October 22, 2014 | 1029 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MAComella31

I'm definitly so-so with this product, it has probably medium coverage, some pros and cons for it are
Pros: Great color, i love the built in roll down brush, lots of powder inside.
Cons: takes of a lot of the liquid fondation i applied before it, even after letting it dry. also, it smelled like cat urine,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I got this in Light. The brush isn't soft enough but I think it might be good to use in a pinch say in the car or something when you are not at home. I am 38. This product accentuated my fine crow's feet around my eyes!! Yikes! I think it made me look older instantly! It didn't reduce the slight pinkness around my nose or my chin. There is little noticeable pigment. I tried this on my 10 and 12yo daughter's and it looked powdery on them and they have beautiful youthful skin! It cost me $13.99 in a promotion to buy one get one half off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by fma4theworld

My first foray into mineral foundation, so I can't comment on the brush. I thought it was usable, not the highest quality around but it managed to do it's job.

Coverage is light to medium, it does accentuate dry spots, but nothing a bit of moisturizer can't fix.

When you first put it on and blend, it does look a little bit ashy, but leave it on for a while, check back in 30 minutes and WOW it mixed with the oil on my skin and turned into a natural matte complexion.

I would recommend it for people with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I wish there was a "maybe" option for the "would you purchase again?" question. I'm on the fence about that. I HATE the packaging. I didn't even bother with the joke of a brush and sifter it came with. I "depotted" and put into an old sifter container that I had from another brand. I really like this foundation in terms of the coverage. I like a light/medium coverage and that is exactly what this provides. I would say you can build it up, but be careful and make sure to blend really well. You don't want to look powdery or cake-y. It has a very light, strange scent. It wears off with time, but it's kind of noticable and some may not like it. I feel like the powder is finely milled and I like that it has SPF. I don't remember what color I chose since I depotted it, but they have a nice color selection for drugstore. This was my first mineral foundation and I like it better than the L'Oreal one, but I would like to try other stuff out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupforever18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im initially a liquid foundation user but I realised that a lot of the liquid foundations were causing me breakouts and I have to use some sort of coverage almost on a daily basis to go out or go to work since I have acne scars as well as a few breakouts here and there but there wasnt a chance for my skin to breath or heal so I thought mineral foundation would be my alternative.Here are my thoughts on this product. Firstly this mineral foundation makes your face itch like crazy when you first apply it although I havent experienced any other irritations other then that. I bought the colour light/medium and I did find the coverage light to a bit more but certainly not medium. Also I do not advise on layering too much on your face cause it can start looking powdery and if you have dry skin or patches then you may want to stay away. Also it has the most inconvenient packaging since its so bulky and the brush isnt useful either since it can be so harsh and irritating on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by myrubyslippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awful is my general reaction to this foundation.
First of all the brush is atrocious, it feels as if I am using a sweeping brush on my face!, it really was frightful. I also found it to be far to short and stubby. The next problem I had is the container, I found it extremely difficult to get any powder out of it.Once I had some of product on the brush and applied it to my face, the foundation clung to every imperfection and It made my already dry skin appear dull.
I'm disappointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well. I hesitated to buy this because everyone says package leaves a lot to be desired. I think all Revlon needed to do is leave the top wide and not narrow, make up the container wider and that would have allowed them to place a bigger brush. I still think that drugstores should come down a bit in price too-all of them. the L'Oreal has a nicer brush but the coverage-well not great.

I have oily skin and this worked well for me. I dumped the powder on the palm of my hand and used a regular brush- lasted through yoga-.
I liked the coverage better than the L'Oreal. and them moved on with life!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mineral foundation is by far, the worst i have ever used.
When you are ghostly pale and warm toned, you really will try anything for that HG foundation. I made the mistake of buying this when mineral foundations started to take off.
The brush resembles some kind of cosmetic torture device. Short, spikey, synthetic and small. Very, very small. Apply the chalky pale pink powder with this on a daily basis and it'll be a miracle if you have a face left to apply make up to!
Application withought the brush was a nightmare anyway - i tried using a few kabukis and various mac brushes. Coverage was no better than using even the cheapest drugstore setting powder and though the brushes had varied results, none of them helped to get an even finish. I cannot comment on lasting power, as it itched so badly, i had to scrub it. The only feeling the remained was red and angry skin, let down once again by out granny's favourite make up brand and another tenner down. I'm not angry, Revlon, just very disappointed...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of on the fence about this powder foundation. It is great for normal/oily skin & especially for the hot, humid summer months. However, if your skin is the least bit dry & flaky, make sure you put a light layer of moisturizer on first, let it sink in, & then apply. Otherwise your skin will feel tight and look drier & flakier. The colors tend to be a little more on the peachy/pinky side, so the color selection is not the most neutral. I am fair skinned so I chose FAIR/LIGHT, which is *pretty* neutral. Also, the built in brush is actually not too bad -- it's just really too small. I actually prefer Everyday Minerals - (large color selection) & Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder - (great matte coverage).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by pigeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

1. This brush this powder comes with is horrible.
2. The palest shade is still quite dark.
3. On dry skin it looks HORRIBLE clinging to every imperfection.
4. Using the revlon primer with it seems to make this worse.

Won't buy again.