April 19, 2014 | 1915 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may or may not buy this again. While I really love the Green and Lilac concealers, I'm not so sure what to make of the other three.

Texture-wise, the Portfolio is top-notch. Extremely blendable, a cream-to-powder finish that sets quick enough before foundation, but not too quickly. Around red areas, the Green concealer almost blends to a 'white' colour (which sounds scary, but it's not) that doesn't interfere with foundation. I use this on the tip of my nose (where I have a lot of redness), and any blemishes I may have. I'd tried green-tinted moisturizers and primers in the past, but was never thrilled with the results. The only real redness I get is on the tip of my nose; it seemed like overkill to get a green-tinted primer or moisturizer, that may have corrected the ruddiness in my nose, but ended up (usually) settling into my blonde brows in a really unnattractive way.

The Green concealer in this works magnificently. I use this before foundation, and this keeps my Rudolph nose covered until I take off my makeup. I've used the lavendar for brow highlighting and down the bridge of my nose, but unlike the Portfolio How To on Youtube (

I have used the Yellow Beige for undereyes, but found it too heavy. I have not used the Brown or the Ivory.

All in all, it is a good product, and if I were a professional MA, perhaps I'd get more use out of it. I will give a hesitant 'Yes' to rebuying, but I will be looking for an equally blendable, non-heavy green concealer. Really wish LW would offer these colours for purchase seperately.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought long and hard before purchasing my concealer wheel this week (30 dollars is a lot of money, no matter your budget), and I have to say I'm very pleased with the product.

After wearing it I have realized that the only makeup I need from now on is this concealer, my maybelline mascara, and my lipstick. Isn't that fantastic? I can honestly say I don't need my foundation from now on. This product is that good.

Before using it, I hold the wheel up to my desk lamp for a few seconds to slightly warm it up. A hairdryer would also do the trick and wouldn't damage the product.

This concealer provides heavy coverage, so it is very important to use a tiny amount and spread it. It won't spread if you don't warm it up, but that doesn't faze me.

To all the girls: make sure you blend the concealer properly. There's no reason why this wheel shouldn't work for you, no matter your complexion or skin tone. It is a matter of experimenting, using a small amount, and BLENDING.

Oh, and I apply this with my pinky fingers, haven't had any issues with that, but I might buy a concealer brush just to spoil myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

This product would be good if you have dry skin.
However... I have oily skin, and this product cakes on unless you prep it before you put it on. Who has that much time in the morning?
Keep in mind that this concealer is oil-based, so definitely not for oilly people (I didn't think twice when I bought it...).
Also, it looks pretty good when you first put it on- but, throughout the day, it separates (into a disgusting mess) and smears on the face, and I look like crap by the end of the day- so much that i look better after I take it off.
But, it also depends on where you live-
I live in Canada, which is very very dry. When I went to Baltimore, MD (very humid), I used this and it was perfectly fine, lasting throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by masutaichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer wheel because it had all the colour correcting colours, but I found this on the dry side even though it is a cream concealer. When i apply this on, i really have to blend it or it will definitely look dry. The green really conceals redness but makes it look white. If i had known, that it would be this dry, I wouldn't have bought it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I'm on the fence about this product. First off, I have NC40 medium tanned skin with yellow undertones. The lilac works great as a matte highlighter under my brows. I combine lilac + brown to brighten my eyes and conceal eye circles. My favorite is the green to conceal acne and the red spots around the curves of my nose. The green works better to conceal redness than any flesh-toned concealer I have used. And yellow beige works well as another concealer under my eyes. The only color I don't use is Ivory. It is way too light for my skin tone.

My gripes about this product is that it really takes extra effort and adds extra time to my daily makeup routine because the product needs to be warmed on my hand to avoid becoming cakey. It is too thick to be applied directly on the skin and becomes difficult to blend. I use both a brush and my fingers to work the product in and to control the amount of product being used, and if I use too much under my eyes, it highlights all my fine lines.

