MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/18/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily eyelids, with a lot of discoloration. I got this specifically for the discoloration problem, and I am thrilled with the results. It evens out the skin around my eyelids, makes the skin look smooth, and doesn't accentuate crepiness. I'm not sure how it performs as a shadow primer - I'll update in a week for that. But for getting rid of the dark red blotchiness that seems to have popped up since turning 40, this is wonderful.

Update: I have been wearing this daily for the last week, and it works nicely as a shadow primer, too. Previously I was wearing Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which I like as a primer, but that doesn't address my discoloration problems. This paint pot is a winner all around.

on 1/3/2014 1:46:00 AM

I freakin' love this!! Before buying this, my eyelids were always so oily and every eyeshadow creased on them. This miracle product mattifies my lids while keeping my eyeshadows in place all day! Love love love.

on 12/8/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I love Soft Ochre as an eye primer. At first when I tried it I found that it was way too drying on my eyelids, but then I read somewhere that this could be fixed by applying a tiny bit of moisturizer first and right after apply the paint pot. It went on so smooth, it worked! I love this as a primer and it really has great staying power. Love it!

on 12/8/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I only use this to even out my eyelids before eyeshadow.
I have to put another primer first or else this creases on me..(oily eyelids).

I'm a bit dissappointed because of the rave reviews.

Yes it is an oke product but i'm not in love with it...for me it just did not work out..

on 11/22/2013 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After trying (and hating!) Painterly, I kept seeing one of my favorite Youtubers (Nikkitutorials) talk about Soft Ochre. I realized it was probably much more suited to my skin tone than Painterly, and after one use I saw that was correct. Soft Ochre neutralizes the redness on my lids and brightens my eyes. It seems to do a pretty good job at covering the darkest parts of my dark circles too, and makes a nice base for concealer.

It's a little dry in texture, but as long as I warm it between my fingers it's just fine. My lids are prone to dry patches as well, so I just make sure that when I'm using this, I moisturize my lids well at night.

Soft Ochre really grabs eyeshadow pigment, and makes the colors truer to pan. I do get a little creasing after 10 or so hours, but that can be avoided with a thin layer of any primer underneath. I wouldn't recommend wearing it alone, it'll crease without a powder on top. Just set it with your regular powder or a nude shadow and you're good to go for a minimal look.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This product has changed my (eyeshadow) life. Oh my god. For the longest time I have been so frustrated with my oily eyelids and how no matter what I do shadows ALWAYS crease on 'em. I've been eyeing this for a while, and I have taken a liking to matte looks, this looked like a good base for my yellow undertones, I could go on and on...

Basically, UDPP + Soft Ochre is my ultimate combo.

Soft Ochre is my baby. I will repurchase forever and god forbid it gets discontinued.

on 10/28/2013 11:08:00 PM

I love using this as a primer and also to cover dark circles under my eyes. I use this eye shadow as the building base for my eye makeup routine. It has a soft feathery creamy texture and feel and looks as silky soft on my eye lids. It adds a little sparkle of shimmer while keeping my eye shadow color bold and long lasting.

on 10/28/2013 10:10:00 PM

My eye area has been showing more discoloration as I've gotten over 40, so after reading reviews, decided to try a paint pot. I was on the fence for a bit, between painterly and soft ochre, but realizing there is some pink in my skin, decided the soft ochre would help cancel that out a little better. Well, it does, and does a decent job as a primer, but here's the best part....I've started using this along the inner corner of my eye, and underneath it towards cheekbone. A little tap of it does wonders to clean up/finish my eye area after all other eye makeup complete. Kind of like a drier concealer. I think I like it more for that use than as an e/s primer! Anyway, it works for my skin tone and will be keeping a pot of it in my staples stash!

UPDATE: 6 months later and I don't miss a day with this stuff. Gives my aging eye area a nice even tone.

Update: It's been two months since my initial review and still really happy with this! I took it on vacation to Cabo where I did a very minimal makeup look (if at all), and this was an essential....cleaned up my lids and gave them a fresh look instead of the 44 year old, discolored eye area. :) I continue to use down into bridge of nose and below and love it!

on 10/21/2013 3:30:00 PM

This one is just lovely, I prefer those thick bases to the thin ones like the urban decay one which i never use anymore.
The only con is that it feels sticky at first, so I wouldnt wear it by itself but I always put shadows on later so ir doesnt really matters.

First I thought this shade would be too yellow for me, I went in to buy painterly but the lady at the store told me how nice she thought the yellowish one looked on red-ish lids for neutralizing and I rend to use yellow based foundations so it was the perfect match ! :D

I think it is very pricy, at least in iceland, its around 45 usd, but i dont regret the buy.
I also reccomend nyx shadow base for those on a budget, Its my second fav base.

on 10/6/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great for neutralizing the very dark, purple undertones of my lids, a perfect match for warmer, light skin tones (i'm a NC15-20). I own 6 paint pots and this is the most difficult to work with. It doesn't have the super creamy formula of the others, can appear patchy if not applied carefully but a great result can be achieved with practice. Will def buy again.