Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

Oh yes, yes yes yes. This is a wonderful, sweeter,, lighter, more playful but still classy,- less aldehyde-full no. 5. If you like no. 5 original, you will probably like this, if you don't like no. 5 original you may very well like this anyway, it's similar enough and different enough to appeal well to both crowds. I actually think this has better staying than no. 5 original on me, even thought initially original is stronger. Maybe it's the sweetness that lingers in a way that original's muskiness doesn't, my skin eats musky perfumes like nothing other.

I'm really loving the no. 5 flankers lately. This is really wonderful, as is the sensual elixir. I found my new 5oz eau premiere bottle as a tester on ebay for undre 80$ with shipping. I've become a pro at telling between fake and real chanels on the net, so feel free to message me if you want some advice, there are some great bargains to be had out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a long time lover of Chanel no. 5, and it is one of the few fragrances my normally perfume-hater husband does like on me. He was going to get me no. 5 for Christmas, but we stumbled upon this - it is wonderful! It is an effervescent version of Chanel no. 5.

One of the scents he likes is Demeter's Ginger Ale - smells fresh and fizzy, just like ginger ale smells. This Eau Premiere is almost like Chanel no. 5 has been shot through with this effervescent fragrance. So light, and refreshing. I don't think it has quite the staying power as the original, but I'm thinking you could layer them - although I haven't tried this yet.

I have been looking for a scent to take me from summer and early fall to this grey dread that is late fall in the Carolinas. The sky is grey, but the days are fairly warm.

Lancome O de L'orangerie was doing fine, but I'm ready for something warm. Shalimar is my darling, but I'm not ready for her yet. I retried Eau Premiere on a whim and I must say, its the only Chanel I can wear. It does open with a freshness that has a tinge of No 5. There is a lovely middle note, which to me would be ideal for going to an event where you don't want to smell too "pedestrian" but you don't want to wow them with Opium or the like. You smell lovely and in good taste. Its fresh, feminine, safe, not overpowering.

My friend can wear No 5 and it smells like paradise on her. I cannot. If you find Chanels screech on you, try this one out. You'll get a taste of the glamour.

It pairs well with Shalimar lotion, which I found by accident. Shalimar gives an earthy depth and Eau gives Shalimar a little whimsy in her life.

Would make a great, safe gift for anyone I imagine.

Edited to add: staying power is about 5 hours, with barely any trace afterwards.

After a few wears, it feels cold to me. Emotionally unavailable. Like that wife of your senior manager who looks at you like as if you were an insect.

I adore the original No 5 but adore the scent of sensual elixir even more so. Its such a subtly sexy scent that makes me feel amazing whether I am dressed up or lounging in my pyjamas. The smell of elixir is like nothing else and my only qualm was the staying power, or lack of, and I would have liked the exact smell to be slightly stronger. I was so reluctant to try Eau Premier but when I went to purchase something from the No5 collection recently I thought I would give it ago. Well I have to say I was completely amazed and delighted. It smells exactly like the elixir only more of a perfume,. ie a stronger and longer lasting scent. Exactly what I had been dreaming of! If only I had tried it before! This is now HG for me and my signature scent. I have everything in no 5 and it is sheer indulgence to bathe in No 5 oil, slather on the heavenly No 5 velvet body cream, the deoderant, and finally a spritz of EP. This makes me really happy :)

After reading the positive reviews here, I went to try it today.

Although I like the softness and feminine of it, it does not remind me the edp or edt version of No. 5. Maybe it is closer to the original No 5? I have no idea.

I may buy it online as it does smell very nice. If someone in the room have this on, I guess I would love to stay near her. haha.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My mother has been mourning Chanel No 5 since its reformulation, and today, she found her beloved perfume again! This is a gorgeous riff on the old No. 5, and pretty much every generation in our family loves it. It has a little more space and air than the other versions, but somehow, is true to the spirit of vintage No. 5. Amazing work by the perfumer, lovely stuff indeed.

This basically smells just like the original Chanel No.5 on me, not so good. It has such an old lady smell with my body chemistry. The lasting power is poor too (which was a good thing in my case).

I love Eau Prémiere, it became my new signature scent. It smells elegant and classy, and I love it.

I am loving my #5 EP, I've decided to really use both my EP, and the EDP my beautiful step-daughter bought me. I think I'm falling in love, I wore Allure for years, but there are too many memories associated with the scent, so I'm putting on my big girl pants and moving on to the #5's...can't wait to develop this relationship...and see where it takes me.

bea-utiful!!!
youthfull lemony spongecake that is very simmilar to No 5, but much more effervescent,sparkly and christal...like Chanel No 5 edt mixed with Bvlgari's Rose Essentiale and a squirt of lemon...
very powerfull in sillage, lasts all day and the powder in the drydown leaves you with the most amazing creme of jasmine...
I'm in love...