Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 5/16/2012 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have never been satisfied only using one coat of mascara... until I used this. I'm all about going big or going home, and my lashes are no exception. I want it all. Covergirl Lash Bast (original or fusion, it didn't matter to me) bas been my HG for a couple of years. I started experimenting with other mascaras because I just got bore with good ol' Lash Blast. Thank heavens I did.
I already have a decent amount of lashes with decent length, but this really takes them to the moon. I really could walk out of the house with only one coat and be completely happy.
This mascara has a very large brush. I've heard it being compared to Diorshow, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I am usually not HUGE fan of the BIG BIG brushes, but this one is different. The bristles are stiff enough that they don't get all wishy-washy when I apply.

I will recommend Neutrogena Healthy Volume to anyone. Its got a fair price, and its healthy for your lashes. MOST OF ALL, IT DELIVERS.

*****EDIT*****

Something that I have continually noticed, but failed to point out in my earlier review, is that the non-waterproof formula is DEFINITELY NOT WATERPROOF. I didn't buy the waterproof formula because I don't enjoy the process of taking waterproof mascaras off, but I don't want to constantly worry that if my eye tears up I'll have a black tear rolling down my face. I have found that this mascara smudges A LOT if your eye waters and has a tendency to run if it gets too wet. I imagine this is due to the natural ingredients, making the formula easily broken down by water. I really don't have a problem with watery eyes, so I still use and love this mascara. However, I felt like I should mention it. I know that this could be a real deal breaker for some buyers.

on 5/13/2012 12:02:00 AM

I thought this formula was on the dryer side, which I prefer. It gives great volume and a bit of length. It's kind of waxy, so my lashes stick together the more I put on: not incredibly layerable. But I use a disposable mascara wand to seperate. There's almost no flaking and my lashes stay soft, never that brittle mascara feel. So far, this is my favorite mascara.

on 5/7/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, YES!!! As I am always on the quest for a perfect mascara, I do believe that I have found the HOLY GRAIL with Neutrogena's Healthy Volume Carbon Black mascara. I have short, straight, light, and sparse lashes. I have every issue known to woman with mascara's. Most smudge or do not build any length or volume whatsoever. I was using Jordana's mascara for a while, but it smudged too bad by the end of the day. So, I randomly picked up the Healthy Volume at CVS and OMG!!! I'm in love. No smudging whatsoever. LONG and Voluminous lashes. No clumps, no flakes, no stiffness, no lash loss. This formula builds perfectly with each coat. I curl my lashes before applying this mascara and my lashes hold the curl until I wash it off, which by the way it washes off easily. I love the big, full brush. There is not one single bad thing that I can say about this mascara. I paid $9.99 for this and it is worth every single cent.

on 4/26/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm not loving the formula, but i adore the brush. Didn't buy it to be my main mascara, I layer so I use this 1st, and then put covergirl (the natural one) over this. On it's own no way, but I prefer a lighter base and then add for volume over it.......so it works for the way I apply my mascara.

on 4/26/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After being a Dior Show addict but not having the $$$, I decided to give this a try. It has the same Dior Show fat brush which I love for applying. It hasn't flaked or smudged at all, I would purchase again!

on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM

I adore Neutrogena products, and my mascara I was using, Illegal Length by Maybelline, was dead and gone so I thought I'd try something new. This is an amazing mascara! It's got amazing ingredients such as; Olive oil to plump lashes, Beeswax for volume, and fruit oil to nourish and strengthen. I have sensitive eyes, but this mascara doesnt affect anything!!!! It doesn't flake, clump, or smudge all day! Definatly a keeper!

on 1/26/2012 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I absolutely hate this mascara!!! It has a big brush but doesnt do anything for my lashes. It doesnt look like I'm wearing anything when I'm using this product. After applying it the first time it gave me racoon eyes. How is that even possible when it looked like I wasnt wearing mascara. And it BURNED he hell out of my eyes. Thats never happened to me before with any mascara. It went straight to the trash. After applying it I thought I'd keep it. Maybe I could try to make it work, nope!!! after burning my eyes out til they were bright red, NEVER AGAIN!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am really very shocked at how many positive reviews this mascara received. I got this Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara in the mail as a special free promotion online. Because it was free, I thought I would have an edge to liking this product, but I was wrong. Wow...what a horrible, awful mascara. I've used many mascaras in my time and this is definitely one of the worst. I applied the mascara (Black 02) on clean upper lashes and was extremely disappointed with the effect. It looked like I wasn't even wearing mascara. The brush was extremely big and clunky; hard to get a good, clean application. The other thing I noticed is that the mascara was very heavy..despite the fact that it didn't cover well. My lashes were very heavy after application. I'm a contact lens wearer, and also found the formula to be irritating after a few hours. After I put the mascara on, I asked my mom and my husband how my eyes looked. My mom said, "Oh..are you wearing makeup?" I told her I had put that free mascara on that I got in the mail and she said "Oh, wow...you don't even see it. I don't like that at all." I will definitely be sticking to my MaryKay LashLove that I have. I am so glad I got this product for free and did not waste money on it. When I wear mascara, I kinda want to look like I have nice, long, black lashes...and not that I just wasted my time putting some gunk on that does nothing. As I said, I am still extraordinarily surprised that this mascara got so many positive reviews. Glad I didn't read the reviews and actually buy this crap.

on 11/9/2011 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great mascara for a daytime look. First of all, I love the wand--it is huge, which is helpful for separating lashes and avoiding the gunk that gets stuck on the tip of every mascara wand ever. Also, it is not clumpy at all, even after several coats. I bought the black/brown color, so it is not necessarily dramatic enough for an evening look. Also, it is extremely un-waterproof... more than other mascaras. But it is very pretty and does not flake or clump, so it's aces in my book!

Edit: This is the mascara I keep coming back to after being disappointed by others. I love it and won't be tempted by false promises of brands anymore. It lasts all day, and doesn't flake or smudge. Why stray? I think I'll try the waterproof version next.

on 10/19/2011 12:12:00 PM

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I wasn't expecting to love it, only because I only associate Neutrogena with face washes and stuff. But it does a very good job of seperating lashes and defining them. I think it lengthened, but it was kind of hard to tell cuz I already have long eyelashes. The brush was great for seperating the lashes out. The only issue for me was that towards the end, it got kind of gunky and gross and clumpy, which I realize happens to all mascaras, but I felt like it ran out much faster than the other ones. But overall, it's one of the best drugstore ones I've ever used and I will definetely repurchase, which is not something I usually do :)