August 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm obsessed with this powder. I have it in the color medium dark (I'm NW 25). I used to hate this powder when I first got it but I decided to give it another chance. It makes you look flawless when applied with a dense kabuki brush (I like Sephora's Bronzer brush). I put this over my Garnier BB Cream and it looks like I'm wearing full coverage foundation but much less cakey. You can also wear this alone and it's very buildable. I already bought a backup so I never run out. I have combination skin and I don't find that this breaks me out or makes me get oily. I also have the Mineralize Skin Finish in "Give me Sun" which is a bronzer and I love that as well. It is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by rkaybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am SO in love with this product. I b*tched about powders all the time to my friend because stuff never matched my skin, never applied like I wanted it to, always looked chalky etc. When she started working at MAC she said alright come see me at work we're going to fix this. I straight trusted her judgement and didn't even have her try it on my skin and I used it the next day and i LOVE IT. It feels like I have the softest skin ever, controls my oil, doesn't breakout my oily skin (I even use liquid foundation below it, Revlon colorstay) and it looks flawless! I recomment this powder for evvveryone! I get compliments on my skin at least twice a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

with all the rave reviews about this product i decided to try it out and OMG it broke me out so much! I have got little rashes all over my face. I think its the talc that broke me out so its a no no for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I'm always leery of using powder foundations in the winter months due to my dry cheeks. The woman at the MAC counter said this particular powder is soft and good for dry skins. She matched me with medium plus. When I first tried it at home, I hated it. I used a heavy moisturizer and applied. By the end of the day my face felt a bit slick. The next day I applied a lighter moisturizer and voila, my face felt soft but not slick. I really liked the color, it matched and didn't turn orange on me. However by the second and third day I noticed some tiny breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. I rarely get pimples. I assume it's this powder because I haven't changed my skin care. If I didn't get these breakouts I would have kept this product. I'm returning this item to MAC soon! I paid $38.00 Canadian including the taxes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say. Beautiful, nice glow, blends in skin. Love this! I use Med deep as a NC45.
Can be too oily on my skin for hot days but overall gorgeous

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lintrann

When i wore this, i dont know but i got break outs, i heard so much things about this so i went out and spent 40 dollars on this, i use this as a concealer powder, so after im done using my concealer, i put this all around my eyes, i use the mac concealer that is in a plastic tube, with a black cap, triangle form in NC30, this product i wouldnt buy again,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on Saturday and am now writing this on Tuesday. When I bought it my skin was completely clear. I now have..wait for it...9 pimples. 4 on my forehead, 2 on my temple, 1 on my upper cheek and 2 on my lower cheek. That's all I have to say about that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Please people, if you want to review this in another colour than MEDIUM PLUS, the other colours are also on MakeupAlley - search "skinfinish".
I don't like this. When the MAC lady in the store applied this, it somehow looked amazing in the store lights, but after some time this oxidized badly on me and went all orange. I actually bought this to use as a BRONZER (originally, this colour suits about NC35 skin). The MAC lady suggested to take medium deep instead, and was really trying to convince me that it was better without explaining why. I thought medium deep would be too dark... but I guess it may not oxidize as this one does...
When first applied, this looks normal on me, but after about half an hour it starts oxidising. At the and of the day, I sometimes end up looking like an oompa loompa! I ended up like that when I was an NC25, and just as much as an NC15 now. I paid money for this, and there's like, 90% of the product left, so I want to be able to use it somehow, but I can't find a use for it! It makes my olive-toned skin look green in comparison to the awful orange of the product - truly horrible look XO Yes, I have kinda strong feelings when it comes to this, because I want to use it so badly, but it has caused me nothing but an awful apperance. I have tried to use a minimal amount and a blush over, applying very lightly, only on small surfaces. It seems like it oxidises badly, no matter how much or little I apply...! It's truly impossible for me to wear this in any way and look good....
I would've tried some of the other skin finishes because they're lightweight, naturally dewy and the amount you get is actually quite big. Only thing is: for some reason I seem to be allergic to it or it's clogging pores or something... not sure, ut my skin doesn't seem to like it. UPDATE: the ingredients of this aren't very good, and it contains bismuth oxychloride, which is an ingredient I have found in several other products that has broken me out.
Also: when I bought it, I thought it would control oil - it doesn't - you may end up very shiny very fast. This is for me a common problem with mineral powders - I kinda feel hot under them. I found that this didn't really increase the longevity of my foundation either, so it doesn't work as a setting powder for me. If applied a bit too much, it even makes the foundation crease.
This powder is pretty soft, so (at least I think so), you should have a pretty soft brush, or you can end up with a little too much on.
BTW, this looks just like a matte version of Arena (MAC) shadow. So, If you want a giga-sized matte version of Arena, I suggest this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

While I love MAC and this product, I feel like it is nothing special for the hefty price tag. A much cheaper alternative is the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder which is less than half of the price and works just as well. For $29, this powder does not do anything extraordinary. It is a finely milled almost translucent powder that is great for setting makeup and concealer but does not offer much coverage at all. After I finish this powder I will try some of the other MAC powders (Blot powder, studio careblend, studiofix) and see how they compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ilovebeautyy

This is a good powder, and good for and recommended for blotting. Also good to use to set makeup. This comes in handy, and a go to. Always good to have in your makeup bag, or with you.