November 28, 2014 | 1310 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

First and foremost, I'm a huge fan of mineral makeup because it is so easy to apply and i never have to worry about spilling gooey liquid makeup or using a bacteria harboring sponge. I find that mineral makeup helps cover up blemishes better than any liquid or matte mouse makeup. Having said all that I was very tempted to try Mineral Power Powder Foundation. The package includes a travel mineral brush which is very helpful since i am always on the run. I found that i had to put on a little bit more than i regularly do for mineral makeup to reach the coverage that i desired. I found that my face looked a little but paler then usual and a little chalky/dusty look. This makeup did not give me a smooth flawless finish and did not last all day. I will most likely not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I usually use revlon colorstay liquid foundation, but I love this for when I want a natural look. I just use this with concealer on my blemishes and my skin looks amazing but natural. It's never caused me to break out or make my pimples worse. I know i'll definitely be using this a lot in the summer.
Btw, the kabuki that comes with this is horrible and veryyyyy scratchy so just use your own powder or kabuki brush - the powder brush from e.l.f. for $3 works great with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by elpet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for a few years, and it's great. I have quite pale skin and it's in good condition, so I really feel no need to wear a liquid or cream foundation, so I use this pretty much everyday. I use the 'Classic Ivory' colour and although it looks orange, once it's blended in on my skin it's a beautiful colour that just makes my skin look more complete, if that makes any sense. Doesn't cause any irritation & I can have it on my face for many hours before a touch up is required.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by stylestar143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff it's great, it provides excellent coverage and matches me perfectly. And it stays on all day with maybe one retouch for oily skin. I can't get any liquid foundation to stay on all day so this stuff is a lifesaver! I like it way better than liquid foundation! Definitely reccomended

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use Bare Minerals Foundation in Light which was a very good match for my skin. However, it costs $27 online so when I rant out I decided to give Maybelline's Mineral Power a try. It was $11.99 at Walgreens so on the plus side I did save quite of bit of money! The color I got is Nude Light 4. I have to say it is slightly darker than than the Bare Minerals one. Looks like MAC NW25 or maybe 30 for reference. It is a bit dark but this is only my second day wearing it and it has not started to turn orange on my face yet so hopefully I won't have to go back and get the Natural Ivory or Classic Ivory.

UPDATE: As I was driving home the next day in the late afternoon I looked in the mirror and noticed my face was orange. Ugh! I happened to be in front of Rite Aid so I pulled in to see if I could get the Natural Ivory or Classic Ivory. I was in luck and it was priced at $9.99! Good thing I stopped at Rite Aid because it was $2 cheaper than the Walgreen's price! I ended up getting the Classic Ivory because the Natural Ivory looked way too pink. The result? Okay it is a bit light but I have to say I've been using it every day for a week and it makes my complexion look good and doesn't turn orange on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by winslowtag

ok so first of all, im very pale, so i bought the lighted colour, which i thought would be good. but literally, it is orange. maybelline does a terrible job of making a good colour for fair skinned people. not only with this makeup, but with their mousse stuff. it all makes me look orange... anyway , no , I wouldn't recommend buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Cobaltnails

i like putting this on after my foundation. It makes my face look less oily and works great. The brush is horrible though and when I wash it, it starts smelling really bad. I dont really like the packaging but its a great product otherwise. The colour blends well with your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mrinal96

I used this mineral powder for a long time. At first I had it in Light - 4 then went to Light - 5. It got a little too orange/tan for me, though:/ But, I must say, the coverage is AMAZING! It covered up all my little imperfections and kept my fact oil free for hours on end. It made my skin look flawless and it felt super light :) I would recommend this for people with a lighter, more yellow skin tone though. I'm more of a warm, light-caramel colour so it didn't really match colour - wise. Other than that, I love the brush and the powder itself :) I wouldn't repurchase it though, personally, just because I want to find something a little closer to my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

The container is actually not that messy so I like that. I like the Kabuki brush unlike pretty much everyone else and the brush is also great for applying my L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. The brush pickws up pigment really well. I actually use this as powder because i like powders with pigment and I LOVE mineral powder/foundation. I wear this over my BB cream. This Provided medium coverage and more as you layer it, my bags were almost gone after this. This was quite expensive for a drugstore item at around 13-14 dollars. My only problem is that it can feel cakey if you add too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish this powder came in more colors. If it did, I would rate it a 5. It doesn't provide much coverage, but I use it over my liquid foundation to help set my foundation and help prevent "shininess" due to my oily skin. It helps absorb oil and set makeup well. The brush that comes with it is horrible, so use your own, but I rarely count brushes that come with cheapo-makeup in my ratings. The powder dispenses pretty messily into the cap, but I always invert the cap while it's closed to get a small amount into the cap area and use my kabuki to apply. I have very pale skin and the lightest shade they have is too dark and looks like I'm applying bronzer. If they came in more shades, I would be happier and rate this more than a 3 (though in reality, I'd rate this a 3.5). Costs between $8.5-9.5 depending on where you buy it.