Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, ethylhexyl palmitate, talc, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel extract) water, propylene glycol, glycerin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, butylene glycol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, silica dimethyl silyate, methylparaben, disteardimonium hectorite, propylparaben, fragrance, BHT, laminaria digitata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, denatonium benzoate, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 1/14/2012 12:41:00 AM

Originally purchased skeptically to tone down the look of the Hydramax+ tinted moisturizer (also Chanel) which i love the look and feel of but was a tad too dark for my skin tone. Mixed with the Blanc de Chanel, it was perfect! I am on my third bottle now, as I realized that this product does a million things. On my "good" days I can use it over my moisturizer (Laura Mercier Flawless Tone Perfecting Creme) and skip foundation altogether. When used with foundation, I only need to use a drop or two of foundation as the Blanc helps your foundation go a long way. The packaging is unfortunate, but I apply it directly to a round makeup sponge and that seems to work the best. When the bottle gets low, I just store it upside down until it's empty. It's a perfect product....adds glow without being glittery or overly dewy.... lets you touch up and add glow for evening without having to re-do your entire face.... nice highlight for browbone.... it's just an all-around great product. Chanel has an odd habit of discontinuing their great products so I stock up on this one whenever I have 45$ I don't know what to do with...lol. It is a bit pricey, but for a go-to "holy grail" product, we all know it is worth it!

on 1/11/2012 11:17:00 AM

Works averagely. Don't like the packaging as it does not come with a pump. Easily spilled! However, its watery texture makes it easy to glide on the face. Not the best make up base so far...

on 10/31/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This greatly improves the way my skin looks with and without foundation. It just imparts luminosity and healthy radiance to the skin with NO sparkle or shine.
I also use it to highlight the cheekbones.

on 10/10/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great primer, love it!

on 9/26/2011 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After having this for almost a year already I still can't make up my mind about it. I don't have much experience with primers. I don't need the oil control and I rarely do a "full make-up" face. The reason I bought this was to mix it with my foundations - I'm very fair and I end up with a lot of foundations that are just a bit too dark. This ended up being too sheer to really work for this purpose (it does work to make heavy foundations that are too matte or with too much coverage for my liking silkier and sheerer, though.) However, I recently purchased a powder foundation that was borderline dark - and which would oxidise and worsen throughout the day. This makes an amazing base for that. It actually makes it look lighter and prevents the shade from darkening. It also prevents the powder from emphasizing dry/flaky areas, which is often a big problem for me. I need to use quite a heavy moisturizer underneath which seems to prevent the fragrance and cones from upsetting my skin too much. I TRY to use a thin layer of this - but of course it's pretty much impossible to get the right amount out of that bottle. I also sometimes use this as a subtle highlighter. With my current use this would probably last me 2-3 years, at least - but it apparently only lasts 12 months after opening, which will mean throwing away 90% of the product in a couple of months. If Chanel would only package this in a more hygienic and practical way it would probably be fine to use much longer.

on 9/23/2011 1:40:00 AM

My make up routine has never involved a primer, but out of sheer curiousity, i decided to give Le Blanc a shot. The price is a bit on the steep side, but I foresee 1 bottle will be able to last me for quite a bit. Ahhh the infamous packaging problem. I really wonder why Chanel didnt add a pump to this one. It would make things so much easier. Being a clumsy klutz, trying to pour out a bit for use is definitely a no-no. The stick provided is totally pointless too. The best way for me to use this was to tilt the capped bottle upside down, unscrew the cap, and use that bit of product that is stuck to the cap using my fingers. probably not the most hygenic method, but it does the job. :) I love the heavenly smell of Le Blanc, and it feels almost like a luxury to apply it in the mornings. After applying a thin layer of Le Blanc, redness on my face was minimized, and overall my face just looks fresher. Applying foundation is a breeze after this (current foundation- Clinque's Perfectly Real liquid foundation). The overall look is really radiant, and makes the skin look flawless. It doesnt alter the colour of your foundation. Throughout the day, I noticed that my makeup stays much longer, and oil don't shine through till almost the end of the day. LOVES! will definitely repurchase. :)

on 9/6/2011 7:11:00 AM

This has definitely improved the appearance of my mature fine and sensitive skin when applied without moisturizer and under my Vitalumiere.
However, the bottle is a nightmare, with a wide neck and a virtually useless plastic stick. The plastic stick is presumably to keep the contents of the bottle clean. But where do you put the stick after use? It won't even balance nicely on the top of the lid, so when it falls off you have to clean it or you might as well never have bothered with the stick.
Why on earth does this product not come in a small pump bottle of the type that contains Vitalumiere?
Then to add to the insult, the tester bottle of Blanc de Chanel in the store display from which we sample the product does come in a small pump bottle.
What on earth are Chanel thinking of?
If it wasn't for the hopeless packaging I'd have probably rated this product a 5 overall, because the expense would have been justified if the packaging was appropriate.
Next time I'll look for a similar product in appropriate packaging.

on 8/24/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to think Chanel products were all about the name. Until I tried this....I cannot rave enough about this product. It smells AMAZING, every morning when I wake up tired, putting this on puts a smile on my face. At the end of the day my MUFA still looks perfect...with no pores!!! Can I say more...will always use this thank you Chanel. I am a person always searching for better.....I have stopped looking for better primer!!

on 7/31/2011 9:04:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this product and I wouldn't want to be without it. I started using this last year because I decided to abandon using powder over foundation now that my skin is more mature and is starting to get fine lines. I had never used a primer before and had read great reviews about this one. I have fairly good skin, but nonetheless, my pores are visible...until I apply this product. My pores literally shrink before my eyes when I apply this. It also fills in the little fine lines and reduces oiliness that develops late on a hot day (but it's not drying, mind you). I was wearing this under Chanel's Teint Innocence, until they discontinued it. Now I'm using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and this product works just as great under that. I hope that they never discontinue this!

on 5/27/2011 10:44:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. My skin needs a primer in the tzone. I have used all sorts for my liquid foundation in the past and have settled on two which work best with my favorite liquids: Lancome Teint Idole and Miracle and Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere. Laura Mercier oil free primer works best for my skin in general and I use it religiously with my Lancome liquids and skin care regime including my suncare SPF 30 products. As you can see I need a primer that not only protects but works well with makeup for my combo/oily skin. For the summer I have been using the same regime with Chanel's Aqua but I had that terrible flaky balling mess that can occur with poor combinations of primer:foundation. I don't know what it is in the Chanel that doesn't like Laura Mercier but they do not cohabitate well. I thought it may be the sunscreen product but I tried no primer one day and Chanel worked fine as a natural look-unfortunately my make up did not last well after 4 hours. I did not have a sliding mess but my ruddiness and pores were more apparent. It simply started to faintly dissapear without primer for my skin. The Chanel associate recommended this and sure enough it worked great. It is a thicker consistency than LM something akin to a liquidy honey. It surprisingly blends well and has a pleasant fragrance for me at least. I only wear this with Chanel and it keeps my makeup true for about 8 hours (I've never worn it longer) and it gives an nice glow. You don't need much and I suppose it will last well into the winter as I alternate my liquids. I do not like the spatula it comes with; I so wish there was a pump. I hate to waste this product as it is pricey but if I stay with Aqua I will have to settle for being a primer collector.