April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Treatments - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is ridiculously comedogenic. I put it on my face last night, and within HOURS, not a day, HOURS my face was filled with clogged pores and pus filled pimples. I've NEVER experienced such a dramatic comedogenicity from a product other than straight up mineral oil. This is a HOrrible product that shouldnt be meant for the face. Im scared to use it anywhere. Maybe ill try to put it on my hands - hopefully I wont have pimples on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by JoceyRF

This stuff is wonderful. After doing research on aha, bha, enzymes and such I thought I would try an aha cream. Here's a hint...if you are buying a glycolic cream persay only buy if it tells the percentage it contains (I tried an olay product with glycolic in it, it was redic expensive and prob didn't have jack glycolic acid in it). Anywho the container I have is a 7% glycolic solution. This stuff works wonders, it makes my skin so soft and smooth (since it is a cream exfoliator). Helps with aging concerns but also with pimples, which is why I use it. It get rid of existing pimples and stops some from coming to a head and makes them completely go away sometimes. Just today I went to Ulta and bought the Alpha Hydrox brand cream which is a 10% solution, so I'll update as to if it works better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by OMGITSSHEA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!! I tried another brands alpha hydroxy, and it did absolutely nothing for my skin. But not even a whole week of using this stuff, I could already see a change in my skin. It's looking smoother, brighter, and clearer. I don't have terrible skin, but its very oily and uneven in some places. But with a combination of this and black soap, my skin has totally done a 180!! I just wash my face with black soap, then apply this after in the morning and night. Every 2-3 days I do a scrub with my St.Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate and get all the dead skin off. My face never feels oily after applying this either, and I was very surprised that it didn't. I will definitely be buying this again!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have used this stuff for months now. I am noticing a slight lightening of some old acne scars. I never had sever acne, but these were ones I popped and still had that dark mark left over. All in all, it is the best anti-aging product I have tried...and the price is part of that. It still stings every time I use it. But I follow with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream and that soothes it. Have I noticed my skin glowing or looking so much more radiant? NO. But, I have definitely had what feels like a smoother canvas to work with when applying makeup.
CAUTION - Before I forget, don't use this the day before and eyebrow waxing. When I seem to do that, my waxing never goes well and I end up with some inflamed areass. Now maybe it isn't this and I still had makeup left on my skin - but I am pretty sure this has been the issue. Last time I forgot I had an appt and used this the night before. The next morning when I went in to get the brows waxed, I had some extra redness. This was the only new thing, I have been seeing the same girl for years. It isn't stopping me from using this gem. I just have to keep it in mind. FYI-I was with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel & Seaweed Toner then apply this, then the night cream at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hapaj56

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard about the benefits of Alpha Hydroxy but couldn't afford the more expensive products. Walgreen's had a sale on its Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream (less than $4) so I decided to try it. I slathered it on, after washing my face and just before going to bed. It doesn't have the nicest smell and it "stings" just a bit. The next morning my face felt smoothe. After about one week my younger sister noticed my skin looked "really nice" and asked me what I was doing differently. My skin had an even tone to it. She then when out and purchased the 4 oz container for herself. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for two weeks and I see a huge difference in my skin and I am glad I got this product. It's helping clearing up my acne and making my skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Baybuh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on reviews and am happy I did so. I starting using it at night after I cleansed my face. When I applied the product it would sting a little, although that reaction has lessened. MY skin purged for a couple days, but nothing severe. I noticed my skin becoming much softer. After a couple weeks of use, I began using facial buffing pads to wash my face, and then I would apply the AHA as a moisturizer. The combination of the facial scrubber and the AHA has really evened my skin texture out and I rarely get any severe pimples. I would really recommend trying this product. I am now contemplating using a AHA with a higher %, perhaps 10%. This is a perfect product choice as a newby (which is where I started), and it is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sdhar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works well for me. Never tried any other brand. It is now an important part of my skincare regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! Fades dark marks from acne and smooths fine lines. Doesn't dry you out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

When I first began using this product, I definitely wasn't expecting a miracle overnight, which is great because I had minor purging for the first two weeks. I don't have ance, but I have large pores and some minor discoloration, and I always felt like my skin was dull even though I exfoliated about twice a week. So when I was getting small whiteheads for the first two weeks, I was worried that I was messing with my skin for no reason. But I'm really glad I stuck with it because after the purging, my skin has improved so much. My pores appear smaller and my overall complexion is brighter.

I began using this product by applying it every night after cleansing, and waiting about an hour before applying my night cream (for my combo skin, I need moisture at night. If you're oily, I wouldn't recommend it.) I wanted to get any purging over with, so I assumed that would be the best way to start off. Looking back, I probably could have only used it every other night or so, which is what I'm doing now. Also, I was using way too much and I was actually rubbing it in, which made my skin thinner and made the purging worse. After a couple of weeks, I started applying it really sparingly and only patting it on (don't rub!), and I noticed that my skin was more supple and brighter. You really only need to use a little bit product - applying more won't make it work faster or better. I've also gotten rid of the facial scrub I had been using a couple of times a week because this works so much better. There's no reason why you need to scrub if you're using AHA. It will just strip your skin or make it oilier.

Before purchasing this cream, I checked online at Walgreens to see if it was in stock at any of the stores on my daily route - it wasn't. So I went out of my way to get this, but it is so cheap and works so well for me, I don't mind the extra drive to a store I'd never ever visit. I'm also glad I waited a few months before reviewing this because even after the purging ended, I was still a little skeptical that it was actually this product making such an improvement (as if my skin just naturally decided to get brighter and softer and my pores just naturally decided to shrink), but this is definitely HG for me and I recommend it to anyone looking for an extra something for their skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No