September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDomino

This oil is mediocre, in my opinion. I got this as a free bonus since I am a member, on a beauty website, and that's the only reason I am using it. I would never pay this much for something I could go to my local Natural Grocer's and get.
I have oily combination skin, and usually try to stay away from products that are oily, or have the potential to create shine. However, this product left my skin very soft, and it's not making my acne worse! I like the nutty smell that it has and how it soaks into my skin. But I would never pay over $40 for this small product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Bianca1021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is amazing! I have sensitive combination skin with a zit here and there. I had a huge zit and the morning after I used the argan oil, the swelling was reduced significantly, the redness was reduced, and my skin was glowing. Usually I use neutrogena sensitive skin oil free moisturizer but it sucks compared to the argan oil. I also use it in my hair and it makes my natural auburn hair shine which never happens with other products. It's amazing! I also love the fact that its pure and cruelty free. Although its pricey, it lasts forever because you only need 2-3 drops for your face. I wish the packaging wasn't glass but its Eco-friendly so it's not such a big deal. I recommend it !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by morganspears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin. My makeup is usually running off in some areas and caking in others. This stuff is AMAZING. The only thing that has ever kept my oily skin under control has been 2 rounds of Accutane. Never in a million years did I imagine that adding oil to my skin would be my solution. Why have my dermatologist not told me about this? I noticed immediate results after I asked for a sample at Sephora (I asked because a random customer was raving about the results she got with her oily skin.) I went back the next day and bought the full size bottle. This is HG for my oily skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why I paid a bomb for this Josie Maran garbage is beyond me. It's the first time I tried argan oil, but if this is what argan oil is, then I'm surely not buying it again. For something that cost me a bomb, I did nothing for my skin and in fact, made it drier. Thankfully, it didn't break me out.

Packaging is also very lousy - the cap doesn't screw on properly, the dropper is hardly effective as too much air is entering the dropper through the top.

A word of advice: if you're trying out argan oil for the first time, you don't want to realise after spending a bomb how lousy this Josie Maran garbage was, so get on iHerb and get some other cold pressed version (I recommend the Aura Cacia one, 30ml) to test it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Josie Maran's argan oil was the first facial oil I'd tried. At first, I loved it.
I have pretty low expectations for products, so when the argan oil didn't break me out or irritate me, I knew it was a keeper! Beyond that, the argan oil didn't feel oily on my skin. It didn't make me look like an oil slick and it sank into my skin, instead of just sitting on the surface.

I moved on to other facial oils, like seabuckthorn or rosehip, but found those oils to be a bit rich for my skin. Argan oil makes my skin look healthy and dewy. It's my Goldilocks oil. It's just right! An added bonus: how well the ends of my hair took to the oil. Now they're all soft to the touch, instead of jacked up and dry.

Ultimately, I found Josie Maran's argan version to be overpriced (0.5 oz for $18 CDN). You can get alternatives at health and wellness stores for cheaper. I like the packaging, but would prefer it to be opaque like the Kahina Giving Beauty line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I tried this oil -- I broke out for weeks.. It didn't seem to work well with my skin at all. So, I let it sit in my cabinet for months. Then I started using it on the tips of my hair at night. That worked nice. However, I didn't feel that I wanted to use such an expensive oil on my hair -- I know there are cheaper alternatives. Then I started patting it around my eye area morning and night. That is when I discovered that I would definitely purchase this again! For me, when used in the eye area, it absorbed and hydrated so when I put my concealer on -- it worked just as nice as my favorite eye creams. Since I'll only be using this for the eye area -- I would purchase the tiny bottle for $14. Definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MicahP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for two days my face is glowing and lines are softened!
I'm 36, I've only,in recent years, outgrown acne and my skin is very dry in the winter. I'm a beauty aficionado who loves to explore new products. This product has improved the appearance of my skin so quickly, I want women with similar complexions to know about this fantastic product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: Upon further research I realize argan oil breaks me out. So much for an 'oil for your face'.

I really wanted to like this. I got a sample of both this and the light. I have clog prone skin that dries out in the winter and I can't use practically any chemicals. I thought this would be a nice miracle solution, but it was just ok. It didn't moisturize my dry areas as much as I would like, and though it didn't cause massive breakouts, I still had bumps and clogs. It's a *better* oil for me but not super moisturizing. I was so dry I had to use first aid and other mineral oil/petroleum products to help. I did switch to a cleanser with argan oil *in* it, and that's better with moisturizing but still having the same clog issue. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's winter here again, and lately we've been having temperatures of -4F with wind chills of -25. I can bundle up most of my body and stay warm, but unless I wear a ski mask and walk around looking like a bank robber my poor face is on its own. So every winter my face starts to peel. and I break out the Argan oil.

What I really like to do is shower at the end of the day, use my Olay Pro-X face brush, and then layer the Argan oil over Kate Somerville Quench. I takes about five drops to do my whole face, including eyes. I read another review where someone said she had found the oil good for her eyelashes and I agree.

So this is my technique, and it enables me to smile without feeling as if my face is going to crack. My face looks full and smooth, and feels soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shrosrule

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this at first, it is very moisturizing but after about a week, I broke out in cystic acne. Ouch. I threw it away. I am using the Fresh Seaberry Oil and it has done wonders for my skin.