. However I imagine this effect would not be desireable for oilier skintypes who try to keep shine at bay.
The sifter leaves some things to be desiered though - regardless of skintype..;) It's big, and the lid is not very tight. Cool looking but not very practical, and sometimes there is powder all over. I can't imagine bringing this anywhere. But as a stay at home powder it is great. And thankfully Becca has made this great powder in cake form too...Great colourselection also for all of us who normally find most tranclucent powders not that tranclucent at all but just whitening. For reference I use Wheat in summer and Ginger in wintertime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 1:59:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on Productville, I had such high hopes. I purchased Wheat for my NC30ish skin because Sesame looked too light. Even if I donít have foundation on, the powder made me look as if I had a lot of make up on. When I use Wheat on top of my foundation, my skin looked yellow-orange. On my normal to oily skin, this does nothing for controlling oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ah63

So I bought this with the complete system a month and a half ago. I bought sesame which made me look like a ghost. Should've bought wheat. Anyway, I ended up returning it because 1) made me look like a ghost, 2) Had no oil control quality whatsoever 3) pricey. So I just used my trusty MAC Blot Powder with it and that worked way better. Well, that was in September and it was still hot around here. It has since gotten cold and my face is now extremely dry. Major flakes and all, and blot powder just makes it drier. So now I wish I hadn't returned it because of my skin condition. Because it really is very good quality stuff. So I'll probably re-buy in Wheat. (NC 30-35)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the second high end loose powder that I've tried, after Laura Mercier. It is better than LM in that it never creates a chalky effect. It makes my face look very natural and polished. However, in terms of oil-control, it fares just as well as LM... I find myself blotting just as often, if not more. Packaging is good, doesn't bother me. Price tag is a lot better than LM, considering that it comes with a puff. Color selection was hard for me. I tried on both Sesame and Wheat at the Sephora store, and could not tell the difference between the two. So I got sesame since wheat was out of stock, but now am wondering if wheat would have been a better color...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 3:22:00 AM More reviews by minanaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG loose powder. I use it in Wheat for my NC30-35 skin. It is extremely finely milled and has a semi-matte and never a cakey finish. The given product will last a very long time, so I bought a sifter from Sephora and I scoop some of the product into there so the original stays fresh. The sponge is also very useful! After dusting the powder onto my face with a powder brush, I use the sponge to quickly seal in the powder and it leaves such a beautiful airbrushed finish. Will always repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this powder. Probably the finest I have ever tried and absolutely imperceptible when feathered on for a light dusting. Equally amazing layered and/or pressed on in concentration on problem spots over concealer. The finish is semi-matte and even with a light dusting sets and still allows a beautiful semi-dewey finish if desired. EDIT: still love the formula but I am opting for clearer/pinker tones and Becca caters more to yellow skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by akemi

I have tried other loose powders like Versace, Kanebo, Presciptives, etc. But for me, Becca seems to work the best. It gives me a natural and smooth look. It never looks cakey or powdery like others powders. I have strange skin it's oily but flakey and dehydrated. This powder does not accentuate the flakes on my face or make skin feel tight. It's a wonderful powder and I would definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2005 12:20:00 AM More reviews by julielouis

Gorgeous packaging and an even more fabulous product inside. I actually use the puff that comes with the powder...gasp....but it really works. What is really surprising is that I have never been a fan of loose powder. I know that all the experts say that it's necessary but I just never felt the love. Becca has made me a believer! I press the powder in after applying foundation and concealer. Oh, and if I'm using my Tarte gel I apply over that as well. This really works well to set your foundation for longer wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Becca loose powder okay but to be honest I have and continue to use almost every high end powder out there (from Shu Uemura to Giorgio Armani to T LeClerc to Versace) and I find this powder to be average but not better in any significant way than the other powders I have and still use. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so the color sesame has worked well for me. I have an oily t-zone and I don't find that Becca's powder controls the oil any better than any other powder - including the most average of drugstore powders like Coty or Cornsilk. Because I have at least two dozen (minimum)of full sized loose powder products I don't imagine that I will be running short soon and I don't have any compelling reason to rebuy this particular powder again.