MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.7

on 3/24/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the matte2 texture, but sadly this eyeshadow looks to orange against my skin tone. But it looks amazing on other people. Highly highly pigmented.

on 12/26/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

love the color ...nice reddish brown ...i like it so much in the crease ...i'm nc 40 ....i pair it with brule ..they r a good combination also i use it all over the lid ... gives me a really nice warm look

I love Brown Script. I went last week to the departament store and BS was d/c so I got tete-a-tint and Swiss Chocolate instead of BS. I'm quite happy with both e/s but BS is way moooore gorgeous.
BS is a matte2 clay color, perfect for daytime looks and very very versatile. I love put Blanc Type in the whole lid area and BS in outer v and creases. Then I smoke it a bit smudging my beloved Givenchy Magic Kajal, two coats of mascara and i'm done!

on 2/28/2009 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this because I was trying to duplicate a look I saw on youtube. It's a great color it showed up without a base which is unheard of on my eyes due to heavy discoloration. It's a matte2 or matte squared. It blends beautifully.

on 11/22/2008 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a perfect fall brown. It's described as a chestnut brown and I think that's absolutely on the money. It's a warm shade with a hint of orange--(think changing seasons, the leaves turning not bright OTT orange). Highly recommended for a more obvious natural look!!

Really nice brown shadow. Pretty with blue eyes.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this along with Handwritten back with the Matte 2 collection came out in 2007 and I have been using it continually since! This shadow is a very lovely reddish-brown. When used all over the lid I do get more of a terracotta shade, which I really like. However, the red is not too prevaelent so that I look red-eyed . It simply adds a nice warm overtone to the shadow. The staying power is also very good, as is the creamy consistency and the blendability. This is a very nice brown addition that is great if you are new to branching out of the regular earth tone range.

I have been looking for the perfect warm deep brown to replace a much beloved Arbonne color but in a more long-lasting e/s. Well, since the matte2 collection came out, I'd been eying this color and decided to give it whirl at an event today. I immediately bought it - it's a lighter version of my favorite Barbie e/s (Beautyburst) or like my fave MA said - Snappy without the shimmer. Funny story - I was looking at the line of my fave browns: Bamboo, Arena, Texture, Saddle, Swiss Chocolate - and this color was plunked in the middle of them and it was the only one I didn't have in that entire line. So, if you like all the colors I just mentioned and don't know if it's too much like..... It isn't - get it now!!

on 11/16/2007 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i love the mac matte brown script shadow. it actually seems like a terricotta but it's great on my nw43 skin. it's listed as a warm chesnut brown on the mac site. i love the shade paired with arena or woodwinked and it's just a perfect "natural" eye. i got this in the pro palette which i'm a total fan of. check it out next time you're at the mac counter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials