November 28, 2014 | 1968 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months and I have noticed improvement in the texture and look of my skin. It honestly is the first product I've used that I've seen a difference. It doesn't eliminate wrinkles but they are definitely less defined. I don't like dipping my fingers into the pot and the smell is a little nasty at first (but the smell dissipates). This really is worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is no joke! It works amazingly well, in fact so well that if I use too much or use it too often I end up with tight peeling skin. I started using this about a year ago to see if it would make my skin smoother and get rid of a few acne scars and it certainly does that as well as make my pores a little less noticeable.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by misspearce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product, It helps in speeding up cellular turnover and results in new youthful looking skin. I am studying aesthetics and using an AHA product was encouraged in one of my school books. I use this in combination with Retinol SA. The retinol assists in eliminating deep wrinkles (crows feet, laughing lines, furrows in the brow, and smokers lips). So I use the Retinol SA serum after i wash my face, wait ten minutes then use the AHA avoiding my eye area. the result is luminous bright wrinkle free smooth skin. I have found that the retinol helps in eliminating deep wrinkles and keeps the skin fresh and the AHA promotes healthy smooth skin and prevents any fine lines from showing. over all the combination has kept me youthful and is my combat for aging. will continue this for sure.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is my first day using this and I woke up to better skin. I have had acne on my cheeks for over a month from trying roc retinol, I wouldn't go away. after one night my skin looks better. the painful deep in my skin acne is gone there are just some bumps left were they were. I will update in a few weeks.

UPDATE: I have used this for about a month and I still break out during my period but the acne goes away in days instead of weeks. my skin over all looks better. I am now using this on my whole body every night after my shower.

Update:This is a good place to start before trying the AHA's that are a higher %.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

This stuff is a game changer! HG so far. As a 28 year old the 2 things I need help with for my face are fine lines and black heads on my nose and chin. This has made quite a noticeable difference with both of these problems. I haven't noticed any skin irritation and using this cream every other day keeps my skin smooth and clear. Can't recommend enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is ridiculously comedogenic. I put it on my face last night, and within HOURS, not a day, HOURS my face was filled with clogged pores and pus filled pimples. I've NEVER experienced such a dramatic comedogenicity from a product other than straight up mineral oil. This is a HOrrible product that shouldnt be meant for the face. Im scared to use it anywhere. Maybe ill try to put it on my hands - hopefully I wont have pimples on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by JoceyRF

This stuff is wonderful. After doing research on aha, bha, enzymes and such I thought I would try an aha cream. Here's a hint...if you are buying a glycolic cream persay only buy if it tells the percentage it contains (I tried an olay product with glycolic in it, it was redic expensive and prob didn't have jack glycolic acid in it). Anywho the container I have is a 7% glycolic solution. This stuff works wonders, it makes my skin so soft and smooth (since it is a cream exfoliator). Helps with aging concerns but also with pimples, which is why I use it. It get rid of existing pimples and stops some from coming to a head and makes them completely go away sometimes. Just today I went to Ulta and bought the Alpha Hydrox brand cream which is a 10% solution, so I'll update as to if it works better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by OMGITSSHEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!! I tried another brands alpha hydroxy, and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. But not even a whole week of using this stuff, I could already see a change in my skin. It's looking smoother, brighter, and clearer. I don't have terrible skin, but its very oily and uneven in some places. But with a combination of this and black soap, my skin has totally done a 180!! I just wash my face with black soap, then apply this after in the morning and night. Every 2-3 days I do a scrub with my St.Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate and get all the dead skin off. My face never feels oily after applying this either, and I was very surprised that it didn't. I will definitely be buying this again!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have used this stuff for months now. I am noticing a slight lightening of some old acne scars. I never had sever acne, but these were ones I popped and still had that dark mark left over. All in all, it is the best anti-aging product I have tried...and the price is part of that. It still stings every time I use it. But I follow with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream and that soothes it. Have I noticed my skin glowing or looking so much more radiant? NO. But, I have definitely had what feels like a smoother canvas to work with when applying makeup.
CAUTION - Before I forget, don't use this the day before and eyebrow waxing. When I seem to do that, my waxing never goes well and I end up with some inflamed areass. Now maybe it isn't this and I still had makeup left on my skin - but I am pretty sure this has been the issue. Last time I forgot I had an appt and used this the night before. The next morning when I went in to get the brows waxed, I had some extra redness. This was the only new thing, I have been seeing the same girl for years. It isn't stopping me from using this gem. I just have to keep it in mind. FYI-I was with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel & Seaweed Toner then apply this, then the night cream at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hapaj56

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard about the benefits of Alpha Hydroxy but couldn't afford the more expensive products. Walgreen's had a sale on its Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream (less than $4) so I decided to try it. I slathered it on, after washing my face and just before going to bed. It doesn't have the nicest smell and it "stings" just a bit. The next morning my face felt smoothe. After about one week my younger sister noticed my skin looked "really nice" and asked me what I was doing differently. My skin had an even tone to it. She then when out and purchased the 4 oz container for herself. I highly recommend this product.