April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eyes - Visine Eye Drops

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was one of the strangest products reviewed here, but being Curious George, I HAD to try it. I busted out my Visine drops, wet my e/s brush with it, dipped into a MAC pigment and applied over my eyelids. Voila! Super duper intense color from the pigment and after day of wear, no crease or fade. The only thing is, the Visine does make the color slightly clumpy, like the past reviewer said... but as far as staying power goes... it WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by flcutiepye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I DID A COMPARISON last night comparing Visine & a homemade mixing medium (Mixing Medium is what you need if you turn any powder to liquid or gel form. Like if you want to use powder eyeshadow or pigment as an eyeliner, you use a little mixing medium, and it will turn the e/s to gel or liquid consistency.)...

The Visine completely CLUMPED up my GLITTER EYE shadow & it was VERY blotchy!! (It did however not burn my eyes...Be CAREFUL NOT TO USE too much of the mixing medium!! I accidentally had waaaaaay too much on my brush & it got in my eye & burned!!) I have not tried the visine w/ a regular loose eye shadow (w/out glitter)...

I did the other eye w/ a HOMEMADE MIXING MEDIUM (MAKE SURE NOT TO USE TOO MUCH b/c it burns when it gets in your eyes!!! All you need is a LITTLE BIT, just to dampen your brush...)-- All it is is 1 part Glycerin (you can find it at any local drug store.. a huge bottle is less than $5...) to 2 parts water... The eye w/ this looked so much better & the glitter stayed on ALL NIGHT!!! The line was PERFECTLY straight & EVEN, just as I had applied it & hoped it would look!!!

I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE w/ this guy Enkore's videos on youtube & here's a really easy & cheap tutorial on how to make the homemade mixing medium:

******* I compared the homemade one to MAC's & the homemade works just as great & you get a HUGE bottle for less than $5 (as opossed to a small MAC bottle for $500000000, ok really not that much! lol! But MAC's is A LOT more expensive!!)!!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Visine! It's a multipurpose product, who knew? Apparently, as the first reviewer mentioned, it can be used to bolden eyeshadows and keep your eyemakeup where it is all day! I personally haven't tried this, but it sounds good to me.

However, I use this product for (obviously) red, itchy, watery eyes due to allergies or due to being baked. But probably my favorite use for this product is taking the redness out of zits. If you just put some Visine on a Q-tip, apply it to your pimples, the red goes away in a matter of seconds.

After all that being said, how am I only the third person reviewing this great product on MUA?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i, also, am stunned that this hasn't been in P'ville for years! anyways, to add to CamillaCamilla's uses, i also have used Visine for taking the redness out of really inflamed zits. it actually does the same thing on your skin as it does in your eyes, which is constricting the dilated blood vessels and taking away the appearance of redness and irritation. just take a q-tip and a drop of Visine and apply it to the spot for a few moments, and voila! redness relieved. it doesn't last forever, but it helps. and for the eyes, you can't beat Visine, i never leave home w/o some in my makeup bag. nothing looks worse than really prettily made up eyes that are red and crazy looking! also helps if your eyes are dry or suffering from itchiness from allergies. a really great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe Productville has reviews for everything from sugar to pigtails, and no one has ever reviewed Visine! I have to confess I have only used Visine for its intended purpose once....to remove redness and irritation in my eyes. And it worked just great for that. So what do I normally use Visine( and it's generic counterparts) for? Eyeshadow! If I want my eyeshadow color to be more intense, long lasting, and crease proof, I wet my applicator with Visine. I squirt a drop out, dip my applicator into it, and VOILA! Intense shadow color that is NOT going to budge. Matte shadows become darker and more intense, shimmery shadows become intense metallics. If I want an eyeliner that lasts all day, I dip my eyeliner brush into my Visine drop, then into any powder eyeshadow. Any eyeshadow then becomes a long wearing liner. Unlike tap water, I know the Visine will be sterile and not cause any eye irritation or infection. A tiny bottle lasts a long, long time too. Will repurchase!