It's a great price for 25g of product. It's like getting 5 concealers for the price of one. I would say this is full coverage. This is not recommended for those who want a quick makeup routine. It really does require extra work to blend. I prefer MAC studio sculpt to conceal imperfections because it is already blended to match my skin tone and much quicker to use. I will not repurchase.

Update Feb25/2010- I ended up returning this and bought the 5-Way Concealer by NYC for $6.50 CAD. I like the NYC much better. It is much faster and easier to blend with my fingers, and not cakey and thick like the Lise Watier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SandyRan

I am on my second Portfolio by Lise Watier, and I really love it. I don't use the lavender, dark brown, or even the green much, but the lighter shades of concealer are excellent on my dry skin and do a fabulous job of covering my very dark under eye circles.
I try new concealers now and then, but I always go back to this one as it is reliable and does what I need it to. It cover really well without looking cakey, and it stays put. No slipping or settling into fine lines. This is a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like the coverage and constancy of this concealer, it is not too runny and not drying at all.

I am always using
-ivory (matches my skin well)
-yellow-beige (i mix with the ivory covering spots to get the perfect colour and prolong the life of the ivory colour)
-green (because i have a lot of redness)

rarely ever use:
-lilac (maybe i'm too pale to get any use out of it)
-brown (too dark, sometimes i use to contour but very rare)

I'm sad because I know when I go to repurchase I will still have a lot of unused up colours left... but until I find a better product I'll stick with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

I bought this concealer after reading and watching reviews on it, I am also an avid YT'er so makeup gurus like Kandee Johnson and others are always using it and recommend it all the time.
I would say this concealer wheel is definitely for people who are familiar with concealers and people who really need to conceal different types of blemishes. This product isn't 100% user-friendly, you really have know how to work this stuff, a little goes a long way and it doesn't blend that well but it conceals quite well. It's a smooth yet dry consistency, not creamy. I find it is one of the best concealers I've ever come across b/c it takes care of my redness and my dark spots. I love the variety and I never just use one color (I'm all over the green, ivory and yellow/beige).
I think this is more on the expensive side, about $30+ USD but I know this will last me years (even though that may or may not be a good thing) but it's a lot of product for the money. I only said I won't be repurchasing b/c of that factor..
Packaging is fine, I have no complaints. Every color gets it's own little section, nothing broke on me so far. The plastic-y container is strong.
Overall, I would recommend this to people who need a multi-purpose concealer, one who needs to take care of different blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Lauraaa

I bought this yesterday, only used it once andso far i really like it. I dont think i would use the lilac for a 'glow' or the brown for shaping- i just uuse my bronzer. Im using my fingers right now to apply but i might consider buying a concealr brush, or 5 of them, 1 for each color but thats too expensive! I like applying the green on red, hard to cover pimples and then mixing the ivory and yellow-beige over top. When i used the ivory under my eyes, i got alot of creases/ wrinkles which was the reason why i stopped using my mac concealer so thats the downside to it. One thing i really like os how it doesnt come off when i put the foundation over top!

So i really like this concealer so far but i dont think its worth $30 cad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jennyliang17

This is a GREAT product - when you put it on, it stays on for the longest time, and provides really good coverage for my skin (which is completely acne-free now, but still has some scars to hide). I really like how there's 5 different shades for different uses in the jar, and best of all, there's 25g of product for only $29! I mean, it's still expensive, but thats still plenty of stuff to use.

I guess the only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a little bit hard...use it in a warm-ish room, or stick it in a pocket before using, but because it's so hard, you don't get that much on your brush/finger when you apply, which is great, because you don't need that much product for it to do its job =) and I love layering the green and yellow-beige shades to cancel out redness. Go Lise Watier! <3

However, I wouldn't rebuy - hopefully I can use this up in the first place before it a) dries up or b) gets yucky. I'm a junkie for new makeup, since I haven't found my perfect go-to products yet =)