November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Kevyn Aucoin - Book- Face Forward

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 12:01:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated in buying this book, since I already owned the previous one "Making Faces". But I bought this, since it's a true inspiration. It's amazing what he could do with makeup - and if you're in a beauty rut, just try some of his fabulous ideas. I'm not a makeup artist (I just love makeup!), but was a true fan of Kevyn Aucoin - he had a big heart and an even bigger talent. There is no one else out there who had this amazing combination. He is missed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 7:01:00 AM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A definitely unique tome! Very fun to see the different and amazing celebrity makeovers. It is nothing that came off to me as personally useful in any way, but in the name of sheer fun, it is not bad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

"Face Forward" is the perfect companion to Kevin Aucoin's previous book "Making Faces". Again, he uses various clients to illustrate different makeup techniques, but this time he shows how makeup can be literally transforming as well as enhancing. There are some really amazing before and after photos in this, and I never thought the actress Calista Flockhart (from Ally McBeal) could look like Audrey Hepburn until I opened this book. The transformations are all great and awe inspiring. This book really makes me appreciate what cosmetics can do for appearances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This book is amazing, I think I like it even better than Making Faces...I can flip throught it for hours and hours, literally, this is the book I keep beside my couch so whenever a commericial comes on I pick it up and look through it, there is always something new to find...The pictures are amazing, the makeup transformations of celebritys into Hollywood Legends is amazing...He also showcases his sisters and mother, and also some normal everday people in this one...just beautiful work, by a make up giant...what a loss to the Beauty world...A true legacy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

His work is (and always was) gorgeous! His transformations are unbelievable, his tips are great, his techniques are simple to learn, and I love how he gives the book a personal touch by talking about his own life and experiences. Gorgeous photos, but some of them are a little over-airbrushed for a book that's supposed to be about make-up. Love it and love him!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by missyM

I really like this. I think his work was brilliant. I like the step by step instructions even though I doubt I'd end not looking like the celebs do! Still, it is fun to look at the natural faces, people in history, and fanciful characters. And to my surprise, I find myself reading this many times!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I leafed through this at the library a couple times. I adore seeing makeovers and it is even more interesting when celebrities are the subjects! He really transformed the women and brought out their beauty. He was such a great artist!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stop reading this review and try and go find this book! Even if you don't want to buy it, take a peek at a bookstore or library. It's beautiful and amazing. My favorite is Martha Stewart as Veronica Lake, because if you just showed me the Veronica Lake side, I never in a million years would have guessed who that was under there! Remarkable!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Making Faces" was more practical, while this book has some bizarre looks. I wouldn't copy all of the faces, but they gave me an idea of different techniques, or I can make slight changes so that the techniques are more practical for me. Wonderful photography and tips, of course. Didn't understand why the pro-Clinton and other political writing was included.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2002 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I love Kevyn Aucoin for his glamorous but achievable looks, and also the wonderful fantasy photography! Face Forward is great for inspiration for special events, and also fun for everyday experimentation. Not so practical for tips and techniques, but highly recommended nevertheless.