Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 10/31/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

At first I liked this product. Then I didn't like it so much anymore, because I felt it made my skin congested and it didn't work so well underneath my liquid foundations. I had 6 or 7 little 15 ml tubes that came in the trial kits that I kept buying, because I wasn't sure whether to splurge on the big sizes or not. I finally did and haven't regretted it. The little tubes of the primer were just lying there though, unused. I thought I'd throw them away, but I kept them – and I'm very, very glad I did.
This primer works great underneath my BE foundation. It keeps the minerals from oxidizing and the foundation lasts all day, no kidding! The more I use this primer (along with the Redness Solutions cleanser and moisturizer, both of which I love), the better my skin becomes. I'm a lot less red than I used to be and my skin is softer and plumper.
This doesn't cause any breakouts for me now, so I'm thinking it must have been the liquid foundations that did that to my skin (MAC Studio Sculpt in particular, as it dries my skin out like crazy). I love the whole Redness range and I hope they never stop making it. It's saved my skin.

on 10/30/2010 11:53:00 PM

After trying various products, this was a waste. When I blend it in, it seems I used nothing. Trying the mineral make-up now and concealed it well so far.

on 10/15/2010 12:03:00 PM

After using the other products in the redness range and loving them, I had high hopes for this, however after receiving a sample I was dissapointed as it felt too thick, very tacky and made me far too pale even with my foundation over the top. Instead I bought City Block Sheer SPF25 today after also having a sample of that and prefering it greatly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora, used it for 5 days and it's ok. It is stickier than MUFE or Smashbox primers. It does an ok job of neutralizing my redness but it doesn't eliminate it completely. It does leave a green cast on my skin, though. My foundation covers it, but I seem to look more pale when I wear it. I'd buy it again if I was totally broke, couldn't afford Smashbox or MUFE and had to choose between being red and blotchy or wearing this for two months.

I had high hopes, but I was disappointed in this product! :( I have rosacea and usually pile on concealer, which helps some, but I was looking for something to tone down the redness. Unfortunately, I don't think this does anything for my redness. Once I blend it in, my face looks exactly the same as it did before I applied it. As far as being a primer, it's nothing special. It's ok for liquid foundation, but when I try to apply mineral foundation, it gets kinda cakey and uneven looking. I do notice that I get oily quickly when wearing this under foundation. I also think it is kinda pricey and there are cheaper options out there. The only good thing I have to say is that it does *somewhat* make the pores on my nose look slightly smaller.

on 6/3/2010 3:07:00 PM

Not for me!

I have minor redness on my cheeks and major redness around my jawline, I found this pretty moisturising and didn't cause breakouts but didn't feel nice on my acne, pretty good for ll skin types but very oily skinned people beware! Go for the mineral powder instead.

As for the redness correcting, it was minimal, I would recmmend for someone with seere redness to tone it down but it was just to sheer for me to notice any difference. Didn't notice any long term redness decreasing either even with the daily relief cream.

I have an altenative in the form of a green £2 coverstick from boots natural collection, full coverage. Done!

on 3/25/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did what it claims to do. If you have super dark or bright red cheeks, this TONES it down, it doesnt take all the red away. I have slightly reddish cheeks now as I have gotten older and this made enough of a difference in the overall look of my skin after foundation application that I am happy with the purchase. The key to using this product successfully is cleansing and moisturizing really well before application, otherwise if you dont blend this in well, it can make you feel/look green. Once you get the concept of good moisturization, this works great. Price is high for a product that like this though.

on 2/12/2010 11:29:00 PM

It's green and supposedly mild enough not to cause any reactions to sensitive skin -- in theory. In real life, it doesn't make any noticeable difference in the red areas but tints the fairer areas kind of green. The consistency is way too thick and it feels like putting paste/plaster on my skin. only gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because it hasn't made the redness worse, but definitely won't be purchasing this again.

on 1/15/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin VERY irritated, red, and itchy, which is what I thought this would help prevent. It took forever to blend the green color into my fair skin and I prefer a SPF of at least 30. I will not be using this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, I have alot of redness, not roscea I believe it may have something to do with my eczema, I've been using this for about a year and will keep on using it!!