November 28, 2014 | 2034 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Audreychix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this forr over 1 year and halff andd just love it.
best concealer. i have very dark circle and the coverage is amazing.
highly recommand :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

why oh why?!?! it was going so well...until...the plastic piece popped out of the lid and now all of the product is dried up! i wouldn't buy it again until they get their sh*t together and fix the packaging, otherwise the product is really nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer!

I hate having to buy a million different concealers because my skin changes!! I can be super tanned, super pale, and everything in between. This concealer wheel has really, really helped me take the stress out of concealer. This baby helps me concealer everything! Under eye circles, scars, pimples, redness, and bruising (I have no idea what I develop bruises from, but they're always there). I contour with the darkest one and highlight with the lilac as well as mix them to match my skin perfectly!!

Definitely a greta investment- and all of the concealer lasts forever!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by information3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this twice so far since I got it, but just wanted to post my inital thoughts. Before purchasing I read the reviews here so I had an idea of what to expect. It was dry, and I used a hairdryer to warm the product as many suggested. You do have to work quickly unless you don't mind having to heat it again and again.

It was blendable (once heated) and easy to use (coming from one who has never used correctors before), but I found that it does seem to accentuate the fine lines around my eyes where I didn't think it would... I'll be trying more cream around my eyes next time, and perhaps use an even lighter hand in applying, otherwise it can look powdery/cakey once it dries. I just used my fingers, thinking that the warmth from them would help w/ the blending, so I don't know how well it would pick up on a brush as it does seem quite thick.. maybe if it were heated longer. A little does go a very long way, so I can see this lasting a very long time. It did cover ok though.. to be fair, I do have very dark hard to cover circles, but I think I just still need to experiment with what colors work best, so I'll be updating once I figure that out and get used to using it.

Using the wheel does seem much more time consuming rather than using a single colored concealer, so I don't see this as something I would use daily at the moment. But if i can get the right mix of colors to work for me eventually, I suppose the routine would be faster w/ better results. I haven't tried it yet for highlighting or sculpting but the all the colors seem do-able for my NC30 skintone...even the darkest color, which i've tested and mixed with the 2nd lightest... i think it's more about being sure to blend well.

25g/0.88oz. $29

INGREDIENTS: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), octododecanol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, talc, cyclomethicone, castor seed oil, candelilla cera, cera carnuba, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, ozokerite, stearlkonium hectorite, cera microcristallina, tocopherol acetate, stearoxy dimethicone, propylene carbonate, propylparaben, triclosan, +/- CI77491, CI77492, CI77499 (Iron oxides), CI7707 (ultramarines).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my Portfolio today and was very excited to try it since I've heard so many good things about it. Loved it right away! After reading some of the reviews I expected it to be extremely dry, but in fact it was easy to blend, a little bit thicker than concealers I am used to, but in the end I think it's a good thing because it will stay put longer. I mix the beige and the ivory to conceal my dark circles, and it works just great, better than anything else I have tried. The green is amazing for any red areas, and lilac can be used as a highlighter. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it, tried it, returned it (and got MUFE instead).
First, it smells so bad..Second, it's so difficult to blend..Third, it creased so much I looked 10 years older.
The only good thing about this product is that you get the correctors, but you'd need to apply some other concealer on top (for skin-color ones).

Same issues as MUFE with packaging (anti-hygienic).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may or may not buy this again. While I really love the Green and Lilac concealers, I'm not so sure what to make of the other three.

Texture-wise, the Portfolio is top-notch. Extremely blendable, a cream-to-powder finish that sets quick enough before foundation, but not too quickly. Around red areas, the Green concealer almost blends to a 'white' colour (which sounds scary, but it's not) that doesn't interfere with foundation. I use this on the tip of my nose (where I have a lot of redness), and any blemishes I may have. I'd tried green-tinted moisturizers and primers in the past, but was never thrilled with the results. The only real redness I get is on the tip of my nose; it seemed like overkill to get a green-tinted primer or moisturizer, that may have corrected the ruddiness in my nose, but ended up (usually) settling into my blonde brows in a really unnattractive way.

The Green concealer in this works magnificently. I use this before foundation, and this keeps my Rudolph nose covered until I take off my makeup. I've used the lavendar for brow highlighting and down the bridge of my nose, but unlike the Portfolio How To on Youtube (

), I can't just slap this on to the brows with a Camouflage or concealer brush and expect radiance. This has to be blended in, otherwise it looks a little too heavy for everyday. However, the luminosity affects are not that out of the ordinary to justify buying the Portfolio just for this reason.

I have used the Yellow Beige for undereyes, but found it too heavy. I have not used the Brown or the Ivory.

All in all, it is a good product, and if I were a professional MA, perhaps I'd get more use out of it. I will give a hesitant 'Yes' to rebuying, but I will be looking for an equally blendable, non-heavy green concealer. Really wish LW would offer these colours for purchase seperately.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought long and hard before purchasing my concealer wheel this week (30 dollars is a lot of money, no matter your budget), and I have to say I'm very pleased with the product.

After wearing it I have realized that the only makeup I need from now on is this concealer, my maybelline mascara, and my lipstick. Isn't that fantastic? I can honestly say I don't need my foundation from now on. This product is that good.

Before using it, I hold the wheel up to my desk lamp for a few seconds to slightly warm it up. A hairdryer would also do the trick and wouldn't damage the product.

This concealer provides heavy coverage, so it is very important to use a tiny amount and spread it. It won't spread if you don't warm it up, but that doesn't faze me.

To all the girls: make sure you blend the concealer properly. There's no reason why this wheel shouldn't work for you, no matter your complexion or skin tone. It is a matter of experimenting, using a small amount, and BLENDING.

Oh, and I apply this with my pinky fingers, haven't had any issues with that, but I might buy a concealer brush just to spoil myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product would be good if you have dry skin.
However... I have oily skin, and this product cakes on unless you prep it before you put it on. Who has that much time in the morning?
Keep in mind that this concealer is oil-based, so definitely not for oilly people (I didn't think twice when I bought it...).
Also, it looks pretty good when you first put it on- but, throughout the day, it separates (into a disgusting mess) and smears on the face, and I look like crap by the end of the day- so much that i look better after I take it off.
But, it also depends on where you live-
I live in Canada, which is very very dry. When I went to Baltimore, MD (very humid), I used this and it was perfectly fine, lasting throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by masutaichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer wheel because it had all the colour correcting colours, but I found this on the dry side even though it is a cream concealer. When i apply this on, i really have to blend it or it will definitely look dry. The green really conceals redness but makes it look white. If i had known, that it would be this dry, I wouldn't have bought it.