Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

I had high hopes, but I was disappointed in this product! :( I have rosacea and usually pile on concealer, which helps some, but I was looking for something to tone down the redness. Unfortunately, I don't think this does anything for my redness. Once I blend it in, my face looks exactly the same as it did before I applied it. As far as being a primer, it's nothing special. It's ok for liquid foundation, but when I try to apply mineral foundation, it gets kinda cakey and uneven looking. I do notice that I get oily quickly when wearing this under foundation. I also think it is kinda pricey and there are cheaper options out there. The only good thing I have to say is that it does *somewhat* make the pores on my nose look slightly smaller.

on 6/3/2010 3:07:00 PM

Not for me!

I have minor redness on my cheeks and major redness around my jawline, I found this pretty moisturising and didn't cause breakouts but didn't feel nice on my acne, pretty good for ll skin types but very oily skinned people beware! Go for the mineral powder instead.

As for the redness correcting, it was minimal, I would recmmend for someone with seere redness to tone it down but it was just to sheer for me to notice any difference. Didn't notice any long term redness decreasing either even with the daily relief cream.

I have an altenative in the form of a green £2 coverstick from boots natural collection, full coverage. Done!

on 3/25/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did what it claims to do. If you have super dark or bright red cheeks, this TONES it down, it doesnt take all the red away. I have slightly reddish cheeks now as I have gotten older and this made enough of a difference in the overall look of my skin after foundation application that I am happy with the purchase. The key to using this product successfully is cleansing and moisturizing really well before application, otherwise if you dont blend this in well, it can make you feel/look green. Once you get the concept of good moisturization, this works great. Price is high for a product that like this though.

on 2/12/2010 11:29:00 PM

It's green and supposedly mild enough not to cause any reactions to sensitive skin -- in theory. In real life, it doesn't make any noticeable difference in the red areas but tints the fairer areas kind of green. The consistency is way too thick and it feels like putting paste/plaster on my skin. only gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because it hasn't made the redness worse, but definitely won't be purchasing this again.

on 1/15/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin VERY irritated, red, and itchy, which is what I thought this would help prevent. It took forever to blend the green color into my fair skin and I prefer a SPF of at least 30. I will not be using this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, I have alot of redness, not roscea I believe it may have something to do with my eczema, I've been using this for about a year and will keep on using it!!

on 12/15/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm very pale, NC15 or N3 and no matter how I blended this green lotion would not disappear. It didn't even lessen the redness in my cheeks and it felt very greasy/heavy.

on 11/23/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have red patches on my cheeks which are not rosacea, I've just had them my whole life. I've been using the base along with the powder for about a month, and have had very good results. No irritation on my sensitive skin. I do not use other make up over it, just the base and powder and they neutralize the redness and blend into my skin well. These are not miracle products, but they work well at evening out my skin tone.

Try this if you have sensitive skin and aren't planning on slathering any makeup on top of it. It certainly eliminates redness but as a primer, it's terrible. when I put concealer and mineral foundation over it, it "pilled." Totally awful.

on 9/7/2009 6:40:00 PM

They've got to be kidding if they think that tinting a little zinc oxide green counts as a rosacea treatment or a "protective base." The green is awful, doesn't neutralize my red cheeks, and the zinc oxide makes me pale instead of healthy. Plus it has the sticky texture of glue once on. And spf 15 is not sufficient for anyone prone to rosacea. Just the worst product imaginable.