July 28, 2014 | 989 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Brown Script

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect fall brown. It's described as a chestnut brown and I think that's absolutely on the money. It's a warm shade with a hint of orange--(think changing seasons, the leaves turning not bright OTT orange). Highly recommended for a more obvious natural look!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really nice brown shadow. Pretty with blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this along with Handwritten back with the Matte 2 collection came out in 2007 and I have been using it continually since! This shadow is a very lovely reddish-brown. When used all over the lid I do get more of a terracotta shade, which I really like. However, the red is not too prevaelent so that I look red-eyed . It simply adds a nice warm overtone to the shadow. The staying power is also very good, as is the creamy consistency and the blendability. This is a very nice brown addition that is great if you are new to branching out of the regular earth tone range.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I have been looking for the perfect warm deep brown to replace a much beloved Arbonne color but in a more long-lasting e/s. Well, since the matte2 collection came out, I'd been eying this color and decided to give it whirl at an event today. I immediately bought it - it's a lighter version of my favorite Barbie e/s (Beautyburst) or like my fave MA said - Snappy without the shimmer. Funny story - I was looking at the line of my fave browns: Bamboo, Arena, Texture, Saddle, Swiss Chocolate - and this color was plunked in the middle of them and it was the only one I didn't have in that entire line. So, if you like all the colors I just mentioned and don't know if it's too much like..... It isn't - get it now!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i love the mac matte brown script shadow. it actually seems like a terricotta but it's great on my nw43 skin. it's listed as a warm chesnut brown on the mac site. i love the shade paired with arena or woodwinked and it's just a perfect "natural" eye. i got this in the pro palette which i'm a total fan of. check it out next time you're at the mac counter.