Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is too waxy for me. It doesn't do much, and it isn't very dark. It's a meh mascara for me. Oh and, I didn't notice any affects, as far as nourished or stronge lashes.

One of the only cosmetics that I refuse to shell out big bucks for is mascara, which lasts just a few months. As a result, I use only drugstore brands. I've now gone through 4 to 5 tubes of this over the past few years. On one hand, it has a nice, fat brush that gives excellent volume, it's relatively affordable, and it has a decent ingredients deck. On the other hand, it seems to mildly irritate my eyes, and every tube I've bought dries out and becomes REALLY flaky after just a month and a half, and I have to toss it in the trash (which I hate doing, being an eco gal.) I wish Neutragena would make the formulation more moisturizing/oily!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS! I have used lots of mascaras over my 35 years and this is a favorite. It doesnt aggravate my eyes. It doesnt flake off or leave me with raccoon eyes. The black color is great healthy shinny looking not chalky.I will and have repurchased this.

I didn't like it! It smudges waaaaaaaaaay too much. It flakes a lot and leaves plenty of clumpy eyelashes. Plus I hate applying millions of coats. Lash blast all the way!

This is great stuff for me! I have sensitive eyes, and many of the most popular drugstore mascaras make my eyes burn and water. Most of the mascaras that that don't irritate my eyes don't make my lashes look much better, either, but this is an exception. This mascara stays in place until I remove it at the end of the day without smearing or making me look like a raccoon, and it really makes my lashes look huge and glamorous. I haven't had any problems with irritation, even when I forget to take it off at night before bed (oops). I can actually wear mascara every day now that I've found this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have never been satisfied only using one coat of mascara... until I used this. I'm all about going big or going home, and my lashes are no exception. I want it all. Covergirl Lash Bast (original or fusion, it didn't matter to me) bas been my HG for a couple of years. I started experimenting with other mascaras because I just got bore with good ol' Lash Blast. Thank heavens I did.
I already have a decent amount of lashes with decent length, but this really takes them to the moon. I really could walk out of the house with only one coat and be completely happy.
This mascara has a very large brush. I've heard it being compared to Diorshow, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I am usually not HUGE fan of the BIG BIG brushes, but this one is different. The bristles are stiff enough that they don't get all wishy-washy when I apply.

I will recommend Neutrogena Healthy Volume to anyone. Its got a fair price, and its healthy for your lashes. MOST OF ALL, IT DELIVERS.

*****EDIT*****

Something that I have continually noticed, but failed to point out in my earlier review, is that the non-waterproof formula is DEFINITELY NOT WATERPROOF. I didn't buy the waterproof formula because I don't enjoy the process of taking waterproof mascaras off, but I don't want to constantly worry that if my eye tears up I'll have a black tear rolling down my face. I have found that this mascara smudges A LOT if your eye waters and has a tendency to run if it gets too wet. I imagine this is due to the natural ingredients, making the formula easily broken down by water. I really don't have a problem with watery eyes, so I still use and love this mascara. However, I felt like I should mention it. I know that this could be a real deal breaker for some buyers.

I thought this formula was on the dryer side, which I prefer. It gives great volume and a bit of length. It's kind of waxy, so my lashes stick together the more I put on: not incredibly layerable. But I use a disposable mascara wand to seperate. There's almost no flaking and my lashes stay soft, never that brittle mascara feel. So far, this is my favorite mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, YES!!! As I am always on the quest for a perfect mascara, I do believe that I have found the HOLY GRAIL with Neutrogena's Healthy Volume Carbon Black mascara. I have short, straight, light, and sparse lashes. I have every issue known to woman with mascara's. Most smudge or do not build any length or volume whatsoever. I was using Jordana's mascara for a while, but it smudged too bad by the end of the day. So, I randomly picked up the Healthy Volume at CVS and OMG!!! I'm in love. No smudging whatsoever. LONG and Voluminous lashes. No clumps, no flakes, no stiffness, no lash loss. This formula builds perfectly with each coat. I curl my lashes before applying this mascara and my lashes hold the curl until I wash it off, which by the way it washes off easily. I love the big, full brush. There is not one single bad thing that I can say about this mascara. I paid $9.99 for this and it is worth every single cent.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm not loving the formula, but i adore the brush. Didn't buy it to be my main mascara, I layer so I use this 1st, and then put covergirl (the natural one) over this. On it's own no way, but I prefer a lighter base and then add for volume over it.......so it works for the way I apply my mascara.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After being a Dior Show addict but not having the $$$, I decided to give this a try. It has the same Dior Show fat brush which I love for applying. It hasn't flaked or smudged at all, I would purchase again!

Popular Mascaras