Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using baby oil to remove eye makeup ever since I first started using makeup because my mom swore by it and she still uses it! I haven't found anything else that takes my eye makeup better than baby oil! It removes literally ALL your makeup even waterproof. It's very gentle, but sometimes it can leave my lids oily, but it's not a big issue. I also use it when I run out of shaving cream and it leaves my legs soooo smooth! I can't stop feeling them! I also use it to moisturize my body during winter when my skin is really dry. I love this stuff and will continue to use it.

on 5/28/2013 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love Baby Oil, it has become a vital part of my beauty routine and I reach for it many times a day.

I bought this originally to be used as an eye makeup remover. I got rid of most of my other skincare products (including moisturizers and makeup removers) when I was breaking out all the time. My skin cleared up and I was hesitant to add more products but I am so glad I tried Baby Oil.

I have very dry skin and most of the other removers I have tried are very harsh and left traces of makeup, especially my mascara. Baby Oil gets rid of everything while being gentle on my skin. I feel truly bare faced after using this.

Also, I use this as an oil for shaving, and sometimes even just as a moisturizer. I have never broken out from this product. This is my new HG remover, I just put some on a cotton pad and lightly remove the makeup from my eyes. This stuff is so cheap and it comes in a big bottle too, it will take me months to finish!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love Johnson's baby oil. I use it to take off make up, in my kids bath water in the winter to protect their skin, lets see I also use it post shower pre-towel when I have no time for lotion.

During pregnancy I had better results with stretch mark prevention with this than palmers coco butter crap.

on 4/2/2013 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh damn, I never thought I would find such an effective eye makeup remover in such a big and affordable bottle. This works doubly well for me because my eye area gets very dry. I have had no problems with breakouts of a result of this product.

on 2/26/2013 10:18:00 PM

I like to mix baby oil and sugar in 1:2 ratio and use as a scrub in the shower/bath whenever my skin's dry. It feels oily while showering, but once you get out and dry off it just leaves you with a nice, moisturized feeling. The only cons I can think of are yes, it does leave your shower slippery/coated and I have to make sure to avoid getting it on my face, since my facial skin doesn't agree with baby oil.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Awesome Stuff!
I use this to moisturize my baby's skin and my own skin, plus it is the BEST eye make-up remover I've used yet, even for waterproof long lasting makeup.

AFTER SHOWER MOISTURIZER:....Yes it's oil, so you'd think it would make you sticky after applying it after a shower. I thought so to, but I decided to try it anyways. And believe it or not (as long as you don't put way too much on) it sinks into your skin so well and so fast that you do NOT get sticky!!! Weird, I know! Your skin feels so amazing and soft, and not to mention the smell is sooo good. I LOVE this as an after-shower-moisturizer. I use it on my baby too sometimes, though I typically use Johnson's bedtime lotion on him.

EYE MAKEUP REMOVER:.... works VERY well, very quickly. I was surprised at how well it took off all my waterproof mascara. Only downside is that I find after using it, my vision is a bit blurry from the oil. I've heard this happens with alot of oil based removers. To fix this problem, just use it right before you go to bed. :)

DOWNSIDE:... the only problem is that it is oil, so it's very hard to handle as a moisturizer. Drippy and runny and messy. Hard to put this on a squirmy baby! I haven't tried it yet, but I know Johnson's makes a "GEL" baby oil... this would be PERFECT for using as a baby moisturizer :)

on 2/20/2013 7:29:00 AM

I have always suffered from awkward skin - rough skin on the back of my arms and on the seat of my bottom, little bumps on my thighs almost like ingrown hairs and just a general blotchyness. I tried all sorts of creams from expensive Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, to middle of the road body shop body butters and then I tried bog standard baby oil. Nothing works like Baby Oil. I use it when am still wet from the shower, then I drape my towel round me while I wait for it to a sink in before rubbing the rest in like I would do body butter. It has completely got rid of the rough patches on the back of my arms and on my bottom, my legs are silky smooth and I even use it at night on my face and now my skin is a lot less blotchy and sooo smooth. I have always struggled with spots on my face and worried that it would break me out (i'm on the pill at the moment so my skin is pretty clear), but i didn't get a single spot from using it and found that it made my skintone more even and my face is super soft. I wouldn't use it on my face during the day though! I can't believe what fab results I have got from using baby oil which costs a couple of quid and last for ages. Well recommended!!!!

on 2/20/2013 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use body oil for some of my fundamental beauty routines (shaving, make-up removal) and I cannot go a day without! I prefer Johnson & Johnson over other baby oils because it has a lower mineral oil content than the generic stuff and is less expensive than "better" oils like Neutrogena body oil. I HIGHLY recommend using baby oil or a body oil (if you can afford, bc you'll use a lot) to shave! I cannot stress to you the difference it has made for me and my friends (including men) that now use oil to shave. I used to have razor burn and shaving bumps wherever I shaved. I used to have a huge pre-soaking / warming routine in order to shave without causing pain. Ever since I started using oil (I use baby oil bc I go through several bottles a month and it's cheaper) I have had ZERO razor burns or irritation. I can even use the cheaper razor blades now; previously I could only use the expensive razors and only once, which would cost me a small fortune. I also use a small amount of baby oil to remove eye makeup - even the glue from my fake lashes (which I wear nearly everyday). I have used many different types of eye makeup removers but have found baby oil to be just as effective and washes clean - as long as I only use a very small amount and wash my face afterwards. However, If you have oily skin I would not recommend using this as a makeup remover. Lastly, if you SPRAY/FAKE tan I would recommend to not use baby oil while shaving and instead use an expensive sesame or body oil that doesn't have mineral oil; it will make your fake tan color fade much much quicker. Happy shaving! Once you start using this to shave you will never do without ever again!!!

on 2/3/2013 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would never use this product for moisturizing my own skin, as I feel like it would make me oily and nasty. However, I love it for removing makeup! Heavy stage makeup wipes off with ease when I use baby oil. Plus, its cheap and comes in huge bottles, so it saves money.

on 2/3/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is best used when your skin is wet or slightly damp. It locks in that moisture and leaves a pretty sheen on your skin. The scent is also comforting because it reminds me of when my little girl would get this stuff put on. This is nice stuff and may try other scents.

Popular Body Skincare Products