December 28, 2014 | 2127 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RaeRenae

I have used makeupalley to look up reviews for over a year, this is the first review I have posted, I made an account just to rave about this oil! I love skin oils and had been using Clarins lotus oil but it didn't seem to be doing anything great for my skin. I've heard awesome reviews about this product and after doing some research and finding it had a comedogenic rating of 0 (meaning it wouldn't clog my pores and cause breakouts) I decided to go for it. I used it the first night and really liked it, it absorbed perfectly into my skin and didn't leave me feeling oily. The next morning, I woke up and absolutely fell in love. My skin was soft, glowing and for the first time in my adult life, it WASNT OILY. Two weeks later, I'm still enjoying oil free, gorgeous, soft, glowy skin. I am not exaggerating, I have been searching for something to control my oil for years and this did it! I will be buying the full size AND a backup because this is holy grail status. It is absolutely worth the price. If you're debating on buying this, get the small size for 18$ and try it, you won't regret it! (A tip: I find it absorbs best when you apply directly after washing your face when it still has a bit of moisture on it. And a little bit goes a long way!)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me begin this review by saying that I don't believe in skincare miracles. We're all gonna age and our skin won't be in its best condition forever. However, this product does help restore my skin, make it soft, and reduce wrinkles. I directly drop a few drops onto my face and gently massage it into my skin as my night routine. I saw immediate improvement the very first time I used it.

The two complaints I have: first, this is overpriced, it's just oil, regardless how pure, how hard it is to procure, it is JUST OIL. I am going to WalMart and see if they have less pricey options. Second, it feels somewhat greasy and takes a while to be absorbed by the skin.

Overall, I think the product is good. You may find a lower cost alternative in the grocery store instead of breaking a bank.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this stuff. i use it primarily use it for my face. for the longest i couldn't find a moisturizer that soak into my skin & not just sit on the surface. i suffer from eczema so my skin is dry & could occasionally have dry patches on my cheeks. i mix this in with my moisturizer at night & it does the trick. the next morning my skin is rejuvenated. my skin is much more smoother since i started using this product. the only con is it is kinda expensive so I might not repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by JulieGordie

LOVE THIS STUFF! Never would I ever think I would like putting oil on my face BUT oil dissolves oil and this makes me less oily! Only use this stuff at night! When I wake up my skin has soaked in all the moisture and feels great. I will use this stuff forever to maintain moisture and smooth hydrated skin. Also I got the small bottle for only $14 at sephora and only use three drops every night!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

This oil is SO amazing! But don't be an idiot & wear this during the day.. This is definitely something you put on your face before you go to bed. Use the light version for the day. This oil will moisturize your skin & leave it looking healthy & beautiful! Wish I could change the price though. But that's what Ebay is for!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I absolutely love this stuff! I am a fan of face oils. I have normal/dry skin and use this argan oil on a daily basis. I apply a few drops into my face right before my daily moisturizer, especially around my eyes and this keeps me hydrated all day long. My concealer goes on smoother and doesn't look dry or old. It doesn't affect my m/u at all.

I use it in the PM as my night time moisturizer too. I've put it in my hair and it just tames my frizzies without looking greasy.

This stuff is wonderful, and I will always have it on hand. I love JM's oils so much I have the Argan Light as well as the LE Radiance one, and the bronze one. Love em all!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A majority of these reviews are very positive, so even though I cannot use the product myself, I still think you should go ahead and try it in case you do see positive results!

However, please purchase a sample first! I found it caused me to break out and have eczema on my face after one single use as a moisturizer. I used it in the morning underneath my makeup and my skin did feel nice and soft, but that night I noticed my face was very itchy and there were red splotches appearing on my face. As someone with a past with acne who now has clear skin, I was horrified and wondered if the cruel hands of fate had decided to bring back my pizza face days of yore. However, when I washed all my makeup off, I noticed the small bumps that were covering my cheeks, eczema. And as someone with no history of eczema, this was particularly strange. I know if I had used it any longer, I would have broken out again.

I looked online for people who had similar experiences, and there are a lot of people who experienced the same affects, so you never know if you might react the same way!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by missypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has helped my skin so much during these cold winter months where I live. I use it underneath one of my Caryl Baker moisturizers and the two together work wonders! Thank god for this stuff!!! Going to stay a part of my makeup routine for years to come. It is a bit pricey but worth it because of the results!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like using this on my face as it doesn't absorb well and seems to just sit atop my skin. Instead, I've taken to using this as a post-shampoo conditioning treatment when my hair is freshly washed and more or less dry. Gives the hair a nice healthy sheen to it, which is lovely given that I have damaged hair and prefer to avoid silicone-laden hair products to de-frizz. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase this particular brand of argan oil as it's marked up due to the brand-name, but probably try a less expensive, organic brand available at a health food shop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this as part of my Sephora Superstars collection. I tried using it as my moisturizer, but I wasn't a fan of it at all. However, I have been putting it in my hair after a shower and wrapping it in a Turbie Twist while I get dressed and do my makeup. My hair as never been softer or looked shinier. This is just too expensive for what it is. I purchased a bottle of pure Argan oil on Haute Look, and from what I understand, you can also get it at most health food stores. The Sephora collection was definitely a good value for all that you get in it, but that's the only way I'd purchase this oil.