October 24, 2014 | 1407 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by missypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has helped my skin so much during these cold winter months where I live. I use it underneath one of my Caryl Baker moisturizers and the two together work wonders! Thank god for this stuff!!! Going to stay a part of my makeup routine for years to come. It is a bit pricey but worth it because of the results!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like using this on my face as it doesn't absorb well and seems to just sit atop my skin. Instead, I've taken to using this as a post-shampoo conditioning treatment when my hair is freshly washed and more or less dry. Gives the hair a nice healthy sheen to it, which is lovely given that I have damaged hair and prefer to avoid silicone-laden hair products to de-frizz. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase this particular brand of argan oil as it's marked up due to the brand-name, but probably try a less expensive, organic brand available at a health food shop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this as part of my Sephora Superstars collection. I tried using it as my moisturizer, but I wasn't a fan of it at all. However, I have been putting it in my hair after a shower and wrapping it in a Turbie Twist while I get dressed and do my makeup. My hair as never been softer or looked shinier. This is just too expensive for what it is. I purchased a bottle of pure Argan oil on Haute Look, and from what I understand, you can also get it at most health food stores. The Sephora collection was definitely a good value for all that you get in it, but that's the only way I'd purchase this oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am about the repurchase this lovely product after resurrecting the small bottle from my stash. I was in a bit of a panic after using a Regenerist cream that was more exfoliating than moisturizing, and ending up with very dry, sandpapery and flaky skin. I couldn't think of what to slather on my skin as it was as sensitive as it's ever been and I needed something that was non irritating, fragrance free, and soothing. My skin really drank this up, and I realized I had been a little wary of using an oil regularly on my skin. This particular oil absorbed very well and fairly quickly, caused no irritation whatsoever, and I did not get one single zit. There is no aroma at all. I know that there are many less expensive argan oils out there, but I am not in the market to try any others at the moment, as I am still recovering from the Olay skin cream experiment and the JM worked it's wonders for me. I'm not opposed to sampling some other brands if I can find them in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing!!! I am 45, I live in a borough of New York City, and we have had a very, very harsh and cold winter. I don't own a car, so my face takes a beating in the winter. I was having problems with eczema on my face and neck from this horrible winter (which, of course, looked awful), and even went to the dermatologist to get prescription cortisone cream (which worked, but is NOT something I wanted to use too much). Then I was in Sephora and decided to give this a try....well, I'm FLABBERGASTED. It is WONDERFUL. The eczema is almost gone, my face is glow-y and plump and moisturized, and I'm SO HAPPY. I feel beautiful again, and Josie Maran is the reason. It has NOT broken me out (and, yes, I'm prone), and while I only use it at night the effects last all day the next day (I use a little DHC moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning). Anyway, I'm in LOVE. This oil changed my life this winter, and I'd don't know what I'd do without it. If the bottle was 200 dollars I'd pay it. Not sure if I will use it in the summer, but for now I wish I was a billionaire...I'd fill a bathtub with this stuff and soak in it :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 0.5oz for $18.00 here in Canada.
I use this as an eye-serum as my undereyes are really flaky and dry these days that when I put on concealer, it really sets on those flakes and it is NOT attractive at all.

It really really helped my under-eyes! I used it for 3-5 days and it moisturized so well.
There was such a difference. I only used 1-2 drops and when I woke up, it was so plump, soft, and moisturized.
My concealer goes on smoothly now :)

I heard that you can get other versions of Argan oil for way cheaper but I have yet to find where I can get that. For now, I'm really satisfied with this!
I haven't tried it on other parts of my face though, in fear of breaking out, but I might test it out and see how it goes. Right now, I'm only using this as an under-eye serum and it works really well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was able to get a 0.5 oz. bottle on the "beauty on the go" stands at Sephora it was $15 ! Having super sensitive skin and eczema, and I do not like to commit to any big bottle sizes of anything unitl I test products out first. But I was surprised by this product it felt good on my face and kept me mositurized all day without any dry flakey spots. It did not break me out at all. I know that I have only been using it for about a week now, but so far I am enjoying it. I just wish the bigger bottle was not so expensive. So I will be on the hunt for a cheaper alterenative :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

I've got to credit Josie Maran for bringing argan oil to a mass audience. The half-ounce bottle of this was my first exposure to 100% pure argan oil (previously I'd used blends that contained it as an ingredient, such as Moroccan Oil) and I started using it in countless ways: mixing a drop into my morning face blend (moisturizer, illuminator and a drop of foundation all get blended together for sheer, hydrating coverage... now with a drop or two of argan oil!), using it as a cleanser on my nose to blast sebaceous filaments (I saw a major difference after three days of nightly use), protecting the ends of my hair, adding to my body lotion, etc. I love that these are packaged using ultra-hygienic droppers that prevent bacteria from your skin from mixing with the pure (though not organic) oil. However, with a little digging I learned that this oil is not competitively priced, and companies that supply spas and smaller skincare companies sell bulk organic argan oil for about 1/4 of the price. For an extra few dollars I had them toss in an empty glass bottle with a dropper top, and now I'm really able to indulge my argan oil obsession!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

I absolutely love this product. I use it in my hair, on my face, and on my neck and it works fabulously.

I've read a couple reviews saying that it causes cystic acne but with my I haven't gotten any at all and I've been using this for about 3 weeks (bi-daily).

I guess it really depends on your skin, I have combination skin, like most people, and it gets REALLY dry in the winter; I'm talking about my nose having skin flake off it is that dry, even using coconut oil wouldn't help. So to my surprise I got this product (with the cleanser) for Christmas in the travel size (5oz) and it, so far, has cleared up my acne, made my skin super soft and supple, and makes applying makeup so much easier because my face is so smooth.

I don't know how this product works for wrinkles since I'm only 18 years old but seeing as argan oil is known to slow ageing skin I doubt I'll be seeing any wrinkles anytime soon ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tinay

I got this product for free from Sephora and I wouldn't rush out to buy it if it were solely up to me.
I have extremely dry flaky skin when I use my retin-A creams to fight off my hormonal cystic acne so when I received this at Sephora I was excited to try it out thinking it would help my skin. Boy was I wrong! This product made me break out so bad on my chin with painful cystic pimples it hurt so bad and was awful. It took days to get rid of and heal! At first I thought it was because I was getting on my period so I disregarded it and took a break from the oil and later came back to it. Again, another cystic pimple. It was quite frustrating because I was on retin-A and minocyclin and didn't know whether the timing of me applying the oil (near my period) was the culprit or this. Finally after 3 cystic pimples later I got the timing down and did it right after I had ended my little friend. To my dismay I realized it was really the product that was causing the my cycstic acne to flare up.

I have since then resorted to using it at the ends of my hair which are bleached and dry. It works well but on some days when I'm in a rush and put a little too much my hair gets really oily the next day.

I read a review saying she broke out but decided to use it under her eyes and worked fine. I may try that as I do need a good eye cream and currently need to repurchase my orgins one.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product on my own it's a mediocre product. I can find something similar, cheaper, elsewhere.