L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hate lip glosses; they're sticky, drying, and usually have horrible pigmentation. But I stopped by at CVS for the 75% off sale and thought about giving this lip gloss a try. I have never been so happy with a longshot.

The wand is different- in a good way; it beats the squeezy tubes. The wand end is flat with a little hole in the middle. The applicator allows you to get the right amount of product in one application. The tiny tip is great for getting the corners. I currently only purchased Rebel Red. I was contemplating whether or not to get the plumping ones since I already have full lips but I love the feel. The pigmentation is magnificent and the texture is smooth but still a little too sticky for my taste. There is some fine shimmer but it's not too overbearing and it's tolerable. The gloss is buildable and the price is reasonable.

On my lips, after eating, talking, and drinking, stayed on for 8 hours even though it only claims to stay on for 6 hours. So main point: the lasting power is incredible.

I will be repurchasing! The prices range between $4.50 - $9.50 depending where you get them. There is a significant amount of colors to choose from, mostly plums and pinks- including the plumping collection.

Enjoy!(:

on 1/18/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I just started using these lipglosses and I have to say that I like them. I have three(Sangria, Rebel Red and Raisin Glaze) and all three flatter my skin and have enough color for my pigmented lips. At first I didn't like the slightly tacky feeling after the color settled, but now it doesn't bother me. The shine is noticeable, yet not blinding and the scent is tolerable. I also like the applicator, even though it's a new shape for me. Oh and I think the shimmer makes them more appealing for evening, yet still natural enough for day. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants quality lipglosses for less money.
Oh and they also have these in a formula that plumps lips, but I don't use those because my lips are big.

I have this in Modern Mauve. The first time I used it, I hated it because of the smell, so it sat unused for quite a long time. Recently I decided to pick it up again, and now I like it a lot! Applied on bare lips, it is MLBB sheer mauve with subtle shimmer, very flattering. But the best part of this gloss is its ability to transform lipsticks into pure gorgeousness. I'm not sure if all the other Infallible shades are like this, but Modern Mauve makes EVERY lipstick look so incredible! And it seals in the color on my lips so the lipstick lasts for many hours. I rather like the wand, it is an interesting heart shape with a hole that collects gloss (the wand kinda reminds me of an innoculating loop...I think I've been spending too much time in the science lab at school LOL). It applies smooth but kind of "dries down" to a tacky finish, which prolongs the wear time. It does not last 6 hours (duh, show me a gloss that does!) but it lasts more like 2 or 3. It isn't exactly sticky but it has an adhesive like texture....it doesn't really bother me but may bother some. But if you can handle a MAC lipglass, you can certainly handle this. The scent is kind of medicinal, sort of like faint Carmex, but I've gotten used to it now. They sell for like $10 at Walgreens and about $7 at Walmart. Anyway, I plan on getting more shades because it's made my lipstick collection so much more versatile!

on 12/2/2010 3:46:00 PM

One of the worst lg coverage wise. I got Sangria and the color was not too bad but it looked so patchy even on well exfoliated lips.

Not sure what the applicator is supposed to accomplish but it is oddly shaped and makes it difficult to get the shape of your lips filled in accurately.

For eight bucks you should get a nice lip brush and not a weird floppy triangular foam thing.

Lasts about 2 hours.

Very *Fallible*, sadly.

on 12/2/2010 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!!!!! I own several of these l/g and they are great! They feel great on, they apply easily, not sticky or goopy or drying. They are a little bit tacky due to the the long wear aspect but they are not sticky. The colors are so pretty and are best tried on, I have suede and sangria (not that great in the tube) but on my lips they are beautiful. I like the feel of the applicator, its like a diamond shaped doe foot. The scent is also very tolerable, an important factor in whether or not I will be loyal to a product or not. Usually ULTA has a Bogo50 on L'Oreal so I stockup then. I love this product and would rather use this than a h/e longwear lipgloss anyday!!

on 10/18/2010 1:39:00 PM

I see in the previous reviews that there is some confusion between the regular Infallible Lip Gloss (which is the product listed here) and the Infallible Plumping Lip Gloss, which is a different product. I see the comment made in some of the reviews that this didn't plump as it was supposed to; I am not sure if the plumping formula actually plumps, as I have not tried that one yet, but this original formula is not advertised as being plumping. Anyhow, on to my review of this formula.

I love it! It is a stickier lip gloss, but not unpleasantly so, and I think the stickiness is what helps it last longer. After wearing it for a few hours, I notice that it is not as glossy as when first applied, but it still has a very nice sheen. I don't have any problems with it wearing off unevenly, which is so often a problem with longer wearing lip products. I was able to eat or drink with it on. I haven't gone a full 6 hours with it, but it lasts for several hours and still looks great. My lips never feel dry while wearing this, or after taking it off. It seems quite moisturizing. It has a good color payoff, not sheer. Love it, plan to buy it in more colors.

on 10/18/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this in 106/Plumped Pink

Doesn't last quite 6 hours and I didn't find my lips were any plumper but I still love this lip gloss. The shade is such a pretty light pink. It's got very small little sparkles in this particular shade.

The consistency of the product is a little thicker than most lip glosses I have used. It's not at all sticky or goopy though. Less seems to be more though!

It does have a bit of a fragrance to it which I'm not super fond of.

The bottle is sleek and elegant-looking. The wand makes it very easy to apply.

The only downside.. it's about $14CAD here. Which to me is a little much for a lip gloss but I'll still probably buy it again.

on 10/16/2010 9:33:00 PM

Like this but the gloss wears off VERY quickly! Love the taste, and the colour! So far, so good! I have it in bloom and the plum colour! Not quite Scarlett Jo-H. but I think it makes me look lovely and fresh!

on 10/14/2010 9:12:00 PM

This is one of the more expensive drugstore glosses at about $8.99. I bought the Truffle color, which turned out to be a lovely berry-brown color on my lips.

The applicator is one of the best I've used: an easy-to-use triangular shape. I hope that catches on with other manufacturers.

Alas, the color and applicator were about all I like about the product. The first thing I noticed after opening the bottle was the scent. It's a strong medicinal smell, maybe mint or eucalyptus in there? I don't care for it at all, and it really lingers.

The color goes on beautifully, but with much less shine than I'd expected for something that's billed as lip "gloss." In fact, after about an hour, there is no shine left. The color is still there, but an gloss effect only lasts a few minutes. I have used plain lipstick that is less matte than this.

The texture on my lips is very unpleasant: sticky and tacky and waxy.

It's a shame, because the color is gorgeous: a rich brownish tone that's very flattering. I won't be buying the product again, though.

on 9/22/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this lipgloss in Coral Sands, Rose Bouquet and Suede. I love all 3 colors I have. The one I use the most is suede which is a pretty natural, nude color with shimmer. I've been really into nude lips lately and these goes perfect with my revlon soft nude lipstick. I also dont like alot of shimmer, and these have a hint of shimmer. which i love. I hate sticky lipglosses but these are the perfect amount of stickiness if that makes sense. The mirror that is on it comes in handy but you cant use it while you put it on, just after to touch it up. Like everyone else has said it doesnt last 6 hours. And it does not plump my lips, which is a good thing because my lips are already real big. I would buy again.

Popular Lip Glosses