April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessiboo5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore Neutrogena products, and my mascara I was using, Illegal Length by Maybelline, was dead and gone so I thought I'd try something new. This is an amazing mascara! It's got amazing ingredients such as; Olive oil to plump lashes, Beeswax for volume, and fruit oil to nourish and strengthen. I have sensitive eyes, but this mascara doesnt affect anything!!!! It doesn't flake, clump, or smudge all day! Definatly a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this mascara!!! It has a big brush but doesnt do anything for my lashes. It doesnt look like I'm wearing anything when I'm using this product. After applying it the first time it gave me racoon eyes. How is that even possible when it looked like I wasnt wearing mascara. And it BURNED he hell out of my eyes. Thats never happened to me before with any mascara. It went straight to the trash. After applying it I thought I'd keep it. Maybe I could try to make it work, nope!!! after burning my eyes out til they were bright red, NEVER AGAIN!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by marshmallowmoondrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really very shocked at how many positive reviews this mascara received. I got this Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara in the mail as a special free promotion online. Because it was free, I thought I would have an edge to liking this product, but I was wrong. Wow...what a horrible, awful mascara. I've used many mascaras in my time and this is definitely one of the worst. I applied the mascara (Black 02) on clean upper lashes and was extremely disappointed with the effect. It looked like I wasn't even wearing mascara. The brush was extremely big and clunky; hard to get a good, clean application. The other thing I noticed is that the mascara was very heavy..despite the fact that it didn't cover well. My lashes were very heavy after application. I'm a contact lens wearer, and also found the formula to be irritating after a few hours. After I put the mascara on, I asked my mom and my husband how my eyes looked. My mom said, "Oh..are you wearing makeup?" I told her I had put that free mascara on that I got in the mail and she said "Oh, wow...you don't even see it. I don't like that at all." I will definitely be sticking to my MaryKay LashLove that I have. I am so glad I got this product for free and did not waste money on it. When I wear mascara, I kinda want to look like I have nice, long, black lashes...and not that I just wasted my time putting some gunk on that does nothing. As I said, I am still extraordinarily surprised that this mascara got so many positive reviews. Glad I didn't read the reviews and actually buy this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great mascara for a daytime look. First of all, I love the wand--it is huge, which is helpful for separating lashes and avoiding the gunk that gets stuck on the tip of every mascara wand ever. Also, it is not clumpy at all, even after several coats. I bought the black/brown color, so it is not necessarily dramatic enough for an evening look. Also, it is extremely un-waterproof... more than other mascaras. But it is very pretty and does not flake or clump, so it's aces in my book!

Edit: This is the mascara I keep coming back to after being disappointed by others. I love it and won't be tempted by false promises of brands anymore. It lasts all day, and doesn't flake or smudge. Why stray? I think I'll try the waterproof version next.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I wasn't expecting to love it, only because I only associate Neutrogena with face washes and stuff. But it does a very good job of seperating lashes and defining them. I think it lengthened, but it was kind of hard to tell cuz I already have long eyelashes. The brush was great for seperating the lashes out. The only issue for me was that towards the end, it got kind of gunky and gross and clumpy, which I realize happens to all mascaras, but I felt like it ran out much faster than the other ones. But overall, it's one of the best drugstore ones I've ever used and I will definetely repurchase, which is not something I usually do :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by honeydirt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First thing I have to say is, I love this brush! It's the first thing I keep in mind when buying a mascara. It's dense and big and does a great job at applying mascara evenly through my lashes.

I find that one coat gives me a lot of coverage and sometimes two coats is pushing it, well for me at least. I've also noticed that it gives me a bit of lengthening too.

The only downside is that the formula is a bit dry and when my eyes tear up, this mascara definitely runs. But perhaps I'll try the waterproof formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by GaPeachy

I bought this in black brown as I've been unable to find my usual Maybelline Full n Soft mascara in that shade at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. lately.I love it as it brings out my blue eyes the same way the Maybelline mascara does. And no irritation either. A good everyday, natural looking mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice! I'm not sure if it's "healthy" but I think it's a nice everyday mascara. No clumps, no fuss especially before work. Don't really have to "work" with it if you know what I mean. Just on and out the door. It gives a nice coat and it does not flake for me. I've had it run a tiny bit but my eyes are watery from allergies right now so that's not a surprise.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Seashorechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to everyday mascara. I love that they make it in Black/Brown (so much better for a fair skin blonde). It's natural and not overly obtrusive, gives nice volume as it says, and it doesn't flake. Sometimes though it may smear a tiny bit, but not enough to irritate me. With most drugstore mascaras, I have found their formula feels very light, but thin, almost watery as it goes on. This has substance, but doesn't clump, and for that I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this but I couldn't. I only used one tube and never tried it again.

It does go on well and I liked the fact it was better for your lashes. It didn't prove to be anything better than that.
It ran off my lashes shortly after applying. It looked as if I had been crying. It didn't give any volume or define my lashes. It did give a decent black color but when it melts off your lashes, what's the point?

It was pretty expensive for a drug store brand that can't even preform.

Even if it had manged to remain on my eyes, it's not special anyway, like I had said. It would have been okay for errand running or short daytime activities. Major disappointment.

You can get higher quality product for cheaper, that's not as harsh on your eyes as well.