September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by muppet1

A great cleanser for my rosacea prone skin that also calms my acne and seems to make my skin look less blotchy and more flawless, and makes my skin feel comfortable and supple. Helps with radiance due to the mild exfoliation, which helps as using seperate exfoliator always causes some slight temporary redness and burning sensation so its nice not really needing to use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A cleanser isn't going to do anything to tone down redness, however this doesn't provoke or irritate my skin either. This is a very mild, gentle cleanser, great if you don't wear a lot of makeup, or good to use in the morning. This won't remove makeup because it lacks detergents, which is why it's great for sensitive skin. This smells so fresh, and clean, but in a subtle way. The consistency is a gel/cream, which doesn't lather. One of Clinique's best cleansers!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

So I went back to Clinique to return a "foaming" cleanser that didn't work only to be talked into buying this cleanser that doesn't work either. *sigh*. Not sure if it really calms the redness, I only used it once or twice and I didn't really see a difference in my skin. One thing I do know for sure is that it doesn't clean. After I washed my face with it, I still had makeup & oil on my face. I guess I'll just go back to the mild face soap, seeing as that seems to be the only Clinique cleanser that actually cleans.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by heytherenicolex

I have pretty sensitive skin which always tends to be red, so I bought a tube of this in hopes that it would bring down the redness, or at least just be gentle on my skin. This is *very* gentle, but it does a great job in my opinion of taking off makeup (although I suggest you try to take as much off with makeup remover first). It leaves my skin feeling fairly comfortable, although my redness has not gone down. That could always just be because I'm not using the other redness solutions products with it, though.

I don't like the packaging much, though. There's some weird opening in the packaging so you don't have to screw off the cap, just twist a bit and product comes out. This is nice, but I don't like that once I twist it closed, more product comes out. Just make sure you take a bit less than what you want so when the cleanser comes out at the end you're not wasting product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BBACK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and it gets terribly dry in the winter. No cleansers were working for me; even the Clinique Extra-Mild Cleanser felt too harsh. I decided to try this out and I absolutely love it! It's fragrance-free and feels so gentle, but still feels like it's doing something. The Redness Solutions line is fabulous, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has extremely delicate skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by normalgirlnyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

horrible cleanser -- doesn't remove anything, especially if you have anything waterproof or long-lasting. my moisturizer does a better job removing makeup than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by choxolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser :) I've been hooked on this stuff for the past few years, my skin feels so soft, clean, and fresh every time I use it. And it actually did work wonders on the redness I've always experienced on the lower part of my cheeks, which I really didnt expect from a $20 cleanser. I usually use my Lancome makeup remover, follow with this cleanser, then use the Clinique Dramatically Different magic yellow lotion, this combination really seems to keep my skin feeling and looking healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had major breakouts from the take the day off cleansing balm, took that product back and got this one instead. Seriously, I had over 20 breakouts from the balm and had to go to the derm. I started using this product last week as the initial make-up remover followed by my liqued facial soap mild. This is a GREAT product!! It smells awesome (like cold cucumbers) , removes make-up pretty well and does a great job! not sure if it would be enough as a stand alone make-up remover, leaves a lotiony finish. But my breakouts have nearly completely resolved in one week of using the cleanser! I love it! Probably will keep this one to replace the balm ( never again) and my previously used comforting cream cleanser. Love , love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice soothing cleanser for sensitive skin but it won't remove makeup, you'll have to use a separate makeup remover. It's creamy and does not foam but also doesn't irritate my skin like the Clinique Extra Mild Liquid Soap does. I still prefer my Cerave cleanser though, cheaper and leaves no residue when I rinse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by anatiku

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It didn't take all the makeup off, and left kind of a greasy feeling. I had to use a toner after that, which I hate.
On the bright side: no frangrance.
There are far better cleansers half the price.