Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 9/27/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

on 9/4/2013 8:34:00 AM

Cons:
-none
-doesnt last long. mattifying effect is not dramatic (in case - very good and natural), but you have to reapply at every 30 minutes if you want your T zone to stay matte

Pros:
-lightweit
-doesnt clog pores

on 8/25/2013 8:19:00 AM

I just started using this loose powder and I am hooked! Understand that I have been wearing makeup for many many years and never have I come across loose face powder as perfecting, as fine, as natural as this. It is a secret waiting for others to notice! How cool is that!! I found it. First time using it, I actually stopped and took a second look at how nice my complexion looked I continued on through my house at other mirrors. Never had I done that with ANY cosmetic before. I chose the NATURAL shade and it blends so nicely with my skintone. I have very light skin yet not that super fair skintone. This shade is just right, like I have beautiful skin naturally. It is awesome! The price is a bit high compared to other loose powders. It is true, that you do get what you pay for. In the long run, you may pay cheaper for other brands but is it really worth it when you do not get the desired effects that you truly want. Think about it. I love this powder. Others look at me like I am a woman in my mid 50's with really nice skin. It's a nice feeling.

on 8/9/2013 1:05:00 PM

LOVE this product! This is my first Chanel makeup purchase and I can't say enough good things about it. It is so light and when it's on you can barely tell I have makeup on. It's evens out skin and makes it look perfect! There is a lot of product and I don't use a lot so I know it will last me a long time! This is hands down the best powder I have ever used! It's so worth the money.

on 8/9/2013 8:25:00 AM

I used to use mineral makeup but I found that it was too thick for my skin. I loved the feel of the mineral veil but it really didn't cover any small imperfections. On a whim I tried this product and I am hooked. Although it is a little pricey, I can never go back. I use the Dior Airflash in medium beige and use this as a setting powder and my skin literally looks airbrushed.

There is so much product that comes in the container, so although the price is a bit of a turn off. (US 54.00) The product will last you at least 8-9 months. The power has the same feel of a mineral veil but still covers the small imperfections we have. Enjoy it! Splurge:)

on 8/8/2013 6:03:00 AM

I thought the tub was too large at first, but that's a good thing because there's plenty room to dab the puff, or swirl your brush without the loose powder falling out over the edges - far less messier than previous loose powders I've had. It is pleasant to apply (I use the puff provided, finishing off with a powder brush) and it leaves my face feeling fresh and pampered (perhaps that's due to the quality of the powder puff). It doesn't leave a heavy powdered look - sort of semi-matte finish. I have Translucent shade 2, and I think it's the right colour for my skin, but personally I prefer powders which give me a lift, a sort of radiance, which I think would be a different type of powder which I can't seem to find right now! In the meantime I will continue to use this powder. It will last me ages so I'm not sure yet if I will re-purchase, but I guess I would.

on 7/29/2013 9:07:00 AM

Amazing powder. Packaging is lovely on my make up cabinet. Works on its own or over foundation.. Only problem is I can't carry it around as its too heavy. I imagine it will last forever with 1oz of product :)

on 7/23/2013 10:31:00 AM

I was using natural bamboo powder before and I thought it was ok. Now with comparison to Chanel one I see bamboo powder was a crap and did absolutely NOTHING...

It comes in a lovely big sturdy jar with puff. Its scented as you would expect from such a french company. I actually like it but it disappears almost immediately.
Its really finely milled, its feels like a velvety powder between the fingers and so it does on the face- it leaves velvety finish. If I want more matte finish I just put more and roll it into the skin with a puff- when put with a brush it leaves more dewiness from foundation.

I find that it sets my pile of skincare and then a little makeup perfectly, my under eye concealer stopped creasing and also I find that it makes my pores appear smaller. It doesnt emphasise dry flakes, it doesnt sit on the little face hair... In the same time it keeps my T-zone shine at bay.

Overall its great setting, beautifying and even a mattifying powder for my dehydrated/combination skin.

on 7/18/2013 1:55:00 AM

I adore Chanel, a lot. Haha. But anyway, I love this loose powder. I got this on #20 (Clair) and use it as setting powder with my Chanel Pinceau Poudre Plat No 3. It's really fine milled powder, and looks like it's invisible once I put it on to my skin. It doesn't make me look cakey, which is a bonus for me. Definitely will purchase. And I think a jar (one ounce) will take you a long time to finish.

on 6/20/2013 4:41:00 AM

Perfect product for me. And taking into consideration the amount of product you get for your money, it's not expensive at all.
It's finely milled, which means you don't need too much of it and it will blend out perfectly. Indeed, there is the chance you pick up too much product, but it can be blended and won't be a disaster, until you get used to it. The product itself doesn't have a whole lot of oil control. I have combo skin but I get quite greasy in the summer. I don't usually blot with powder, I prefer those blotting papers, but I can say even if I get a bit greasy, it doesn't shine on me. I also don't see any problem with glitter: it keeps me matte, but not shiny, even of I have a bit ore oil on my skin. But it does look natural, so if you're after that flat expressionless face, this is not the product for you.
I'm using the shade 20 and amazingly it suits me well, considering I'm using shade 10 for foundation.
About its lasting power, it ok throughout the day, but it depends mostly on your foundation. I wear this for around 12 hours, and when I get home from work I still look impecable with a long lasting foundation like Lancome Teint Idole 24. It doesn't last me that long with Vitalumiere aqua though