September 18, 2014 | 1763 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by KatieDruitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to think Chanel products were all about the name. Until I tried this....I cannot rave enough about this product. It smells AMAZING, every morning when I wake up tired, putting this on puts a smile on my face. At the end of the day my MUFA still looks perfect...with no pores!!! Can I say more...will always use this thank you Chanel. I am a person always searching for better.....I have stopped looking for better primer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this product and I wouldn't want to be without it. I started using this last year because I decided to abandon using powder over foundation now that my skin is more mature and is starting to get fine lines. I had never used a primer before and had read great reviews about this one. I have fairly good skin, but nonetheless, my pores are visible...until I apply this product. My pores literally shrink before my eyes when I apply this. It also fills in the little fine lines and reduces oiliness that develops late on a hot day (but it's not drying, mind you). I was wearing this under Chanel's Teint Innocence, until they discontinued it. Now I'm using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and this product works just as great under that. I hope that they never discontinue this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LMQ1

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. My skin needs a primer in the tzone. I have used all sorts for my liquid foundation in the past and have settled on two which work best with my favorite liquids: Lancome Teint Idole and Miracle and Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere. Laura Mercier oil free primer works best for my skin in general and I use it religiously with my Lancome liquids and skin care regime including my suncare SPF 30 products. As you can see I need a primer that not only protects but works well with makeup for my combo/oily skin. For the summer I have been using the same regime with Chanel's Aqua but I had that terrible flaky balling mess that can occur with poor combinations of primer:foundation. I don't know what it is in the Chanel that doesn't like Laura Mercier but they do not cohabitate well. I thought it may be the sunscreen product but I tried no primer one day and Chanel worked fine as a natural look-unfortunately my make up did not last well after 4 hours. I did not have a sliding mess but my ruddiness and pores were more apparent. It simply started to faintly dissapear without primer for my skin. The Chanel associate recommended this and sure enough it worked great. It is a thicker consistency than LM something akin to a liquidy honey. It surprisingly blends well and has a pleasant fragrance for me at least. I only wear this with Chanel and it keeps my makeup true for about 8 hours (I've never worn it longer) and it gives an nice glow. You don't need much and I suppose it will last well into the winter as I alternate my liquids. I do not like the spatula it comes with; I so wish there was a pump. I hate to waste this product as it is pricey but if I stay with Aqua I will have to settle for being a primer collector.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second bottle now. I will always repurchase this product as it gives me an inner lit look and works very well with any of the foundtions I own.

I think this primer/corrector probably works better on older women as it is a bit moisturizing and might not give the desired effect on a younger person.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by LeniNZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product after reading all the rave reviews, but I just can't! I have tried applying this base in every different way I can think of - with moisturiser under, without moisturiser, brush application vs. finger application etc etc.

Part of the problem seems to be my very dry skin but there are several reviewers on MUA who say that this product worked very well on their dry skin.

So here's what this product does for me: It highlights my dry skin, refuses to sink into my skin, does not 'bond' with my Vitalumiere Aqua at all, and makes my foundation rub off REALLY easily.

The packaging looks nice, but the spatula is not convenient at all.

Sorry Chanel, I tried, but I just can't learn to like it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is terrible. It gave me whiteheads after just 7 hours of wearing it. I didn't even need to sleep in it to gain 2 new whiteheads. It also made my skin itch like crazy. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, just thinned out from accutane.

But this made my Chanel liquid foundation go on more smoothly, smoothed out my slightly flaky cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had bought this product upon the urging of a MUA at a Chanel event. I was not exactly sure what it was used for or how to use it. I do not use primers regularly and I have a fair complexion with just a wee bit of hyperpigmentation. I had let this sit in my makeup case for a long while and then I began to put it on under my foundation thinking that it was a primer. The feel of the liquid is much different from the silicone types of under foundation products. Blanc de Chanel is very smooth and almost hydrating. But more importantly, it really brightens and evens out the skintone. When I reached the bottom of the little jar, I started dipping into it with a q-tip to get the last little drop. The price is a little hefty so I did not repurchase this as it is not a staple but if is definitely an effective product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by katy24

This primer(also highlighter) is great for the winter & I discovered it in February so I had some time to play with it! I mix this with my Pro Longwear in NC25 to lighten the color&thin out the foundation. I have found longwearing foundation oxidize over time(get darker) in the bottle& then I can't wear them in the winter.Le Blanc deChanel is a white primer so it definately lightens the color& it does not interefer with the wear of the foundation.It can be used as a spot highlighter also. I would not use this as a primer for moisturizing foundations such as ProLumiere,it would be too shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by laurajones

Honestly, i see no difference to my foundation when im not wearing this. I only like it for using on the dry parts of my skin (ie. round my nose, and between my eyebrows) because it hydrates it a bit before i apply foundation. Because of this, this product sat on my shelf for a few weeks, as i hated it as a base... until a friend online told me you could use it ontop of your makeup. It makes a lovely highlighter, which for me makes this product ok. but its alot of money to spend just on a highlighter. However, the packaging is lovely, and i think it will last such a long time. If you mix it with your foundation it gives you such a pretty glow! I like it...but im tempted to try the Gemma Kidd dewy glow now instead?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by 2boymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer purchase ever so I'm not sure how it compares to other primers. Having said that, this product was recommended to me by a friend and so far, I love it! It does brighten up my face and gives it a nice glow! Makes my foundation last throughout the day with no problems. Overall I would purchase again but for goodness sake Chanel, please include a pump!! I've seen less expensive primers with far better packaging that includes a pump!