November 26, 2014 | 1281 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, I need a new powder/blush/bronzer brush like a hole in the head. But because of this %#@* board, I happened to read the reviews for it, and you know how that goes. Suddenly I knew that with this purchase, true magic would happen . . . my life would be complete . . . and happiness would surround me for the rest of my days.

Cut to the chase - I ordered it from NARS.com & when it arrived I was stunned at how small it was. For some reason I was expecting a fuller/larger brush. I planned to send it back, untried, but after it sat there, sadly, in its wrapper for a week, I decided to give it a try. Oh my, oh my, oh my. All of the good things that've been said about are true.

It is as soft as soft can be. The precise shaping of the brush (the angle of the hairs) are what creates the magic. I don't ever drag it across anything; I just pat it sideways a few times & it picks up a perfect amount.

I've used it to pat on NICO (also a recent purchase, but I'm not thinking it's all that. Much prefer Meteorites.) I've patted on blush & then blended it so it truly does give that "lit from within" look. And lastly, I've used it to pat the tiniest amount of Albatross across tops of cheekbones & down nose. And a really fabulous part of the way the brush is shaped - the way it comes to a narrow point at the end, means that you can even use it for a one-step eyelid wash, because it will fit right down to the tear duct & then gradually spread out over your whole lid. Again, I use the tiniest tap of Albatross for across the eyelids & it gives a subtle, angelic glow.

Did I need this brush? No. Am I glad that I have it. Yes. And what's more, it was worth the dough. I WOULD buy it again.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I have owned this brush for about 5 or 6 months and I really had no desire to use it after trying it a few times. It really didn't do it for me, I felt it picked up way too much product and deposited too much in one spot. I started reaching for this everyday for the last 2-3 weeks. I initially grabbed it in a rush and have fallen in love. I must have needed to learn a better technique because all the complaints I had are no longer a problem. I feel this blush works amazing and I almost want to buy another. It's very expensive for me, in terms of what I prefer to pay for a blush brush but it was well worth the $50.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by CookieNSpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it to highlight, apply blush and even to contour. 50US is expensive especially when you convert it to TTD but this brush is worth it! My cheaper blush brushes now collect dust since this brush is the one I reach for. Nars blushes are pigmented but no need to fear taj mahal etc when you use this brush. It diffuses the colour evenly and makes blush look more natural and not BAM you are wearing blush lol. O this brush is real light. I make sure I don't get water on the handle when washing since I don't want any unraveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Awesome brush. Picks up and deposits the perfect amount of product and its shape is precisely the right size to sweep on the cheekbones. I also use it for contouring and bronzing. I don't even notice the thin handle; I just hold it like any other brush. Expensive yes, but i use it so much its been worth it! It's my favorite brush purchase of all. I had such trouble with blushes, ie blotchy, not enough color, a blob of too much color, etc, til I got this brush!!!

Cleansing tip: the first time I washed it, I used the MAC brush cleanser and the hairs got slightly curled, really poofy, and were super dry!! I freaked out then washed it again using a good quality hair shampoo and it was good as new. Though i use the cleanser for my other brushes, i will not use it on the Yachiyo again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lolsann

Well, what can I say? This is a very expensive brush, but I think it is worth it! It is easy applying blush with this (NARS Orgasm is the one I usually use) - it is very hard to go wrong. It works very well with heavily pigmented blushes, and it`s easy to avoid applying too much. If it should happen, it`s easy to blend it in.
I am really not a makeup expert, but it`s easy to apply blush with this even for me. I also use it to apply highlighter to my cheekbones (TheBalm Mary Lou-manizer), and I feel it applies just the right amount for a natural, every-day look.
It hasn`t shed one single hair since I bought it (1,5 years), so quality is top notch! It is also quite soft, and looks really cute. Some complain the handle feels unsturdy, but I personally don`t think so; it`s slightly bend-able, so it works well for travelling as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by casamia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush. I always use it for my pigmented blushes and get beautiful results. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this brush it blends out well, and I use it frequently. Do you absolutely need this brush? Probably not. It's nice to have I use it to diffuse my blush when I go overboard with the blush. It works well with expensive and cheap blushes. I got mine for a little cheaper off eBay-just slightly cheaper- so I still paid a pretty penny for this-nice brush glad I have it but you can live without this brush. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

I have worn Laguna for years. I bought the Nars Bronzer brush and it just didn't work well for me although I like it for albatross application. This brush is awesome for applying just the right amount of bronzer. It surpasses any other brush i have ever used. It leaves your skin looking airbrushed. I only wear tinted moisturizer set with powder so I have found that sometimes my bronzer can leave me blotchy if applied to heavily, not with this. It doesn't blend it to harshly into the skin. I haven't tried it with blush yet b/c I have converted to cream blush. Overall this is a wonderful brush and I was really skeptical b/c it looks so strange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I finally got my hands on this brush!
Amazing brush for blush, contouring and setting concealer.
This brush can do some pretty precise contouring. I never have a problem with this brush shredding or bleeding, the only problem I have with this brush is the initial smell. When I get my brushes out of its original packaging I have a habit of sniffing it first (WIERD, I KNOW!), boy this one smelt like dirty animal hair.
I remember not touching it for several weeks because of the smell, but eventually one day the smell did go away.
I'm generally quiet happy with this brush, I find the bristles soft and gentle, I wish it could be a little more dense, the design is unique.
This was the most expensive brush in my whole collection, my brushes usually range from freebies to about $20AUD MAX.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm totally late to this party. I've been putting off getting this brush b/c of the price and I tried some NARS brushes previously (push and the bronzer) and I found they to be scratchy and just not worth the money. Then the flood gates opened when a MA used the ita brush on me (see my review) and my viewpoint on NARS brushes changed. The DH got this brush for me this past *almost* mother's day for me, even though he raised a brow at the $50.00 price tag...though I think the MA convinced him it was worth it b/c it's made from the chin hairs of a goat. NOT!! (Instead the DH jokingly offered to take me to a petting zoo.) Anyhow, this is a fantastic brush. It applies just the right amount of pigment and is the perfect shape for applying blush. I have had ZERO SHEDDING with this brush and I am very impressed with the quality. In fact I love this so much I even invested in a 2nd brush during the Beauty.com 20% off sale...esp since I'm so lazy about cleaning my brushes. So you gals who are debating and putting off getting this, GO GET THEE THIS BRUSH!!!! You won't regret it!!!